Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCI Gravel World Championships 2023

Options
  • 04-10-2023 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this belongs in the general race thread, but does anyone know where (if anywhere) the two races this weekend are being televised? I don't see them listed on GCN+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Dan Lloyd said on one of the GCN shows that they are still trying to finalise details but they are hopeful of having live coverage at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

Just to update my own thread here. GCN+ have coverage of the men's race on Sunday, but not the women's race today, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,686 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Women’s isn’t being broadcast at all apparently, which is a shame

Yeah, saw that while looking forward it. Doesn't make much sense

• Advertisement

Watched the men's race. Coverage was very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

Gravel Racing is a bit like Cricket; better to be playing it than watching it. Give me Paris-Tours any day: exciting race and enough gravel to keep it interesting

Maybe I'm in the minority so, but I would have happily watched the full race. The women's race too, for that matter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah coverage was bad. Took a while for me to find it. Eurosport appear to have a Gravel category but not listed when looking at the on demand list. Felt sorry for Florian Vermeersch. Looking doomed to be a nearly man. Strong rider which is probably enough for Gravel but needs to add some sprint to his skillset methinks for the road races.

Advertisement