Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couch with netflix. All caught up on gogglebox, just going to hibernate today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

I get where you're coming from, and it wasn't exactly my choice to leave Bad Aussee back in the day, but it was the hand that I was dealt. And in my current position, my economic and personal future looks a lot brighter in Ireland than it does in Austria. My mind often wonders what might have been though...

At Amsterdam now, the first part of the journey is done. Dayum, they really upgraded the KLM Lounge since I was last here! 😮😮

Post edited by thomil on

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

@Boards.ie: Mike, another anomaly, when you quote a post the username will display correctly and it looks normal if I look at my comments.

Looking at the thread it has changed Duvet into Kailyn Yellow Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Right, that's a **** day done in work with some dodgy stuff that was dumped on me so I dumped it right back in a very delicate way. If only I'd learned how to do this years ago.

Also, managed to enjoy several cups of coffee at various meetings and didn't beat myself up that it was a complete waste of time.

My father never ever got paid to sit indoors drinking coffee and talking shite.

• Advertisement

From the lounge to the gate and back again. Flight to Cork is delayed until 22.30 and I only found out when I got to the gate 😤 KLM team at the lounge and I had a good laugh about it when I got back…

I never drink when I travel, my travel nausea is bad enough as it is! Free food, comfortable chairs, fast WiFi and free charging are enough.

Still lounge-side, by the way, tracking the inbound aircraft on Flightradar24. That Embraer 175 is haulin’ some serious a$$, didn’t know those little birds could go that fast…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch...everyone else gone to bed.....watching CNN as McCarthy is removed as House Speaker in America......imagine that, how bloody boring im after becoming, watching news, american news on a Tuesday evening.....

Jesus, I need a life.

Just be glad it's quiet and you can relax on the couch in peace. It's chaos here. 😒

• Advertisement

I’d rather be doing that than sit on an aircraft that’s just had to be returned to the gate because the wheel brakes have an issue, but here we are.

No word on whether we have to get off the aircraft, but they need this bird, or another one at Cork at 6 AM for the early morning flight to Amsterdam…

And there’s the cancellation. Issue not fixable and no replacement aircraft available. Waiting for KLM to get back to us regarding hotels. Currently unable to get off the aircraft due to lack of ground staff…

What a nightmare, I hope you get sorted with a hotel room soon.

Told ya you should have had a drink! 🤪

Oh, how I could use one. Finally got a room. Expensive as f**k and pretty small, but it’s still inside the terminal, so at least I’ll be in the right place in the morning. Now, to get some sleep!💤💤

Good morning from Schiphol airport everyone 🥱🥱

Spent the last five hours or so at an airside capsule hotel, overpriced AF but certainly a unique experience. I've been rebooked on the next flight home, and after a bit of sweet-talking my upgrades got over to. Now to reclaim my hotel costs, get my compensation and anything else I might be entitled to.

Also, where to find some coffee around here...🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

When in Japan do as the Japanese do....

@thomil so KLM didn't take care of your hotel ?

Nope, unfortunately. That aircraft must have been cursed or something. Delayed on every leg that day, and the cancellation happened just before midnight, when most of the airport, including the transfer desks, had shut down for the night. I wasn't expecting Schiphol to be THAT dead at night, but it was. I ended up sleeping in this place:

Anyway, claims have been submitted, at least KLM makes that easy. Now to find a coffee and some breakfast, don't want to mooch around in the KLM Crown Lounge all day 😉

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

😅 yes I remember that now. I’ll take a look into it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's "[Deleted User]" you'll find her here in this thread anyway.

• Advertisement

Back at the KLM Crown Lounge here. Three hours to go until I head to the gate.

Yes, that's all from the same lounge. Also, can we please appreciate that KLM has done the socially responsible thing and found employment for many of R2-D2s less fortunate cousins?

(They're basically a Roomba with several trays for returning glasses and plates at the back)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thought you had to have airport pints if you drank at all!

Not for me, thanks. Apart from the travel nausea I already mentioned, I'm far too fascinated by the goings-on at an airport. I've been an aviation geek all my life, so why would I spoil that experience with drinks.

Except when I'm flying from Dublin. That airport just cannot be endured sober!!!

Speaking of being sober..... working on changing that:)

They have this thing with ladies clubs here, literally $200 to sit and talk to ladies for an hour, these ladies entice you to drink expensive to bloody expensive champagne as they are paid on commission. And apparently everyone keeps their clothes on.

I shall never complain about temple bar again

Porto Bello Bar

Really had to laugh about this

Post edited by smurfjed on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just finishing later lunch than usual at my workplace canteen. Had three classes this morning and another two later this afternoon followed by meeting a dissertation student and then evening art class. 🎨 🖼

Will be exhausted when I get home late this evening! 😴

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Ugh, few extra days off after we smashed it for the summer but I’m sick with a sinus infection 😰

only silver lining is I’ll be off for the weekend as well by the looks of it.

looks like that guinness was scooped out of the jacks 😂

Just been shopping for a few bits and some cleaning stuff. Eighty bucks didn't bring me far. Never mind partying like it's 1999, I would like to shop like it's 1999

Feeling wrecked tired and zero interest in anything. Tired, burned out, bored out, stressed out. Need to get to bed early tonight!

• Advertisement

Going to be sensible and sit on couch a few hours. So fcuking tired of it all.

Advertisement