Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think theory interrupted Pat's attempt at finishing his version of Real Slim Shady.

How come the Rock and Cena can appear during the Strike? Or is it just the same as ones appearing on chat shows, etc, as long as they don't promote anything?

Seems to be a bit of a running joke where Cena isn't allowed to speak. I know they've done it once or twice before.

And with all the talking, they only had 4 matches. It did seem like they were working with a limited roster or something.

Maybe it's the ring gear but looks like Shotzi is on the same plan as Becky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

My understanding is you're allowed to be on these shows once you don't promote a project or discuss a past project that was a SAG-Aftra production. WWE also doesn't have union writers so the WAG strikes don't offend them so that probably helps their case too. Even though arguably still not a good look.

I think Smackdown felt lighter because of that massive opening going for 20 minutes and also the fact that so many of the stories are tangled together right now, which I enjoy but it does mean there's less going on in the show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I felt a week or two back, Rocks guys seem to be suggesting Cena would have backlash for doing appearances, due to the strikes. Wonder if Rock realised he was overestimating how much people care about pro wrestling and decided to follow suit, lol.

Hes so electric and I wish he’d make more appearances though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Kind of wish The Rocks surprise return was Bloodline related

Looking more like Cody's story with Roman won't be ending at Mania if Rocky is around

• Registered Users Posts: 86,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Waller is great, Theory is bland as already mentioned and I can't get into main event Jimmy either yet

I'd be happy for a Reigns / LA Knight brief feud and match

Iyo not around to build her match with Asuka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Given that the WWE is now owned by Endeavor which also owns the William Morris Talent agency that would have a very large majority of its acting talent out on strike at the moment the Rock and Cena are very close to being scabs.

The Rock probably thinks he can do because he donated a million to the strike fund.

Some actors are doing film festivals, some talk shows are back, I'll be honest I'm confused by what is allowed by SAG strikers

The Rock and Oprah getting flack for Maui donation fund yet they made donations personally

Theory on a role with the big names

Solo vs. Cena for RR and/or WM talked about currently in the dirt sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Think that's a bit harsh.

Even without considering Endeavour, when all is said and done, there are actually plenty of wrestlers that are part of SAG that are still wrestling, it's just that Cena and the Rock are more actor than wrestler now.

I'd be more critical if it wasn't for the fact that SAG have clearly never had any intention of putting 'wrestlers' in their union when asked in the past. They can't deny them being in their union on one hand and then scold them with the other.

It's a complex situation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Ridley

Would have been nice if it even had anything to do with Waller banging on about The Rock for weeks (for no raisin) but hey ho.

• Advertisement

SmackDown is leaving Fox and returning to USA Network in October 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Expect a big roster shake up next year so to get the main players back onto Raw

AJ and Cena are teaming up against Solo and Jimmy

Iyo defends against Asuka

Jimmy is back in The Bloodline then

A good match between Iyo and Asuka

Is Elton serious in copying Roddy Neck Strong 😄

Where is Sheamus?

Ah, there they are. Using the tag titles curse to bring Alba and Isla back. That's commitment from WWE to injure the women just to promote a team. 😀

Charlotte getting involved in the women's title match? I'm shocked! When Iyo vs Asuka was set up I was looking forward to a promo or 2 between them, but didn't get them. Also I see Dakota has the knee brace on again. Maybe she's started training for a return.

Don't think Elton is copying Roddy. The whole #<insert name>strong thing seems to be a common thing. Just for Roddy, it plays on his name as well. But here, I think it's just a coincidence.

Could Orton return as Cena's partner for Fastlane?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think LA Knight was meant to be the one but tested positive for Covid that day

Is it a bit soon to tease a break up in Lashley's drip business faction, was thinking Jade would be a good addition

I'd say first Bobby needs to get them to be more serious. When they first reappeared with Bobby they attacked everyone. But after that they just went back to acting the same as before.

Yea id say it's more to get SP to embrace the heel run and get aggressive etc

• Advertisement

I think he's a Smackdown talent so will ask here. Is Cameron Grimes injured?

Just got your answer, facing Austin theory on sd

Knight as Cena's partner is a good move, he is over and could get a Reigns singles match

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Now is the perfect time for a Cena heel turn

Cena vs LA Knight at Survior Series

Second time now I've asked about someone and they turned up.

For some reason a dark match was available online with Ashante Adonis Vs Butch filmed before smackdown. Ended with the commentators coming out. Kevin Patrick and Cole came out together to Cole's entrance and Corey got his own entrance.

Gunther vs. Seth and Cena vs. Dom also dark matches

Jey and Cody are on Smackdown this week, can we expect a Bloodline encounter

Will Heyman "acknowledge" Rhea 😄

Jimmy should maybe follow Solo's way and not speak, he is no main event level like Jey and seems back in The Bloodline, Knight is so over more week after week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

HHH set to make an announcement tonight. Apparently it’s…

Nick Aldis will be a new authority figure in Smackdown

• Advertisement

Reigns back tonight, Cena, Cody and Jey also down for tonight

Advertisement