Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Púca Festival 2023

Options
  • 05-10-2023 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

https://pucafestival.com/

Has anyone been to this before? I thought it sounded decent - Macy Gray, Hothouse Flowers, The Waterboys, The Charlatans, and Damien Dempsey among others, but I couldn't find anything about tickets on the site, so I went looking, and all of the acts are individual concerts. Which I guess in some ways may be good, but a lot of ways for me, seems bad.

I had to go to the Ticketmaster site to find information which forwarded me to the universe site. There are a couple of comedy acts, but sold out it would seem.

Coaches are for Drogheda, Kells, Mullingar and Dublin City Centre. I would have thought it a good idea to include North County Dublin on the coach list, as to me it would make sense unless many plan to drink and drive.

No mention of the price of Macy Gray tickets on that site either, but just looking at the top 2 headline acts Sat - Mon it would cost close to an EP ticket if not more, and you don't get to see any other acts. The accommodation is the likes of Tankard house which is another expense, or use the coaches, which there is no mention of whether or not they cost anything either (I would expect to pay), and it is not a great option to be up and down or down and up. This seems to be a bit of a mess and has put me of a little from going. I guess it is probably more for locals or those that are relatively local.

I am hoping that somebody from outside Meath could shed some light on it if they have gone before and how it fared out for them after accommodation costs and tickets, if any events crossed over or anything else that they think would be worth knowing about.

27th October. Line-Up

Jack Lukeman - Castle Arch, Trim (€30.00 + €3.98 fees, including taxes)

MacFleetwood - Darnley Lodge Hotel, Athboy (€27.00 + €3.74 fees, including taxes)

Niall ‘Bressie’ Breslin - Where is My Mind? Live - Trim Castle Hotel Live Podcast (€25.00 + €3.58 fees, including taxes)

28th October Line-Up

The Charlatans - Púca Big Top - Trim(€50.00 + €5.58 fees, including taxes)

Macy Gray - Knightsbrook Hotel, Trim - Goes on sale - Jul 7th 10:00 AM IST

Sharon Shannon - Darnley Lodge Hotel, Athboy(€30.00 + €3.98 fees, including taxes)

The High Kings - Trim Castle Hotel, Trim(€30.00 + €3.98 fees, including taxes)

Samhain Circus (Over 18s) - Fairgreen, Athboy(€20.00 + €3.18 fees, including taxes)

Hill of Ward Tour - Explore the origins of Halloween at Tlachtga (The Hill of Ward)(€22.00 + €3.34 fees, including taxes)

Beyond The Veil - A Púca Trail - Join us for an eerie walk in Trim Porchfields(€15.00 + €2.78 fees, including taxes)

Foraging and herbology walks at Tlachtga - Athboy(€22.00 + €3.34 fees, including taxes)

Sorcas na Samhna - Fairgreen Athboy(€55.00 + €5.98 fees, including taxes)

Hill of Ward Archaeology Tour with Dr. Stephen Davis - 11:00 AM - Athboy (€22.00 + €3.34 fees, including taxes)

29th October Line-Up

Bingo Loco - Púca Big Top - Trim (€37.50 + €4.58 fees, including taxes)

Hot House Flowers - Darnley Lodge Hotel, Athboy(€30.00 + €3.98 fees, including taxes)

Davina Devine and Friends - Brogans Bar, Trim(€20.00 + €3.18 fees, including taxes)

Samhain Circus (Over 18's) - Fairgreen, Athboy(€20.00 + €3.18 fees, including taxes)

Hill of Ward Tour - Explore the origins of Halloween at Tlachtga (The Hill of Ward), Athboy, Co. Meath(€22.00 + €3.34 fees, including taxes)

Beyond The Veil - A Púca Trail - Join us for an eerie walk in Trim Porchfields, Trim, Co. Meath(€15.00 + €2.78 fees, including taxes)

Foraging and herbology walks at Tlachtga, Athboy, Co. Meath(€22.00 + €3.34 fees, including taxes)

Sorcas na Samhna - Fairgreen, Athboy, Co. Meath(€16.00 + €2.86 fees, including taxes)

Breachadh an Lae The dawning of the day, A morning meditation - 8:00 AM - Hill of Ward - Athboy (€20.00 + €3.18 fees, including taxes) 

Ag shíneadh go dtí na shínsir - Reaching to the Ancestors - 11:00 AM - Hill of Ward - Athboy (€20.00 + €3.18 fees, including taxes) 

Circus Workshop - 12:00 PM - Circus Tent Athboy - (€5.00 + €1.98 fees, including taxes)

Creepy Céilí - Doors 1:30 PM - Trim Castle Hotel, Trim (€5.00 + fees General Admission, €10 + fees Family Ticket)

30th October Line-Up

The Waterboys & Damien Dempsey - Puca Big Top, Trim (€50.00 + €5.58 fees, including taxes)

Remembering Joe Dolan 15th Anniversary - Darnley Lodge Hotel, Athboy (€30.00 + €3.98 fees, including taxes)

Samhain Circus (over 18`s) - Fairgreen, Athboy, Co. Meath (€20.00 + €3.18 fees, including taxes)

Hill of Ward Tour - Explore the origins of Halloween at Tlachtga (The Hill of Ward), Athboy, Co. Meath (€22.00 + €3.34 fees, including taxes)

Beyond The Veil - A Púca Trail - Join us for an eerie walk in Trim Porchfields, Trim, Co. Meath (€15.00 + €2.78 fees, including taxes)

Foraging and herbology walks at Tlachtga - Athboy, Co.Meath (€22.00 + €3.34 fees, including taxes)

Sorcas na Samhna - Fairgreen, Athboy, Co. Meath, Ireland (€16.00 + €2.86 fees, including taxes)

Divining with Gerry Cremin - 3:00 PM - Fairgreen, Athboy

Breachadh an Lae The dawning of the day, A morning meditation - 8:00 AM - Hill of Ward - Athboy (€20.00 + €3.18 fees, including taxes) 

Dairmuid Lyng Wild Irish Retreats - 11:00 AM - Hill of Ward - Athboy (€20.00 + €3.18 fees, including taxes) 

Circus Workshop - 12:00 PM - Circus Tent Athboy (€5.00 + €1.98 fees, including taxes)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Macy Gray in the Knightsbrook Hotel in Trim. I picture her having a moment in that dressing room, looking at herself in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A bit of a rip off if you ask me, not really a festival when you have to go to different towns for gigs and the festivals I work anyway the ticket covers all of the acts and camping, very pricey even for some of the lesser known acts as well.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Enter Username Here

Yeah I think we have decided to give this a miss. I think some better organisation could make it more appealing. I think it is fairly pricey even if I was living locally, but with all the additional charges it makes it not worth it.

If they had made some sort of agreement with accommodation it may be a bit more appealing, but the prices I have checked online seem to have gone up rather than down for what I imagine would normally be a fairly quiet time of the year for them. The last coaches are at 11pm, which is not great at all imho.

Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement