Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

Any signs of distance between Win and Rêgine?

I'm still processing the news of his bad behaviour - finding it hard to separate the art from the artist, particularly when it's a band I've had such emotional experiences with live and their general morals they were projecting all these years..

Just on the bus home after PJ Harvey.

Absolutely phenomenal. I am not mad on the latest album but the songs worked much better live.

A great performer who clearly loves her craft and being on stage.

Also, I don't care if she is old enough to be my mother, still an extremely attractive woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Agreed. A magnificent gig.

Two winners in a row after The National last night.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Your going again tomorrow night by the looks of it?

Top work my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Good to hear lads. Looking forward to tomorrow. A House fantastic in Whelan's. Great crowd, lovely atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Agreed on all the positive comments I’ve been seeing re The National and PJ Harvey gigs - both excellent.

Hearing Man-Size played live is my highlight of the year so far

Oh wow, just had a look at PJs setlist! That looks unbelievable! Can't wait for this evening!

Yeah. Man-Size was phenomenal. She's absolutely peerless when she's on form like this.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

Given that it's a two night stand, she might change one or two in the second half, for songs of similar vintage. It'll be superb, either way.

• Advertisement

Ah I expect she will, just delighted with the choices and the spread. I better get Man Size though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Just home from Dublin. PJ Harvey was absolutely brilliant. Just brilliant. Unreal gig. Bit gutted about the technical issues during Man Size and into the next tune. Otherwise, faultless. She's amazing.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I wanted to just focus on the gig, so I discreetly shot just a handful of photos, of which this is the best.

PJ Harvey absolutely spectacular last night in the Olympia. Everything about the gig stunning, the band, the backdrop, the lighting and everything that Polly said or did. Beautiful setlist that spanned her whole career. A woman in total control and on top of her game. The Garden the highlight for me but every song a winner. Certainly in the top 5 gigs of my life.

Edit. Bastarding sound issues for the very 2 songs that I wanted to be perfect, Man Size and Dress. They were still amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

Fully agree with other posters about PJ last night, I'd add that the crowd was terrific too.

The crowd both nights were great. Hugely respectful and appreciative of the new songs and then obviously very enthusiastic for the songs from the back catalogue. The microphone issue was regrettable, but did little to detract overall. Magnificent.

Another barn storming gig in the National Concert Hall last night.

Saw Jeff Mills one of Detroit Techno's founding fathers performing a concept album he recorded with Tony Allen, Fela Kutis drummer before Tony's passing.

The lush and visceral sound scapes in the salubrious surroundings of the NCH gave it an other worldly feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Arctic Monkeys play the 3Arena on the 15th Oct and then again on the 17th but S Club 7 play there on the 16th

Is this a rare occurrence that a crew (AM crew) would have to take the stage down only to put it back up very short time after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Was at Paul Noonan- solo on Saturday afternoon in Coughlans, it was all seated so limited to about 80 seats, and he specifically called out the PJ Harvey gig, he did’t do too bad himself either:

Caught him again last night at Everyman Theatre, with Lisa Hannigan & Gemma Hayes, another subtle and suberb gig:

Thankfully, almost all of Paul’s solo set was not duplicated with Lisa & Gemma

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

It’s not much of set up for artics, the screen will be moved back and whatever curtain s club use will be put in front.

not talking about a band with a drake, kendrick Lamar etc massive set design set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ekkinak

New Order 3arena last night

• Registered Users Posts: 30 you_talking_to_me

Great gig. Great crowd.

Haven't been in the 3Arena since June

I imagine the price on food/drink had risen like everything else in the country ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Think it was €7.60 for a pint the other week when I was there. Expensive, but not too outrageous compared to Dublin pub prices.

Have never bought food there before!

Pints didn't change thankfully

Now if only they get Carlsberg instead of Heino

They call Alabama the Crimson Tide.

They call them Deacon Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

Cracking gig. Enjoyed Confidence man too as support. I was standing front centre and the sound was good for NO, bit loud at the beginning of Confidence man.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Looking forward to Big Country tonight in Opium. 40th Anniversary of The Crossing. Should be a cracker. Any reports from Galway last night ?

• Advertisement

Looking forward too Busted in the 3Arena tonight

Train stopped in Carlow due to an incident on the line but got a bus thank god

Advertisement