Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What is it with girls and bare midriff tops? This country is too fcukin cold most of the time for that shìt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The lad next me cracks his knuckles daily 😫😒

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve been sitting here waiting for a delivery , when I get an email asking me to rate yodels delivery . Lazy hoor didn’t even knock on the door

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

I'm TA'd at myself. I'm forever trying to curb the pet collecting excesses of husband and the offspring. We have more than enough dogs to feed, a cat and numerous hens.

But a little feral kitten has taken up semi residence in an outbuilding so now the offspring is feeding it and trying to tame the wee scrap. And of course me, NO MORE PETS me, is poaching chicken and fish for it and fretting over it getting cold at night although offspring has made it a box lined with vetbed to kip in.

It's causing havoc. Yesterday the bolshy chickens got the poor thing trapped behind the oil tank.

Our cat is stalking about with his tail bushed out in a state of high dudgeon over the sheer effrontery of the userper, and SmallFatDog is certain something's afoot and is just waiting for the opportunity to totally lose its shït.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can never have too many (provided you've room and can look after them properly). 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

Honestly, they're all treated like royalty ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

further on from whisky_galores post…..What I find absolutely weird and a TA it’s that weird is the number of lads, with big warm winter puffer jackets….worn with shorts, like this….WHY ? Wtf is that about you absolute imbeciles….why the thundering fûck balls do you want to be warm and toasty from the waist up, but freezing from the waist down ? What sense does that make ? 🚑🤹🏽‍♂️🎪 it’s like somebody scrambled your intestines and replaced your brain with them .. if it’s cold enough for that jacket, it’s cold enough to be wearing jeans / trousers / track bottoms…or something on your legs… weirdos.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Where have the veggie burgers gone?. I mean the old style ones covered in breadcrumbs they came in finger style too. I don't want kale and quinoa, I want some beige easy to eat mush..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Kale can just fcuk off. It's certainly a less sh1t version of cabbage but it still tastes like muck. Wouldn't touch it if you paid me (depending on how much of course).

Ads for things that are "award winning" but don't specify what awards, if any, they have won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

How else are we to know they're self-appointed hardchaws? A separate group to the skangers who favour the grey tracksuit.

My TA is I'm exhausted for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Modern Poets - especially when they try and pretend it has some form of mystic.

But the vast majority just seem like chancers with a mouth on them, and a long neck. Their poetry is only as good as the community that lauds them IMO.

Annoying.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Don't get me started on "Product of the Year"...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A local business that I have had nothing but positive experiences with is being targeted on social media by a disgruntled customer. This is a small, owner run business and admittedly they made a serious mistake due to human error, which they admitted and apologised for, and this person has reason to be very upset and angry, but they are waging an online campaign across social media groups, have doxxed the owner and even has posted in American groups who are now writing google reviews and sending them hate mail. The owner has had to take down their social media pages and website. I feel sorry for what happened to the customer but I can’t imagine what the business owner is going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm TA that this post makes my nose hurt so bad 😂

A TA & TH….

id a free day lined up tomorrow but got an SMS from my GP, reminding me I’m to get my covid booster & flu jab tomorrow…. 🙈😵 at 9.20….that’s the TA, the TH is that I’d forgotten about it so glad of them reminding me…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TH is you reminded me to get my booster and flu jab

TA… yes ANOTHER one… 😅

i decided to treat myself to a new pair of converse….

online retailer #1 : are only stocking an imitation rip off brand, strange as they are a notable sportswear and footwear shop and got them there before. Not that I was tempted but they look pure shïte.

online retailer #2 : are not stocking them at all.

online retailer #3 : are stocking about 35 styles, colours and types of converse, happy days i says to myself, but of the 4 styles / colours im liking, none of the 4 have my size….. which is a very common size… fur ducks take !

• Advertisement

My major annoyance (not major in the grand scheme of things, but still...) is people (esp. a certain type of man) who tell you that decisions and choices that you've made that concern you are stupid because they don't like them (e.g. not drinking, not being on certain social media, whatever). F*ck right off. You'll find that I'm in charge of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i'm constantly getting those charity stickers in the door

the cheap gits dont even give you free bags any more

i've had 2 identical ones in the last week for Chernobyl Aid Ireland

Chernobyl!!

they say the money raised will go towards orphanages

how many chernobyl orphans are still in orphanages?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Came into the office through sh!t weather and absolutely horrendous traffic and there's no-one else here. Waste of time. Sure there's no point being in the office if there's nobody else in it to see you there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

In fairness, they're right about the 'not drinking' thing. You need to hydrate...😉

My main annoyance at the moment in my neighbour from 3 doors up who puts stuff in my bins. I wouldn't be that bothered if she put the stuff in the right bins but the latest thing was a plastic-y sports bag stuffed with cardboard, a few other plastic bits and huge bone (!)...all into my compostable bin.

My problem is that I don't like confrontation so I haven't said anything to her yet, but I did put a passive-aggressive sticker on my bin stating "Compostable stuff only!!, with the writing facing the direction she comes from. 😏😄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

We literally had that conversation in the office on Monday. If the corporate line is that we NEED to be in the office for better "networking" and "communication" but you're the only one there, wtf does that achieve? Who would even know if we had just stayed at home that day?

TA is new neighbours moving in. We've had a wonderful peaceful summer after the previous basketball loving neighbours moved out. I'm not looking forward to the new kids.

Call her out on it (preferably in front of other neighbours) and get locks for your bins. Confrontation is remarkably good for the soul!

The weather is not TA, my hair already looks like I was dragged through a ditch, and that's with a good raincoat.

The problem with a raincoat when it's this mild is that you just steam under it. You can't win.

Yep, sweat in a raincoat or fight with an umbrella that wants to turn itself inside out. It would be easier to just shave my hair off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Did that recently. Frustrating. We have one day where we all go in and a second day where we’re supposed to be in but it’s more fluid. Best to have a pre-arranged signal for those type of days.

• Advertisement

Wednesday is our core day but the second day is up to each individual and we're a small company so you can easily end up alone on whatever day you do pick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement