Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

INSTABID - anyone used them to sell a car?

Options
  • 05-08-2023 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Has anyone used instabid to sell a car? Very little feedback on trustpilot etc so looking for some real world experiences before trying it out! Thanks

Post edited by whiterebel on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

It depends on the type of vehicle your selling. Make, model, age (less than six years), spec, mileage and condition of bodywork are all taken into consideration. A main dealer will not consider any car with even a single small scratch or mark. Generally, the price you will be offered will be far less than the average market value and far less than you might get selling yourself on Done Deal. I am basing these assertions on my own interactions with Autobuy and ZuCar. I have not heard of Instabid before but if all they are doing for the customer is contacting a list of dealerships and finding who offers the best price than I suggest that's something you could do yourself, if you don't want to go to the trouble of advertising the car on Done Deal and trying to sell it privately.

• Company Representative Posts: 6 Verified rep InstaBid

Hi there,

Thank you for your question. InstaBid is an all-new online car-selling platform and is part of the Drive Inc. group of companies (Sweep, TradeBid, Nevo, & InstaBid). We have created InstaBid to be the easier way to sell your car and mediate the hassle and uncertainty of traditional car-selling methods.

---

What types of vehicles sell on InstaBid?

- InstaBid is open to selling vehicles of all types, regardless of year, mileage, and so on. The majority of dealerships are open to buying many different types of vehicles that are in road-worthy condition, so you should not be concerned if your vehicle has minor scratches etc. We work to connect you with a dealership that is looking for a vehicle like yours.

How do I value my vehicle?

- By simply entering your vehicle registration on our website, you will be given an instant valuation. This valuation reflects a fair trade value of your vehicle in the current market. It is important to note that this price is not a retail price, but rather the price that a dealership will be willing to pay for the vehicle, taking into consideration its condition, mileage, and market demand. If you agree to the valuation that we provide, we will then continue to process your vehicle.

How do I upload my vehicle?

- You will have to enter some basic information when uploading your vehicle, this will not take long. InstaBid uses an innovative, automated inspection software called PAVE. This is a digital tool that allows you to take some images of your vehicle. These images will then be processed by PAVE which will use artificial intelligence to spot any blemishes, scratches, or damage to your vehicle, and in turn, creates a condition report on your vehicle. This ensures peace of mind for dealerships when they are viewing your vehicle, allowing them to make an informed decision when buying and maximises the chance of a successful sale.

Who buys my vehicle?

- Once the vehicle is uploaded and processed, it will be offered to our large network of over 1,200 trusted and approved Irish dealerships in a series of online auctions, with the highest offer securing your vehicle. These include both large franchise dealerships and also smaller, independent dealerships from around Ireland. 

How long will it take to sell my vehicle?

- This will vary from vehicle to vehicle, but we actively display your vehicle to over 1,200 dealerships, all on one online platform. Your vehicle will have up to 5, 24-hour auctions to sell. We will be in touch with you all along the way, keeping you updated with email and SMS notifications on the status of the sale.

What happens after my vehicle is sold?

- Upon the successful sale of your vehicle, the dealership will then arrange collection of the vehicle from your home following an in-person inspection. This means that you can sell your vehicle from the convenience of your home, with no ‘tyre kickers’, and no more visiting multiple dealerships to get a trade-in price. Choosing to sell on InstaBid may also result in a quicker sale than traditional methods due to our network of dealerships who are ready and waiting to buy vehicles.

What is the cost of selling my vehicle on InstaBid?

- There is a small €15 fee for selling your vehicle on InstaBid.

---

We encourage you to look at our reviews on Google for some feedback from recent sellers who sold their vehicles with InstaBid. We also actively ask our customers to give their public feedback on Google so that others can learn about our platform.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our dedicated customer success team by visiting the "contact us" page on www.instabid.ie. You can also contact us at support@instabid.ie.

We are happy to help guide you with any queries that you may have.

To find out more about how InstaBid works, you can also visit the "how it works" page on www.instabid.ie.

Thank you,

The InstaBid team.  

😊

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Birka

Has anyone found that the initial offer matches, or comes close to, the final offer? The initial offer seems quite close to retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

"How do I value my vehicle?

- By simply entering your vehicle registration on our website, you will be given an instant valuation."

Not true.

You require the user to provide their personal details before you will value a car.

• Advertisement

Hi there,

We require the user to simply enter their basic details prior to the valuation before we display the valuation. The reason for this is that this allows us to keep the user informed and up to date on the status of the vehicle throughout the sale.

Feel free to reach out to support@instabid.ie if you require any assistance.

Thank you,

The InstaBid team.

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear this. Please reach out to our team at support@instabid.ie directly and we will work to resolve this matter. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Thank you,

The InstaBid team.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

So, you lied when you said that all you have to do is enter your registration, then? You have to register and create an account first, before you can do that?

If you're willing to lie about something as basic as that, then what else are you lying about? Why would anyone use your site if the very first step is all about misleading the customer so you can farm their information?

If I decide not to go through with the sale, what happens to my information?

Not true. Then reason is separate data collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Then you only need details if someone decides to proceed to a sale. In the meantime what happens the data of Name, Email and Phone number? How long is that data held? What other use is made of it besides keeping someone informed of the progress of a sale?

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Thank you for the comment. Please familiarise yourself with InstaBid’s privacy policy which is clearly outlined on our website. This should answer any queries that you have.

If you require any further assistance, feel free to reach out directly at support@instabid.ie.

Kind regards, 

The InstaBid team.

Hi there,

Thank you for the comment. Please familiarise yourself with InstaBid’s privacy policy which is clearly outlined on our website. This should answer any queries that you have.

If you require any further assistance, feel free to reach out directly at support@instabid.ie.

Kind regards, 

The InstaBid team.

Hi there,

Thank you for the comment. It is not our intention to mislead our users in anyway. To discuss this matter further, feel free to reach out directly at support@instabid.ie.

Kind regards, 

The InstaBid team.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Nope, sorry, not gonna happen.

Either answer the question honestly in an open manner like a regular company with nothing to hide, or insist on everything being done behind closed doors, which looks shady as fcuk. Others can make their own mind up about you, but from what you've shown here I think you look dodgy and I wouldn't be dealing with you. A refusal to answer any questions or to engage in conversation with concerned customers only reinforces that belief.

Good luck.

I have to agree. Answer the question rather than telling people to look up the terms or privacy policy on a website.

Just change:

- By simply entering your vehicle registration on our website, you will be given an instant valuation."

To:

- By simply entering your vehicle registration, name, address and telephone number on our website, you will be given an instant valuation."

I see it's easy to get a valuation. Make up a name, address,, phone number and email.

Advertisement