Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

For me the really difficult questions that need answering are over the the clearly botched Diaz goal decision and then the 10 second still presented to hooper of Jones tackle. Are we now going to see a still on ever review? At Var discretion? As opposed to showing the ref the incident?

Also, the jota first yellow, is that not a clear and obvious error and should be cancelled?

As an aside, Jota the only man in red who was worthy of complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The whinging is warranted though.

The big decisions went against us - Every single one of them.

The first Red - the way VAR had the 'worst' still image waiting for him but never showed the 'other' angle, where he went over the ball, that looked like a Yellow tackle, hte one they showed, looked more like a red one.

Jota's first Yellow, really looked like the Spurs player tripped himself - no issue with the second one.

But No One can deny the Blatant Onside goal that was given as Offside. On what basis was it offside. The Grass cut lines - it literally is clear to see to a blind man.

If we can't whinge about the above, then there is something wrong in fairness.

Add to that, some nonsensical yellows given to Liverpool players - Robertson, eyes on the ball, clearly being lined up for a hit, but he gets a yellow.

The performance will stand to us.

Ay seasons end, Spurs will have gotten 3 points from this game, but I wager Liverpool will have gottem a hell of a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The signal I am getting is that FSG are looking for the exit. They are looking for a short term exit, not the long term benefit of remaining owners and building this club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Romero is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

You must not of watched the game or else you haven't 2 brain cells to rub together!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

The Ange love in from the media and fans seems a bit premature aswell - they have started well but seems a bit early for all this adulation , let's see how they fare after a few dodgy results and decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Whatever about all the other decisions, offsides are like goal line decisions, there are no excuses for getting them wrong, there's no debate if a ball crossed the goal line or not, same with offside, it's not objective, he's either off or he's not.

The argument for VAR at the time is that it would put an end to bad offside decisions, the standards would get better etc etc.

The experiment has failed, pack it in and go back to the way it was. Football was less fustrating knowing a ref got a decision wrong before VAR, as oppose to now where you know there are several people getting it wrong at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

What an absolutely bizarrely robotic summary of the game if you can't understand the cruel nature of that game and diabolical decisions . Jota booked for a player tripping himself up and he can have no complaints ? Diaz goal ruled out with no lines drawn , Mo through on goal in dangerous position and has a free kick awarded against him when spurs player falls over.

Jones tackle was a red but the way VAR presented it made sure the ref was influenced. The whole game was a disaster of officiating

• Advertisement

Had forgotten the Gomez pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Few big decisions I'll mention.

Jones - we've seen tackles like that given as a red but far more often they are a yellow. I feel the VAR made up the refs mind by leaving the still of the impact on the screen as the first thing he sees of the tackle.

Diaz - no way in hell is this offside. Someone f**ked up. Whether they didn't look at Romero or what I've no clue but that was a good goal.

Gomez - I thought that the spurs player went through the back of Gomez and there was a good shout for a penalty. Haven't seen it back yet though.

Jota - first yellow isn't a card. He's a fool for diving in like he did and he can only blame himself.

There were a few other dodgy yellows as well but no point discussing them.

I will say that we played very very well for the majority of the game. Although it was a loss it shows that there's something about Liverpool again and I hope the team but tonight behind them and go again on Thursday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

The celebrations looked a bit over the top in fairness. You'd swear they just won the cup or something. The "offside" goal is insane a complete breakdown in ref/var duties and someone needs to answer for what occurred.

I've never seen a match like that before but Jota deserved to go he's a very odd player. I never quite get what he does well in the team but he scores goals every time I write him off. Stupid today even though the first yellow was a mistake IMO. Jones was harsh but he did go over the ball so hard to argue with it really.

Gutted for matip, the whole team played amazing but as others have said I think we'll gain from this experience in the long run. Weirdly I'm more confident of pushing city close after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

..😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

He is a different character though,win or lose,I like him from the interviews etc also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

This is nonsense yes first one was extremely soft but he knows he’s on a yellow he need to play accordingly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The Jones one I can understand but as previously mentioned there's only been 6 straight red cards handed out to the other 19 teams all season and I see 3 or 4 challenges just like Jones' every weekend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Nah, you're just wrong. The first one isn't soft, it isn't a yellow card at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wait for an apology from VAR about that "offside" goal from Diaz.

I'm no conspiracy nut but they have it in for us this season.

Infamy, infamy, they all have it in for me.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Apparently Udogie was waving the imaginary card around for Jota first booking. He was on a yellow himself at the time. I'd imagine that rule has fallen by the wayside now already?

• Advertisement

The more I look at the Diaz offside the more I'm not sure why the official has flagged at all.

That's a call you'd be critical of even pre-VAR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Crystal ball time, let me predict, and I'm no psychic

The PGMOL will tonight say, (to cover their tracks), that the lines couldn’t be drawn for the Diaz goal for some technical reason, and therefore they HAD to stick with the original call, and all in 0.004 of a second.

How the hell can I predict this, and yet this is exactly what they'll say.

CORRUPTION

Think we'd have killed them eleven vs eleven today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

PGMOL admit they fucked up. It was a goal for Diaz.

Even if they drew the lines they'd find a way to get him offside, will never get over this line being drawn from beyond Mane's arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Lol, PGMOL have admitted they fcuked up.

Still don't understand why it wasn't shown in real time?

I'd like to hear what they have to say, how do explain getting this call wrong? Like there's no feasible explanation other than "we never actually reviewed it"

• Advertisement

Statement in

Going another way

Saying it never checked the offside, although during the game offside came up, and check was conducted

LIARS

VAR encourages linesman to flag offside whenever they're not sure, so the play can be reviewed....they then don't review the play.

They ran out of ideas. One trick pony feel about him, but tbf they have a decent haul of points after 7 games. Long way to go.

They are making it out as human error, but it isn't, they didn't do any part of the procedure.

Well so much for LiVARpool!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Sure what good is an apology to Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Even Gary Neville's apoplectic, and he hates us

• Advertisement

That’s fine we can both agree on that it’s not the issue it’s the tackle he made while on that yellow is the problem

Yeah the error is that nobody actually reviewed it, absolutely asleep at the wheel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I thought the same but its worse than that. It's a freaking farce and an apology from the PGMOL will mean nothing. We go 1-0 and they don't score. Gakpo most likely doesn't get injured as the whole game is different, Jota is not needed at halftime, it changes everything. I don't know what to say really.

Absolutely, but then he just has a yellow and we're not having this conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

All goals are checked by VAR in the Premier League. It's automatic.

Except that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Replay the game? Seems only fair

• Advertisement

So very debatable red, even Neville felt sorry for Jones, and robbed of a beautiful goal from Diaz, what a finish.

Its at most 1 point dropped and City and United lost, so not all bad. The damage could have been a lot worse.

Bottle that rage and carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Neville can hear var on comms. Said they said "Check. Check complete ". In less than a second. So the statement is a lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That statement makes no sense. It's genuinely a lie.

Every single goal is reviewed. Especially possible offsides. We know this.

So they need to try again with a different explanation, because that one can be dismissed immediately as nonsense.

How could they not have checked for offside? I just don't get it.

Good man Neville hanging tgem out to dry

• Advertisement
Advertisement