Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conservation Ranger - vacancies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭slipperyox

I did the interview this year. And half way through, I just thought, sod it, I don't want the job and told them so...lol

Pay is crap, and it was one of those rehearsed style interviews. And i was not entertained when I asked about pension transfer etc.

The degree part is now "desirable"...

They expect people to apply from having "volunteered" in nature programmes, and your lucky to get the job, and you'll be happy with the crap pay

They give you, as its a "vocation".

My personal take anyway, but might suit someone due to inherit parents house

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

There is a growing issue with low pay in both the public and private sector due to this government induced cost of living crisis. I know someone starting in a relatively technical position with AIB and the starting salary is like the past 10 years of inflation never happened🙄

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Yup.

Private sector is lagging a ways behind public as usual but even in high salary industries experienced people are getting sod all to balance cost of living/inflation/shrinkflation/etc.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Stuck my CV in for it for the S&Gs.The chances of me getting it are about less than zero, due to my age, but anyway. So they want someone with a degree[not specified what] but that amounts to about 28K worth of starting debt these days and able to do physical labour too out of doors in all weathers. Quite an ask for what 25k gross starting off?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Eddie B

I've done voluntary wildlife work in several different area's, over the years. A lot of the people I worked with, were sound, down to earth people, but there was a good proportion of let's say, opinionated snobbish sorts involved as well.

I for one, wouldn't go for this sort of job. To me, it would be like sleeping with the enemy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement