Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

1 tick means it's been sent, based on my Google search, but not received. Maybe they've a new SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ThePentagon

Waking up in the middle of a compelling dream, and then trying to immediately get back to sleep in a vain attempt to resume that dream. I can't be the only person who sometimes does this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I somehow have developed an eye infection. My tear duct is inflamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Apcoa’s “convenience” fee.

€3 for all day parking if you pay cash.

€3.30 for paying via the App - only spotted it when I looked at my bank statement.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I nearly forgot. Today I saw a high-maintenance lady dressed like a Barbie strolling with her dog. She was wearing an all pink outfit, but she also subjected her poor long-haired dog to a pink waterproof raincoat with sleeves and legs. No, it wasn't raining and it was quite mild out, too. People who treat pets like fashion accessories do my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How long are they going to write "formally known as Twitter" after X in media reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,390 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

People who are always afraid of the cold and wear about 10 layers

One who really gets to me is Brian Cody, he's supposed to be this big tough man but he seems to fear dear old cold. It could he boiling out but he'd always have about 3 layers on. Maybe if they made him come out in only 2 top layers he wouldn't of won all those All Irelands because he'd probably be hiding away in the heat

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Im after a tub of Irish stew , and it’s made me hungrier . Lasagna it is so a half hour wait to eat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That's mad Ted, was there no spuds in the stew?.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,296 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Those stupid ducks with boots ornaments that seem to be everywhere. Must be the 'Live Laugh Love' of the 2020s.

F*cking liars, especially in healthcare and when lies are associated with laziness and carelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Are posts in the Food forum pre-moderated? When did that happen?

TA is that I did some gardening yesterday and my forearms are killing me today. Too much enthusiastic pruning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,296 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's almost like an adult who never really moved on from playing with dollies only now it's the dog that's dressed up in different outfits.

It's a Vanilla glitch, they're working on it at the moment, and the food forum isn't the only one that's affected.

Either that, or too many high-end fashion magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ah right. I'll look like a right twat now posting twice. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 25,430 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

IT updates that are supposed to improve the functionality, reliability and user experience of tech stuff but instead make it worse x1000.. im looking at you, Apple ! 😡

A friend of mine has been hospitalised going on a week.…she now lives in another country, it’s apparently a psychological matter….spoke a couple of days ago, she’s ‘ok’ or sounded ok, talking lucidly and sensibly …. Now this morning I decided to check in, she’s crying so hard on a WhatsApp call she can hardly be understood …..the catalyst for my call was seeing she’d disappeared from all her social media portals….

Some marriage problems, stress of in one year of starting her own business, then having her first child …. Plus a husband who is a nice well meaning and friendly guy but he’s got about as much get up and go as a rug on Valium…and not evidently pulling his weight and is instead prioritizing X-Box, social media, his work and friends… over her and the kid . Basically a 36 year old IT professional / IT & gaming obsessed man child……….Probably not trivial but fúck it… there it is..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I am now more than TA'd. Is there an Extremely Annoyed thread?

Any woman needs to think very carefully about marrying a man who is still obsessed with gaming as an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was watching Ireland AM this morning before work, and they actually had a very interesting guest on, talking about innovation in science that should be happening in our health system, stuff like portable ultrasound devices that plug into the doctor's phone rather than a patient waiting to be admitted to hospital and waiting another 24 hours waiting for the standard scan. He had a few other devices to show too.

Anyway...the annoying bit was Alan Hughes, repeatedly interrupting the guest's interesting account of his time in the HSE, usually at an important point, and just so he could ask one of the inane questions on his clipboard.

Yer man was very polite, but after the third interruption, said to Alan "Well, if you'd let me finish...!". And he was probably thinking "Which of these devices would do most harm to Mr Hughes?". (Or maybe that was just me...) 😈

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I got a seafood paella from one of these food vendors in the park on Saturday. There was 1 shrimp in it along with a box of rice 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I got an (overdue) haircut and while it's not a cold day, my head is numb 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

Having to be around someone with quite bad hearing loss, borderline ADHD and arthritis…

=

• Registered Users Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Aggressively scented toilet roll. What's the point? They make the bathroom smell all headachey but it's not like it makes any difference to your arse/fanny.

Glasses . I found my glasses for normal everyday wear , but in my reading glasses both lenses have fallen out , plus i mislay them everyday. And without glasses I can’t see where they are 😡😡

Some crisp manufacturers who put salt & vinegar in green packets, and cheese and onion in blue.

And you open the wrong packet by mistake.

Gits.

• Advertisement

Marcus bastarding Rashford… fûcking 7 yards from goal, clean through on goal but shoot ? Nooo, try pass to an opposition player ? Yep, that’s what he does ! about as much finesse, accuracy as much cutting edge and as much vision as a one legged donkey…

he’ll be gimping on his Twitter in the next 24 hours about some cause or something ernest and close to his heart..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement