Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Eat partial-refund

Options
  • 02-10-2023 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi guys,

So the wife ordered just eat the other day. Waited two hours and the food never came. Contacted the restaurant and they said contact just eat. Contact just eat but its a purely automated service.

In any case food never arrived, never got a call from the restaurant or driver, no idea what happened to the food or if it was even made. Just eat email back offering a partial refund and store credit to make up the difference.

Has anyone else ran into this? Surely if you pay for a product/service and you don't get it you're entitled to a full refund.

Thoughts anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

Tell them you want a full refund or you'll contact the media, such as Conor Pope of the Irish Times - pricewatch@irishtimes.com and pricewatch@rte.ie (Ray D'Arcy Show) or contact your bank and ask for a charge back. What might also work is if you give the takeaway a negative review online they might refund you or get Just Eat to refund you the full amount.

Post edited by Dr Karl on

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mendoza

Seems like those last ones are the only options. Wife said they wont give full refund as they already credited her just eat account.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I used to do a bit with the takeaways. By ordering from Justeat, you are cutting out the takeaway. JE will make it hard to contact them so you will go away.

JE systems show the food was picked up. Nothing to do with the shop so why did you ring them. JE charge the food place a big chunk of commission, so make them credit you back for what you paid for.

It is best to just order directly from the shop.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.justeat.co.uk?page=144

I called the restaurant because I thought they might know what the driver at. So I take it the driver is just eat.

Anyway they gave €9.90 in credit. What is mad is the email says "You will need to add this credit to your Just Eat account within 30 days using the following code." I can imagine many people not doing that.

Anyway I'm not redeeming it as I feel like that would be me accepting their nonsense.

I also find it mad that they can't remove the credited amount that I didn't consent to, but that that same credit will disappear into the ether come 30 days.

As I said, they make it difficult to contact them and hope you will go away Same goes with their policies. Can you do a CC chargeback maybe?

• Advertisement

Possibly, I'm just gonna see if they're chancing their arm. Otherwise I'll have to. It's the principle of it at this point.

Absolutely. I saw what went on and they are bleeding the shops dry.

Advertisement