Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 caro131

Did they look for references from employer after that and how long did they give you for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LegallyPending

They emailed the morning after my vetting went through and asked for the statement of employment. I wasn’t given a timeframe, was asked only to submit as soon as possible. I emailed them to let them know that I had requested it and was waiting on my employer and seemed happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pb4

I can't seem to get an email through to clearance email. I keep getting failure to send. I've sent email to info address. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Did you try to copy and paste the email address my first email failed and that worked

That’s great thanks my Garda vetting isn’t back yet so hopefully not long more and then will I have to tell my employer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mattiemattie

I sent it before they asked to speed things up. It in first email says that you can provide before it is requested if you wish

yes seen that i didn’t want to be telling my employer unless I was sure I have a job but guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and ask for it next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2 karenkarenkaren

Error

Post edited by karenkarenkaren on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 karenkarenkaren

I do unfortunately. It is a horrible place to work. They are short staffed and have no training. I'm trying to get out as soon as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MRwayne

My interview is Oct 13 for Dublin.any pointers questions asked ect would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 eyeheartcapybara

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LegallyPending

Look at the competencies and have examples using the STAR method. The interviewer I had was really nice. The biggest thing is to not just say what you did but how you did it, eg if the question is on teamwork don’t just talk about what your team did but what you did to help your team and how you all achieved the outcome you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 acar321

Prepare well, look at the competencies and have an example for every one of them. I used the star method also which was highly recommended. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭furrybones

I know some people who hate it, and some who love it. Don't let anyone else's experience determine or influence yours, you'll find your own way. Yes, they are short staffed, and they've been short staffed for as long as I can remember.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lindahyl

Hi just wondering is there anyone on here from Cork waiting for an update for the revenue office in Cork? All checks done since last week but still no update. Start date was supposed to be mid October

• Registered Users Posts: 29 VolkIreland

I seem to have fallen between the cracks again. 😂 Was told 2 weeks ago there was 8 ahead of me in the Limerick panel but nothing since. 👽️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Does anyone know how the references work - do the HSE contact your referees themselves or do they send you out forms and is the onus on you to do that? I’ve worked in private sector before and employer has always contacted my referees themselves but wondering if public might be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Greek2me.

Could someone explain what the STAR method is please?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭furrybones

The STAR method is a structured response to behavioral-based interview questions by discussing the

Situation

Task

Action and

Result of the situation.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 37 redwhitekopper

As far as I know, they won't contact anyone without your approval and permission. You may have to provide statements of employment, especially for jobs within the past year. Organising this now would be helpful imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭shmeee

The Business Division in Nenagh will be taking on 7-9 new hires very soon. Not sure of numbers for Thurles.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 frances5420

Does anyone known what number the have called for clearance so far on Tipperary panel. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mattiemattie

Hi there,

I have been given position in Revenue in Galway. Info is a bit drip drip. I would email the clearance email to ask for update. They got back pretty quickly to me. Did you get confirmation that Guarda vetting has been completed? Takes approx 7 to 9 working days. I heard about placement 2 days after PAS got my vetting confirmation

did they give you a start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 VolkIreland

Updated with 4 now ahead of me in batch 2 for the clearance process.

Thanks! My old boss actually got in contact with me today and said they'd received a reference request off the HSE and sent the form back to them. I had that referee listed on my original application form, so they must be going off that.

For those who have done garda vetting, what was the wait time for you between posting the initial form and getting an email from Garda Vetting? I posted mine yesterday to the specified HR department so they should have it today. Hoping I get an email soon to complete vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Anyone know what number they’re up to in Sligo or Mayo? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 redwhitekopper

Took three day for acknowledgement of clearance documentation and forms, and another three until I received the eVetting link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lindahyl

Hi yes all Garda vetting etc done, they emailed me on Tuesday to see if I would be interested in normal revenue ( not dealing with the public) instead of group revenue so I said yes. I have a disability, so they then told me they would be back to me in a few weeks because there are 17 in front of me.. so I’m not sure what is going to happen now 🙄 it’s a very drawn out process. Original email said mid oct start date so I’m disappointed

Advertisement