Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

I just assumed he gets work because he ticks the diversity box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Google chrome profile getting corrupted. Cumputer has already been wiped and set back up, the chrome profile was running perfect until about a week ago where it's back to freezing, running slow and acting the b*ollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yep, it sure ain’t the ‘talent’ box. 😉

out for some exercise, on leaving home I check my phone to see if my 20 quid is stashed in the cover, yep it’s sticking out… on the way back I call into the shop to procure a cold drink… take phone out, go get the note, but it’s a fûckin English fiver from my recent trip stashed there. And my wallet is at home and no other cash… using self service till so at least I didn’t look like a schmuck despite feeling like one. A thirsty schmuck…

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

'Proper lads' in those redneck style modern pick-up trucks with headlights that can be spotted from the International Space Station that seem to specifically come out at night-time when the weather is bad and think they own the road.

Got tailed by one earlier, with the lights blinding me in the rearview mirror as he pushed right up on my back bumper. Now I am neither a slow or cautious driver, so if I thought he was being excessive, he* must have been.

* assuming the driver is male, but they nearly always are in those machines.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Walking along the road in my home town, someone drives by and obviously recognises me, smiles broadly and waves at me, and the best I can do is to nod and mouth "Hi" because I'm not wearing my glasses (even my feet are out of focus), I don't recognise the car, the roundy, baldish head of an indeterminate age 20 years each side of mine could be a couple of my neighbours (but the car they drive isn't like that one), old schoolmates of mine or anyone else at all.

I still don't know who that was. FFS, it's gonna bug me.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teediddlyeye

I always beep and wave at randomers just to get a confused wave in return.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

So it was you! What the hell were you doing in my neck of the woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Wordle . I’ve been wrecking my brain trying to do it and suddenly I find out i was doing the ’easy’ mode . 😡😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Archeron

We've had a vase thing at home, blue and white floral yoke with a lid - old fashioned and horrible, for donkeys years. Through the decades it moved randomly around the house and now lives on top of a kitchen cabinet. One of those, ah you cant throw that out, we had it years things.

Just recently, somebody was in the house and spotted it and asked whose ashes they were. It would appear that the blue and white vase is a cremation urn. I took it down and it does have a layer of brown dust inside. I dont know if its tea (its had a long and varied life in my house) or corpse particles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

watching news . And they’re on about the golfers rocking in Rome . Of all games , golf is the opposite of rocking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you call out someone on a family chat group on what's app for something and then you wonder why the **** you bothered wasting your energy.

When you spend time and money on something that no longer gives you joy but you can't let go because your spent time and money on it. I think it's called the sunken cost fallacy.

Watching Rovers vs Shelbourne and what strikes me is having been watching or going to LOI on and off since about 1990…. The refereeing is as bad if not worse than it’s ever been. Ridiculously poor performance by an absolute clown tonight..

secondly Shamrock Rovers still consistently have some of the grimiest players going… there is ‘dark arts’ and then this shower…. Should have finished with 9 men…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I spent the day sorting out toys the kids have out grown. I am so emotionally drained from it. We haven't got the space to keep them but like that cost money and some were gifts.

Trying to justify that another child will enjoy them as they are in perfect condition, but still I'm a hoarder and it's hard .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm absolutely ruthless about clearing stuff out. I can't stand clutter.

My TA is that I need to swap over my summer and winter clothes this weekend. I hate doing it but love when it's done.

If the kids don't want them anymore then you can give them away on a local Facebook zero waste group.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

So we have a brand new cycle lane on a local road , smooth and wide etc . Yet I was driving down that road and was delayed by a line of traffic trying to overtake a cyclist on the road . Personally I think that by law a cyclist should be in the cycle lane when available .

This drives me insane. There's a fantastic cycle lane from Sutton to Clontarf as safe as you can get. Some parts of the road have been narrowed to the width of a bus, to allow for the cycle path.

Yet you still get the gobsh*te cycling on the road.

Actually have a family member taking them, but they haven't said exactly what they want (which is another TA, though I do understand where they are coming from) so whatever is left over there's a women's shelter near me, I'll give them first refusal then the FB groups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Amazon pre-orders

I pre-ordered an album two months ago. Release date is 29 September. My order still hasn't shipped.

Logged onto Amazon early yesterday and searched for the item "In stock - order now for Prime delivery 30 September"

So ordered a second copy and it arrived before 9.00am this morning.

Yet the original order still hasn't moved - now says delivery by 5 October. Happening constantly now - if you pre-order you don't get the item until 4 or 5 days after release.

Whereas if you just wait until release day, it's generally available for delivery within 24 hours. The obvious downsides are 1) The item may sell out on pre-orders, 2) You don't get the benefit of pre-order price fluctuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Should have finished 4 nil up instead of just one nil

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have to say in my locality the street sweeper machine things ignore the cycle lanes, to the point of spreading debris directly into the cycle path.. Unsure if it's similar in your area but prolific in Galway

Caveat I am unable to cycle so not any form of expert, I just see what I hobble past

Booking a holiday, called a travel agent to speak with a particular expert we’ve been dealing with for donkeys years…to arrange a sit down as always……“ ohhh Maura is no longer office based, she works from home full time now, can I give you her work mobile ? “. I say yes just to be affable about it…. But it’s a personally tailored luxury holiday probably costing the guts of 12 - 14 grand between us….yet we don’t deserve an in person consultation with the company expert in said field of travel ? In person, is so much easier…

she’s brilliant, she absolutely is class at her job, and expert …true ! but this pandemic for all intents and purposes is done…. and no roughly 50 or thereabouts year old person providing a customer facing job, in that field should be at home working now….her colleagues arnt …so…. I’m guessing it just suits her family situation and her employer is in agreement however it doesn’t really suit us, her / their customers…

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Shop next door to work has changed the only two sandwiches I like, from white to whole wheat bread. Now the sandwiches taste old, like they've been sitting out overnight on a countertop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The lobotomised are out in force in the Square today. Mother of fcuking god, would yis just get out of my way.

Should have finished a few men down not just 1 ! 😉

Todays TA … a national / international sporting organization who have a very flashy website… but no contact section for any department, nothing whatsoever..…

can’t be phoned, can’t be emailed, can’t be written to…. Another shower who evidently prefer all communication and interaction with them now as they on there are prompting….to be through Twitter , Facebook, Instagram presumably TikTok and whatever other social media appendages of theirs they just love you to like…

not just these cünts but businesses full stop who nowadays go over and above to make money off people yet who provide zero customer contact services… aside from social media…

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Football fan applauding a pass back to the goal keeper like it was a brilliant passage of play 🤨🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

My Whatsapp messages not being sent. The networks not down. Frustrating. Just getting one tick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Are you just sending messages to one person? They might have blocked you. 😬

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement