Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭OEP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭traco

Quick question as clock is ticking down rapidly to Friday. To benefit from all the discounts we have to collect by close of business Friday as they aren't open on Saturday.

All info sumbmitted and completed before lunch yesterday to Finance Ireland but nothing back yet. Should I start making plans to forget them and transfer payment myself to Tesla tomorrow so it has cleared Thursday? If I do that though I cam't see us picking up a 3.9% rate without them.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Maybe try phoning them ?

Did that but didn't really offer anything of help so reckoned I might get some real world stories here. Have notification to make the down payment which is lower than the amount we put in on the Finance Ireland application. The SEAI docs have been emailed for signing.

Its just the rubber stamp from Finance Ireland and confirmation that they will complete transaction for Friday collection.

There's a mobile number you could try... I was getting texts from it both before and after delivery... 086 1800258

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Ten8sixFour

Delivery date is fast approaching and going to bring a bank draft on the day to pay for the car.

Anyone know who the draft should be made out to?

I don't think you should be bringing a draft. You need to send the money by wire transfer to their account IBAN;IE93CITI99005119062007

Make sure to include your RN number in the reference. It should go through in a day if you do it in a branch.

Ok, thanks I wasn’t aware… is that iban ref on their website or where should I be able to find it?

Would prefer not to hand over any money until I have inspected the vehicle.

That unfortunately is not how Tesla do things. You normally don't get a collection appointment until the funds have cleared.

That's the IBAN number above. You can send €1 to it as a test and see it come off the balance due for the car.

Full Details copied from an invoice;...

Bank Name: Citibank Europe PLC

Bank Account Name: Tesla Motors Ireland Ltd.

Account Number: 19062007

IBAN, BIC: IE93CITI99005119062007, CITIIE2X

Sort code, Account: 99-00-51

I have a collection appointment including date/time and haven’t paid anything yet apart from the €250 booking deposit.

The info from Tesla has been fairly lacking in that regard.

Thanks for the advice though 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 FranoTheMano

I am collecting Friday as well. I got a call today from Tesla about payment and a follow-up email setting out how much I owed and also their bank account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

@Ten8sixFour I can appreciate your intention but this will not work. The car will not be registered in your name until payment in full has been received (not unreasonable). You will have to make payment in full and with daily limits on online banking this will need a trip to your Bank. Usually on your online Tesla account there is a payments tab with all the information. Calls from Tesla are purely reminders. Best of luck with it all

Thanks, yes Tesla finally reached out to me and confirmed same….including payment details.

I am on my way to the bank in the morning. Don’t know how I missed this detail in the process. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I guess I am just more used to the ‘traditional’ way of paying on the day after inspection. 👍

Make sure to quote the RN number in the reference for the bank transfer as this is the key for Tesla to allocate it to your Tesla Account. Best of luck.

Just a note on the IBAN, I was emailed a different account number, ending 149 as oppossed to 007. Same Bank, account name, swift and sort code. Now I am searching on my tesla account with the order info in case something is wrong.

All payments i made to Tesla had IBAN ending in 007.. Maybe they have changed thw designated Bank account but certainly worth checking as the last thing anyone needs is payment to go to wromg bank account or get lost given pickup deadlines of 30 Sept.

I have been given an account number ending in 007 but an iban ending in 149?!

Just call them and confirm as thats what I did and its the 149 one for me. Heading to bank for 10am to pay the balance and have an email address to send a copy of the proof of payment once I have sent it.

So went to bank and did the transfer. Paid for urgent and sent copy to the Tesla email address for proof of payment.

Just checked the Tesla account and balance is now zero and collection time of 10:30am on Friday. Guess its a done deal. Still no update from Fianance Ireland but the amount is there as a credit on the Tesla account so looks approved and transferred.

I guess the next piece of info will be the reg number which may be tomorrow at some stage and we can just transfer the insurance over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Should never have paid for urgent. They’d of had it this afternoon or in the morning either way at the latest 😂

Looks like I will be doing my wire transfer tomorrow but I wont be able to pick up my car on Friday 29th unfortunately. Seems like the next available date will be mid Oct.

Tesla telling me 'orders will be unmatched at the end of the month' ... can anyone decode that for me please?

Does making the payment secure the 'match'?

I asked for a call from them so that I can question it but still waiting....

I made the transfer, ticket urgent, but the money is still in my account. AIB had told me that it would be in the Tesla account before close of business today. I have sent on my receipt of transfer but not sure it will be enough.... Will be disappointed now not to collect on Friday if it is the case.

I agree but having not had payments clear when they should have I thought it worth the €25 fee and if there were issues I still had tomorrow to sort them for Friday collection. I've been setting up charging apps and maps etc also over the last few days so feels like the home straight now with just the insurance and prep for the inspection at handover.

Roll on Friday!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Looks like my Tesla journey is coming to an end, only so much sh*t customer service I will put up with. Currently have an M3 & MY so well used to the Tesla way of things

Had an M3P on order and delivery date of today. Got notification last week my order had been cancelled, car popped into inventory again and put a deposit on it at a slightly cheaper price, so no harm done. Enquired why the original order had been cancelled & was told I cancelled (I didn’t), which then changed to because of no communication - so making a delivery appointment & emails with their delivery team about when I was making payment apparently are now not considered contact 😐️ Then it changed to I was cancelled as I had a history of cancelling cars - ah yes that would be the infamous fire sale where you cancelled on me? What about the 2 cars I’ve bought this year - silence then.

anyhow, on to the “new” order - you’ve sent me 3 different invoices, all incorrect, can you send me the right one & I’ll pay straight away and can I please keep the same delivery slot this week? No reply. Leave it a day, still no reply. Today supposed to be my original delivery date, still not a peep from them. Get onto online chat.

Sorry, we don’t have a car for you - no M3P available. But I’ve been allocated a vin?! We’ll get Dublin site manager to call you immediately to try & resolve. No call

Great cars, shame about the customer service

congrats & good luck to all collecting tomorrow...please let us know your experiences.

Unfortunately I am not collecting tomorrow...hopefully mid-Oct!

Got a text with the reg number and Mrs Traco loves the number. Have to say I like it also.

An email finally arrived around lunchtime for the signing of the finance contract. That's the first proper communication from them since submitting everything on Monday before lunch.

Will do a full post on the purchase and collection experience when it's all done and dusted as it may help others understand the current process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 the____fonz

Ordered from existing inventory was told by the app expect delivery before 15 Oct. I was like savage sold my car sunday last at a discount price to get the cash quick. Now they tell me my vin doesn't have a car or something and now the app is say delivery Jan Feb. I meant what is happening I have no car to get to work as I was going to deal with it until Oct 15. Rang Manchester and he was like wait for a car or cancel your order.

So stressful I don't know what to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 banjoplayernew

Was it a Model Y ?

Advertisement