Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Inmate2020

Have anyone been called for interview lately ? Anywhere ? I’m 6 off being called ( if it happens ) and nothing has moved in weeks .. have a path worn to largevolumerecruitment 🙄🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Update for Offaly, 100 inter and 42 open called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 niamho67

My friend got an interview date and read they email wrong and didn't confirm attendance or submit photo I.D

She received an email saying she won't be considered and she has missed the deadline. She is devastated and really wants the job.

Is there anything she can do? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

She could try emailing today and explaining the situation (went to spam maybe?). They are usually quite accommodating when something like that happens.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Tell her to contact that LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie email asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 AidanBol

Got results of interview beginning of August, currently placed 3rd on Open and Interdepartmental comps. Has any one heard of any movement for Waterford on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deeb123

Have my interview tomorrow morning, had results from another interview Monday and failed. So nervous about this one now. I just really struggle. Haven’t high hopes for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I gotta say, I can be pretty calamitous in interviews, so I had misgivings approaching mine. I just kept reviewing my competencies, and thinking about how my stories highlighted the qualities outlined in the candidate booklet. I also made sure I had the values of the civil service off by heart (acc to 'Civil Service Renewal 2030 Strategy', they are Independence, Respect, Fairness, Equality, Impartiality, Integrity). There might have been 1 or 2 tricky questions, but I was able to think my way through them. The panel couldn't have been more fair and the time flew by. I was in Batch 2 and got an OOM in the top 20, so I was pretty happy in the end.

Good luck - this is the worst part!!

Thank you, I’ve worked on a few things since the last one so I’m hoping this one goes my way.

• Advertisement

One quick question, and there is no application form as such like you would have for an internal competition how do they structure the interview?

for my internal one they just moved through my form so you kinda knew what was coming next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

They spelled out who would be asking which competencies at the start. From memory, it was pretty clear what they were looking for.

(Er, a bit late now but I see this is the 2022 thread, when my own experience is in the 2023 competition, but I imagine there won't be much of a difference. Oh, and I'm in the Open comp)

How long on average does it take from submitting your clearance form to being offered a position?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Poolbabe

In my situation from the date of the interview to the start date It was exactly a month. But from clearance to offer it was approximately 4 days. I'm interdepartmental though

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭336699

Any update on how many have been called from the Limerick panel?

I don’t want to email PAS again 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭skidmarkoner

I gave up hope once they launched the Dublin only panel I doubt we will hear anything now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

What's the email address for this to check OOM ?

Last update for Limerick was 23 Open and 8 InterD back in September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

I'm open panel OOM 25 Limerick and had interview last Tuesday

No results yet

Thanks for the update, glad to hear they are still calling people for interview.

Fingers crossed you’ll get positive news soon.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to ask to stay in your current department and if so how? I like the department I’m in.

Got my results today and passed 🥳

If there are vacant EO positions in your department that haven't been assigned to anyone yet surely you could stay, ask your HR office as soon as possible. It happened to a friend of mine.

Post edited by Technocentral on

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Any update on the Kerry panel?

What kind of timelines have people experienced with being placed after being successful at interview

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pip1414

PAS have been in contact with me regarding clearance. However, I need extra security clearance in addition to Garda Vetting - how long will this take? The email said it could take up to 16 weeks, which is February, then an offer would actually be made then, and I would give my two months notice at my current job, so making my start date in April (nearly a whole YEAR after I applied for the job). Is this a likely timeline, would I be able to start before this additional clearance is obtained?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

I wouldn't chance it, I would wait until April. A year is not too bad in my opinion, some people wait 2 years

Anyone called off their respective panels for offering? Currently no.3 in Waterford haven't heard of any movement since August when results were issued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

We are currently at the following Order of Merit (OOM) for county: Kerry

Open : 68

Inter-departmental : 28

Advertisement