Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband switch deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Question about switching Broadband providrs. I am with VM and got Vodafone installed yesterday but VM is still working.

Do they not inform each other that they are taking over the broadband or do I have to inform VM that i am swapping over? I am out of contract with VM for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I was out of contract with Vodafone when switching to Sky but still had to ring them to cancel - you are meant to give notice to your provider even when out of contract, for me they just cancelled at the end of my next billing period which was only a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭chonix

Ring them. Even if it's the "same" thing under the hood; they ask for customer/account number; but they don't do s**te.

Usualy they give you a cooldown period before cancelling 100% as mentioned in the comment above.

Dont' they want your money? I mean.... what a joke. If they can't install it they should tell you "hey, no way we can install this" then refund money so you can move on.

False promises everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gijoees

Hi,

I have been back and forth with

Vodafone for my house broadband to change name as my house mate is moving out. The email address is sending me to the Vodafone store and vice versa and it has proven to be a difficult process.

Any ideas or what is the best approach? I have considered cancelling completely but there is an exit fee of €250 which I am definitely not paying. 

Thanks in advance and if there is a forum already available to discuss this, I would greatly appreciate been pointed in the direction.

• Advertisement

Called VM to cancel and they gave me a 50 a month deal on 1GB for 12M after having Vodafone installed !

Why didnt they give me that deal last week or week before when I called them ! Anyway stuck with Vodafone as seems faster etc at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

U need to get onto CC

and the loyalty team fir a start

• Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭Nollog

VM wouldn't know as you didnt tell them you wanted to move away to a different company.

Also im assuming VM is Virgin media, so a completely different physical network.

Are you within the 2 week cooling off period?

I told them twice and their offers were terrible until yesterdays call.

So you have to keep ringing until you get a good offer? damn it, didn't know that. Now I'll call back on Monday

Is there a 2 week cooling off period? thought it was a month (I mean, once contract expires)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Signed up to sky broadband and had the engineer out this morning to install the cable. Turns out there is no ducting from the cabinet on the street to my house. Give you can example, there is 4 houses on the map, but only 3 ducting pipes.

To my shock there is nothing more he can do, call sky cancel the switch and tough luck!!. I'm living in a large estate in West Dublin. Need to call virgin media and negotiate hard to get the best possible deal without them knowing I had no other supplier to choose from. Anything other 104 a month will be a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Signed up to sky broadband and had the engineer out this morning to install the cable. Turns out there is no ducting from the cabinet on the street to my house. Give you can example, there is 4 houses on the map, but only 3 ducting pipes.

To my shock there is nothing more he can do, call sky cancel the switch and tough luck!!. I'm living in a large estate in West Dublin. Need to call virgin media and negotiate hard to get the best possible deal without them knowing I had no other supplier to choose from. Anything other 104 a month will be a bonus.

What a country 🙄

way behind most of Europe

even developing Europe

was up a mountain area in 🇷🇴 wayyy back and their internet 🛜 was much better than mine in Cork city at the time

Our FTTH rollout has been pretty good imo.

We're lucky that Vodafone and ESB saw the money to be made, openEir would've dragged their heels staying on VDSL forever. Competition must be nice.

Someone ringed me from VM yesterday regarding my second cancellation in a month. They gave me a pretty good deal. Even better than new customer's for a small margin. But it's a good deal. This is what they should've done from the beginning.

Was on with eir 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄I know

but bobs are calling me back

today and tomorrow in Wilton sc (eir shop) e100 credit to sign up for BB

spent 30 minutes on with vf and they can’t match eir prices at all

eir are offering e100 credit

sim free unlimited calls/ data etc

and 500 mb broadband

no activation fee ( 24 months contract)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

First ever outage in household in five years after moving to virgin ! Vodafone was slow but stable

Id plenty with VF in Carrigaline tbh

normally only a few hours

Up here in Donegal when I had Vodafone (siro) they had PPPoE (how your router logs in to their network for internet) server problems at least once every 3 months, which meant internet went down randomly for about 6 hours usually at night. Nobody at Vodafone seemed to care about it.

Parts of the country are black spots and too much bother for them to fix it

even in silver springs

built up estate in Cork City

no internet to be had last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just off the phone with vodafone cancelling my contract didnt even try to persuade me to stay with them.

In the broken english i half understood to return the router etc to my local vodafone store last time i posted them back fairly sure i can still do that not driving an hour and bit just to save them a few euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I took that offer and I got a shock on my first bill!

They charged an extra month in advance so two months plus administration fees!

Total first bill was over €200 even with the so called €100 off

Did u get sorted?

that sounds mad

i went over everything with the manager in Wilton sc eir shop

got a print out etc

told him in no uncertain terms I’d be back to give him a hard time if there’s any shitehousery

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Tempted to leave Virgin and switch over to Three and avail of their 6 months free, 39 eur after 5G Gold. Is their ZTE MC7010 coverage any good? I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Rang Eir today re: BB coming to an end with Vodafone, was paying 50 with VF (1 GB Fibre) and it's up in a couple of weeks, called VF and was informed that the current deal would be rising to 62.99 p/m.

Had looked about on some switching websites and even Eir's own site was offering 1 GB for 44.99 but for 24 months, Called 1901 and got the 1 GB for 44.99 for 12 months and also an Apple TV box for the 12 months at no extra cost and finally a 100 euro credit applied to the account, so that's 2 months fully paid and 10 off of the 3rd, there was no haggling done on this, this was the offer that the agent said they were currently running on the 1 GB plan.

I personally have seen no mention of a 100 euro credit on any of the switching website offers nor the free Apple TV box.

e100 credit was running last week when I signed up

this was confirmed online and in store in Wilton sc ( eir shop)

also hand written and copied on my contract copy

i got the 24 months contract which meant no e150 activation fee

this is a charge for the 12 months contract .

i didn’t get offered the 1 gb but 500 mb

mine works out with sim free 30 day rolling contract 5G all u can eat data/ minutes to all networks

e50 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Rang Sky as contract coming to an end and 500MB going from €30 to €60 - lowest loyalty would go to was €45 would not match Eir €34.99 deal - time to switch.

crazy how this game happens every year ie switch from provider to provider

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jos22

bigger pain now that they brought in Annual Price increases, come april you bill will be jacked up, need to try and sort out contracts to renew around that month to avoid be screwed over.

this Year I Renewed with Vodafone in Feb for 30 euro down from 35 the year before, come april it jumped to 43euro, complained and they reverted it back to 30 for the rest of year.

Friend contacted them in Sep. they said 40Euo only offer and April it would increase to 45 50 depending on API

told them Sky offering the same package for 30, said 40 only price they had to offer

Yeah I found vf not budging atall

until I told them I was signing up with eir in an hour unless they gave me a better offer

never came

and I was with them years

plus paying for 2 sim free phone contracts monthly aswell

saving e20 per month with eir

plus unlimited calls data texts etc

and 5G

speed tested eir last night in town( Cork)

past 600 mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Adding in had to play hard ball with VM.

A week or two after requesting cancellation they offered 12 months for €50. (500Mb, Middle TV Package, Home Phone with Intl Package).

Advertisement