Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Chilblains 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The thread title "Dangerous dogs owners" in CA/IMO irks me no end. It's technically grammatically correct but every time I see it I wish someone would change it to "Owners of dangerous dogs".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Itchy, sore, swollen and burning. And if they're bad enough they can deform the area they hit. A curse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you go to fix something small in work and you open a can of **** worms.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Ah, but you see if it was a case that the owners were the dangerous ones then to me the title that makes the most sense from a copywriting perspective would be "Dangerous dog owners"!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When you submit some work for review, a person comes back saying there's something wrong and you panic. You go back through all your work trying to figure out where the mistake is, tracing every step, only for the person to come back to you at a later date, saying the work was actually perfect and the mistake was on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

How about "shìtty owners of dogs", given that the owners are largely to blame for their dog being dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Greeted by a passive aggressive note left on the door of someone on my route this morning: 'Please don't drive on my grass postman, thanks'.

Person in question lives down a narrow driveway in a sort of 'off grid' house, with barely enough room to fit two cars. He had parked a second car in the spot I usually do my three-point turn in, which meant I was severly impeded, and in the wet weather it was just a bit more awkward than usual. My rearcam and sensor was going ninety- I had to go slightly on the grass (which has no kerb) when maneouvering around otherwise I would have been dangerously close to dinging one of the cars. A tyre mark is a lot more preferable than a scratch.

So a) his parking didn't help the situation. And b) I wouldn't have even been up there at all only I had to deliver HIS parcel.

Sometimes I feel like we are doing people a dis-service by doing our job.

And then, after seething inside all morning at the note, right towards the end of the day, I got bitten by a dog. Great. (barely a scratch thankfully).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I trained my replacement when I was moved out of a job I enjoyed, he's been in the post for almost 2 years now and still asks me questions daily. I've raised issues I've seen with him to his line managers who have stuck their heads in the sand about the situation and allowed things to fester. I was helping out a little when I could but I've decided to bite my tongue and take a step back because things aren't improving and apparently our management are happy to just let things go to sh1t when they know I'll jump in and save it when it gets too bad.

So I now have to sit and hold my rant in and watch the reputation I had built up over the past 10 years just go to the dogs because of an incompetent colleague who is destroying all my hard work. It might be the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Getting the 'Vanilla Bad Gateway' too frequently on this site, its driving me nuts at times.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Boards is like a gateway drug to tik tok or facebook

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bad, bad gateway! Go to your room and think about what you've done!

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The bus turns up 20 minutes late and is trundling VERY slowly up the Drumcondra Road. Also my AirPods are as dead as a doornail and I don’t have my charger cable.

Also, what’s the deals with loads of fellas in their 20’s these days going around with dodgy mullets and moustaches?? When combined with cheap looking glasses it makes them look like a creepy sex offender.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

There's an overtaking lane on a road I travel on that lasts IDK a few hundred meters before it merges back. I go into it because there's a car driving pretty slow two cars ahead of me. Of course the car directly in front indicates at the last minute and does the same thing. They then proceed to drive barely faster than the car they overtook. I'm thinking "hurry the **** up hurry the **** up hurry the **** up" because there's a strong possibility I will crash head-on with a car travelling in the opposite direction if they don't. I barely make it back into the lane in time.

There was a driver one time who was driving at the exact same speed as the car beside him for what must've been at least five minutes even though his lane is supposed to be an overtaking lane used to overtake slower cars. I was driving behind him - not tailgating - wondering why the **** he wasn't making any effort to pass the other car and indicate to let me pass. I reiterate again that I wasn't driving at an unreasonable speed, I doubt I was even at the speed limit. Finally I got fed up and managed to squeeze between the two cars and use the "slow lane" to overtake the dickhead who was trying to wind me up for no reason. He proceeds to finally start showing some urgency, driving faster all of a sudden and attempting to chase me. I could see him going absolutely apeshit. Eventually he made his turn off and I could see him doing the whole jazz hands routine. "Why I oughtta!"

Not sure which is more annoying. Someone almost getting an other person killed because they're so ignorant and oblivious of their surroundings, or someone who hogs the overtaking lane and drives in tandem with the car next to them to wind someone up before flying into a rage once they get outsmarted.

They just need to bring back flares and bad glasses and we're back to this style. Doesn't bear thinking.

What the hell is wrong with some men? Zip yourself up INSIDE the toilets, not on a train platform, for fcuk sake! I can put good money on the fact that the idea of washing his hands never crossed his mind, either. Ugh.

Literally fighting to keep my eyes open on the couch for the past two hours, but you better believe I'm going to be staring disconsolately at the ceiling at about 4am.

I love the fact that that post ^^^ was thanked by itwasntme. 😁😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Posted an advert "Wanted - driver's side headlight" and included a photo of my car in which only the driver's side & its headlight was visible.

Got a response - "I have one. It'll be €x".

Sent the funds.

Got reply this morning - "Will post it this afternoon. Just to be sure, it was a passenger's side headlight wasn't it?"

Only saw the message an hour ago so am hoping he hasn't posted it in the meantime.

FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tried to post, lost the damn thing, wanted to post about the crappy gateway errors and that is what lost me the post.. Bollocks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Stargate or whatever that show was called would have mad craic if this were the script 😂

Censorship TA that Disney Plus bleeps out the swearwords in Family Guy but leaves them in in Solar Opposites.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

I don't want to start a new thread so I'll ask it here: I found an opened airplane bottle of Jameson whiskey in my mam's house. I'd say it's being there at least fifteen years. Is it safe to drink or should I chuck it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This is FAR more than a trivial annoyance, but there's no thread for more than trivial even though I tried at one time.

Just copped, after 4 hours and 42 minutes after logging into work, that I'm not working tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have on numerous occasions reminded people not to unplug the main satellite TV box. But after conversations this is agreed upon and happens for a week or two. Then the person reverts to switching off the socket again, ‘ for the environment ‘ & ‘ it’s safer too ‘… ‘ electric items shouldn’t be left on overnight ‘ …fûck that the fridge freezer is left on, and a myriad of inaccessible plugs are not turned off or unplugged… oven, dishwasher, microwave etc….no fires or unpaid electricity bills.

this morning the box in my bedroom goes to update but cannot as it cannot connect to the main box….meaning in the midst of bastarding insomnia at 4.35 am I cannot now watch TV…

aswell as outside yes at 4.25 am a couple were not rowing but in the midst of a loud shouty drunkish animated discussion… having slammed their taxi doors at 11,684 decibels….

people just need to cop the sweet fûck on…. Im meeting people for lunch and I want to be able to keep my face out of falling asleep into my minestrone soup with the tiredness and my evening then was supposed to be me relaxing in front of a TV that I can actually get channels on….

Johnny Depp & Richard Branson own their own islands…. Lucky fûcks, apart from being rich and they can, I can absolutely get why…. PEOPLE ! ⚠️🚷❗️❓❌☢️🚫

I'm pretty sure food safety questions aren't allowed on Boards, but you could ask Jameson directly.

Give it to me. I'll make sure it's disposed of safely.

As so often said on various sites - username checks out 😉

• Advertisement

That feeling of dread when you read about redundancies in the news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement