Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gen V

• 28-09-2023 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't see a thread on this one?

Spin off from the boys out tomorrow getting very good reviews 98 percent on rotten tomatoes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched the first episode on Prime. Fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

First episode was a riot....the part at the end showing this "semester" insane! Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Can't wait to watch this, have a few days off from tomorrow, will start then.

Fecking love ' The Boys '

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Homelander

Watched the first three episodes. It's surprisingly good, much better than I had expected it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Really enjoyed the first episode. Got that crazy feel of the boys with lots of good action. Looking forward to this series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Watched the first episode and just absolute quality, instantly invested with great characters and performances with the usual Boys craziness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Good so far, similar to the boys, not a high school show aimed at teenagers. Plenty of gore and gross out bits. I guess it will stay small scale with the boys being the main show with a small amount of cross over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

agreed with this, and was about to type the same. I watched episode 2 & 3... and it gets better each episode.

How many episodes will there be in total?

8 in total for this series/season hopefully it is renewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No crossovers please and hopefully not. Have nit Seen "The Boys" show at all. No intention too either. Just too much to watch.

This show is definitely very adult and not for the timid do.

Like they would have got away with your one on his dick yuck just gross in a straight to T.V show.

I would have ran if I were her. Can not believe she actually went through with it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

It’s the same universe, the superheroes are all perverted nutters, the normal ones being the exception. The idea being that having these types of powers will mentally mess with you. This will probably go into that as they enter adulthood.

The boys is worth watching for homelander alone, the actor is great.

If you like Antony Starr, I highly recommend Banshee, fantastic show and he's just as good.

Yes, watched it when it aired. Massively underrated. Didn’t recognise him from it. Also the beautiful Lili Simmons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Sorry for derailing but 'Warrior' is also excellent if you enjoyed Banshee. Hoon Lee appearing in both shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Another great episode this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Loving this. It's not as good as 'the boys ' for sure. But will definitely enjoy it.

Ms

Just finished watching the 4th episode. It was very good but some of the cgi, editing and directing in this episode especially in that end scene could have been much better.

Cocksplosion do lol. I laughed so hard at that scene lol. I take it he bleed out and died as we never say him again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Episode 5 is another slam dunk.. Excellent stuff this...

A spin off of The Boys about teen/ earlier 20's supes has no right to be this good.

• Advertisement

Absolutely bonkers.

I actually think I prefer this to the boys which got a bit stale maybe...it is absolutely bat sh1t crazy! Really interested to see where it goes.

The latest episode was fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Acosta

Yeah, it was. And it looks to be setting up some things for the return of The Boys too.

Great song choice at the end, plus agree great episode.

Have to agree with everyone absolutely class episode this week, really hit it's stride!

Ms

Latest episode brilliant again.

I must say right from episode one there has been some absolutely crazy fory stuff if this show nut the one which I will never be able to get out of my mind is your man's Penis exploding lol. Who came up with that?

Is that it for now so or is there more episodes this season? Delighted that it has been renewed.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

One more to come this season, there was a preview at end of episode 7 like every week.

Ms

Awe cool. I never watch the previews did not know but woukd not watch anyway.

Cate really gone crazy. I was thinking after she slit your ones neck she is dead no one can stop that and then oh ye her but she did not because Cate stopped her.

I love how this show has no problem killing off its characters we lost 2 this episode and 1 in the first as well as at least two inbetween. It must nearly be an average of 1 a week is it?

By the way the head explosion had nothing on the dick one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Thoughts on new episode?

I'm not crazy about the Neuman character.

Yeah still don't know what her endgame is. She is obviously aiming for the white House but is it for Supes to be in control or another agenda. I can see that virus be main story point in next Season of The Boys. She will probably get a vaccine made for it first and then either use it to assassinate certain Supes (Homelander) or release it and then be the Hero who saves people with The Vaccine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Is there another season of Gen V planned? It was a very enjoyable season with a tight plot, good characters, and some nice showpiece moments. It just felt very "done" at the end. The virus story could easily fit in to The Boys so where does that leave Gen V?

Also... never EVER confirm that you're the only person that can recreate the dooms-machine as you hand it over to someone in a dark basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Mormegil

It just felt very "done" at the end.

Has Episode 8 been released?

• Advertisement

Oh there's another episode to come. That felt like the finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well now that was a brilliant season and that ending I’m guessing sets up The Boys next season which hopefully arrives soon.

Fantastic finale. Hard to see how season 2 can be about God U. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here. The next season of The Boys might fix things up a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Really was a fantastic season, very interested to see where things go from here. I didn't expect it to be this good but it seems anything The Boys related is top notch

Excellent last episode and a really enjoyable season that got better and better as it went on.

Interesting to see how the new series is the boys intertwines.

I am guessing season 2 of gen v will

Focus on them trying to escape from new facility they are in, I would say a good chance Marie's sister will pop up in it too, I am going to guess she has similar powers maybe she is even in the same place. Is the place they are in the same one Queen Maeve was in possibly?

I'd think Cate and Sam nailed on to be in the boys too. Nice little pop up of Billy and his usual language at the end lol

• Advertisement

Completely unexpectedly brilliant season and i loved the ending. Bring on the next season of The Boys and Gen V.

Ms

That was an OK episode but I think the episode before would have made for a better final episode and then this would have made for a great first episode of Season 2.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 4 of The Boys will be set a couple of days after the events of the Gen V season finale mid credit scene.

At what point in “The Boys” timeline does the mid-credits scene with Butcher take place?

Kripke: In our minds, it’s only a couple of days after whatever the events are of “Gen V.” We try to keep the timeline super simple because all that folding-in-on-itself timeline stuff that I think other comic book universes find themselves having to do is just bewildering for me as a viewer. So it’s all very modular. It’s like there’s Season 3 of “The Boys,” and then after that “Gen V” takes place, and then after that “The Boys” Season 4 takes place. And then after that, “Gen V” Season 2 takes place. It’s all more like cars on a train than it is a plate of spaghetti.

I half agree. I (obviously given my last few posts) thought episode 7 was the finale, and a great one at that, so this felt simultaneously tacked on but also perfect at the same time. The powers on display were great, the panic of the various humans, the arrogance of some (the PR guy in particular). Marie coming in to her own with her powers was class... blood vision, blood knives, blood/arm popping... so good. The cameo at the end was a perfect note to end on and doubles down on it with Kate and Sam being the heroes while the others are trapped. It's anyone's guess where they go from here now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It was passable nothing more.

I just realised Luke Riordan / Golden Boy, Sam's older brother is Arnold Schwarzenegger's kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Homelander

One thing I really liked about Gen V is that a lot happened in the first season, the plot was continously moving forward and the pace was terrific.

Nothing in it comes close to the greatness that is Homelander/Antony Starr in virtually every single scene he's in, in The Boys, but as a whole it was extremely decent.

I also am very happy that we'll now likely get alternating Gen V and The Boys. The Walking Dead did similar with TWD and FTWD, but not only were they not connected, TWD was utter dry-milked manure towards the end and FTWD started going the same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Just finished this.

Not as good as The Boys, but still very enjoyable and well worth a watch!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I watched the first episode earlier. I was expecting it to be more of a college campus comedy and that it would be the same powers on display as in THE BOYS.

it was great stuff though, and with new superpowers too, or at least one ls that I’ve never seen before. And the sinister Woods has me intrigued.

And a very likeable cast of actors. I like that that Marie wants to be a real hero, not a celebrity.

I hoping they explain the powers of the guy/girl - how was he/she a match for a such a powerful super.

• Advertisement
Advertisement