Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Darby, Danielson and Nick Wayne showed up at the Kraken game just now :)

My terrible pic

Post edited by Cherry_Cola on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Darby Allan vs Christian confirmed as the main event for Wrestledream.

Its happening. 👀

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I do want to see Edge in AEW but not with Christian. Christian is doing great at the moment and I don't want to see him having to share mic time with Edge, or the inevitable comparisons and WWE references. This is very much NWA-TNA champion Christian we are seeing again at the moment and long may it continue

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Agreed I'd rather keep them away till the right time, like there is still more for Christian in this character especially what they are planning with Nick Wayne. I'd even love to see the demise of this Christian and then eventually do something with Edge.

I'd be worried they'll put them together to get a Hardys match/rivalry.

I feel that a feud/story with Christian is probably the main reason Edge is even signing for AEW; without that, I don't know if he goes there, in that he seems to want that story before he retires.

The best bet is whatever that story entails, it lasts for 12 months and encompasses a few others along the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Darby winning with Edge interference?

I'd put all titles on Christian

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ZSJ was gas on commentary.

I think Nigel is getting involved in someway I think between The American Dragon vs. ZSJ.

Lots of talk about a new era beginning tonight so interested to see what it means. Talk of Edge, Sasha, The Kingdom reveal, streaming deals and even a promotion purchase so should be interesting. Josh Barnett vs Claudio should be a fun one - sat next to Josh at a VIP evening with Danzig and he was so sound so good to see him get a shot.

Live scoop for ye 😂 I'm Sat next to Will Washington who's talking to a friend and he's freaking about them showing Christian on screen after the Inoki ceremony. Said there's panic about it and they'll catch so much **** for it 😅

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I thought it was edited but then realized the background was wrestledream so knew it was done deliberately

• Advertisement

It’s happened! 😂

Ive only the main event watched so far, but what an ending. It’s great we are back to the days of having,people jumping ship, creating these big moments again. I missed this sort of thing from the older days.

Adam Copland tweeted the following post show.

From The Desk of…

As some of you may now know, I’m no longer with WWE. My new home is AEW. I’m excited. Whole new roster. Some familiar faces that I wanted to work with again and a whole set of first ever matches. New challenges, and if you’ve followed my career, you know that’s what I’ve always been driven by. 

But first and foremost I want to address my 25 years with WWE. I love WWE and appreciate everything the company did for me. Always have, always will. They put me on the map, gave me amazing opportunities and through hard work on both ends, I’ve been supplied with a wonderful life. Hell, WWE helped me meet the woman I’d start my family with. Sometimes relationships just grow apart and I feel the WWE and I have just outgrown each other. I wanted to do more. They didn’t have much more for me to do. Simple as that. And that’s ok. I’ll still be watching and still be supporting all of my friends there. 

I don’t buy into this odd mentality of one company or the other. It’s weird. If you took offense to that, take a walk, get some fresh air and soak up some sunshine. It’s wrestling. An amazing gig. But still, it’s wrestling. Relax. It’s supposed to be fun. And it’s just a segment of the fans, not most fans, and definitely not the performers. Within the industry we all know that more choices is better for everyone and pushes us all to be better. As a wrestling fan, which I still am, it’s exciting that there’s viable companies providing wrestling on national and worldwide platforms. If you’re actually a fan of wrestling, and not acronyms, that should make you happy too.

I guess what I’m trying to say is this, if you’ve appreciated my work, you still can, no matter what the initials are. Because I’ll still be bustin my ass everytime I’m out there. This ride isn’t over just yet. Just try to have fun, like it should be. Because trust me I’ll be having fun everytime I’m out there in an AEW ring. Let’s go!

Rated R Superstar Adam Copeland but with his theme tune

Apparently WWE abandoned the trademark for Rated R Superstar in 2020, hence how he could keep it now as a nickname,

That was a class PPV from start to finish.

AEW never let you down when it comes to a PPV always great value for money.

Signed a full time deal and will wrestle fultime.

His first match is on Title Tuesday against Luchasaurus.

Adam also donated his final set of WWE ring gear to Sami for Syria.

Bryan Danielson on Brie joining AEW - "Never say Never"

Adam not sure if Beth can join him in the immediate future however he loves working with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Goosebumps for Edges Adam Copelands entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Cotts72

It's a shame he never got a belt in his final run with WWE...not sure what is spot in AEW will be now..mid card shuffle maybe a one for feud with MJF

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I assume the theme is okay to use but not the "You think you know me" part since it was a new version.

Was just thinking back to Jeff Hardy's debut and people commenting on him dancing to the ring. How many times could Sting have been Conchairtoed?

Think I've said before, but I'm not a fan of a mainly singles guy beating a fulltime tag team by himself.

This maybe the shot in the arm casual AEW fans needed after all the CM Punk ballax

• Advertisement

He was a bit of Mark himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Now, Roderick Strong has another Adam to shout at.

Free agent

Just saying!

The American Dragon vs. ZSJ rematch at Wrestle Kingdom please.

I think E & C against MJF and Cole could be fun

I'd say there is lots in AEW who would want to work with a legend like Edge

I know Matt Hardy wanted Hardyz vs. E & C again a final time

Could we an Edge faction The UnJudgement Day 😁

Looks like Jade played it nicely to get good money from the WWE.

Tony asked the media scrum about Jade.

States he ‘didn’t see it coming’, says he made Jade a ‘very fair offer’, then she ‘asked for more’, he then proceeded to raise his offer & she turned that down, says it surprised him because that said offer was more than what she originally asked for.

Got to say having competition is good for the wrestlers paychecks.

The new Era already has a tee

There's not living on the Edge anyway with the gimmick

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Obviously he just went there because he missed how Justin Roberts announced "Rated R Superstar"

• Advertisement

Christian has been phenomenal in his current heel run, I just don't want Edge over shadowing him

Advertisement