Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭lostboy75

'I literally just joined this thread to rise the snowflakes that cry every five min about Trump' and expressing support for a rapist is funny, ok then.

Seems my sense of humour is off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭delusiondestroyer

Go way Ive had you on strings since the start had you apologizing to me and everything 🤣🤣

So predictable your not very bright!

P.s I left mistakes in the above so you can post a lame comeback! Just for you and grammar police! 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was just pointing out a basic facts. As a trumper that isn't something you are interested in. So tell me, when did you become a fan of racist,rapist and conman Donald Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Stupid trump supporters:

"I don't want things forced on me"

Also stupid trump supporters:

*support rapist donald trump*

• Advertisement

That poster should be copied millions of times and declared the greatest piece of truth ever !!!!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I made mistakes so you could correct me. That’s the best cover for bad grammar and spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You calling every poster in here a gobshite?

I thought you were very much against name calling (or anything approaching it)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Rawr

Ah be nice everlast, he probably thought he had made a new pro-MAGA friend there. Alas, that poster appears to be banned now, so he’ll have to wait until the next one.

It does make you wonder the bit about the calibre of these drive-by pro-MAGA edge-lords we’ll occasionally get on here. I can’t help but make a mental parallel with the “Putin-bots” we encounter over on the Russia thread. In particular, one class of Putin-bot who has no affiliation with Russia but appears to often be someone in the west, hard-right in their politics and often about as behaved in debate as this recent “guest”.

Kind of telling that discussion with these types devolves into the mudslinging we saw here. It’s part of why any “Guilty” verdict on Trump, or even a conviction, will not have a baring on this this type of American voter. They are simply too far gone down the trenches of a perceived Culture War where a twice impeached rapist dimwit is their POTUS of choice and a fictional laptop is somehow the key to taking down the incumbent. These people need to be outvoted, its the only way the US keep itself out of a hell of its own making.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,528 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No that fallacy has been debunked repeatedly.

Trump fans refuse to engage outside of shìtposts.

I know its hard to defend a rapist hence the refusal but thats on the Trumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I honestly wish the Trumpets would engage.

Instead, it’s now obvious they really don’t give a sh*t about anything and are nihilists that want the world to burn.

Its sad that there’s so many great things about the world that they don’t give a sh*t about.

It also confirms the case as to why no one should tolerate intolerance. This is where it leads us. No amount of debate will change their mind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Noticeable and telling that having disappeared from the thread as the shít continued to hit the fan with Trump and MAGA, a returning post is to +1 an open troll? As mentioned by others, some actual sober opposing views would be useful. Balance has value.

Even parking the cult angle, MAGA isn't a real movement; it's empty angry rhetoric that offers zero new ideas and even less forward thinking. It exists as a sulking riposte to a liberalised world, bitter and sullen with nothing to offer a world needing answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

That poster is gone now for a week or two... Oddly not commenting on the legal case progress etc. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

The shíte coming out of trump and his supporters has always been the equivalent of the rants you would hear from someone with serious withdrawal symptoms or having over done mixing alcohol and tablets. But the legal cases seems to have really caused a ramp up of the bullshít, rants and straw grasping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Sorry keep you waiting. I was watching the rugby. Are you still jacking off furiously in your mum's box room or did she send you to bed? Or have you been banned?

BTW I think you missed the word 'the' in your PS before 'grammar police'. Better luck next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,556 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trump said the following in a speech about the Democrats position on abortion

“If it’s after the 9th month and the baby was born you put the baby aside. You discuss with the mother and if the mother doesn’t want the baby we execute the baby. This is part of their thing.”

That man is totally deranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It just occurred to me that all the Dems need to do to win over the independents is to play clips of this guy's speeches.

To any normal and sane person, he looks ****ing mental. Splice it with clips of Jan 6, details of his rape case. I know his MAGA crowd would, but apart from those, who in their right mind would go to the polling booth for this guy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Didn't Simpson's already get here, lampooning Republican / Fox dogma that Democrats ate babies?

It's repugnant, vile and obviously, transparently false - but it's not too divorced to the kind of thinking beloved of the chronically histrionic either.

And with the whole "firehose of bullshít" it's just another lie that won't get interrogated by the media - cos who has time to keep track?

• Advertisement

Just watching a shoe with clips from 90s sports show. It had the 1994 Rumbelows Cup 5th round draw with Saint and Greavesie. Drawing one set of balls was Donald Trump in the boardroom of the Trump Tower in NY. he seemed a very different person. He even had a sense of humour. Where did the bitterness come from?

The early 90’s are the tail end of a time when the facade of him being a property mogul was still relatively intact. He was still an object worth lampooning, and his car-crash relationships were public knowledge. But despite all that, the disasters of the Trump Shuttle and the Trump Taj Mahal were just coming about. He desperately wanted the world to see him as a success, and as the 90’s progressed I feel that he was growing embittered to learn that many viewed him as a comic character. Over time I suspect whatever sense of humor he had was used up, and by the time he was given a life-line in the form of The Apprentice, we got the joyless bell-end we have now.

I fully suspect Elon Musk to go down this road in coming years. He seemed happy and had enjoyed pretty good PR for a long while. Now he’s generally disliked. Don’t expect him to be carrying sinks into offices in future…or doing anything “funny”. He’s well on the road to being a pissed off old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,600 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Greed. The man had pretty much everything. He lived what most people would dream of.

But that wasn't enough. He wanted not only respect but admiration from everyone.

The change came from the apprentice. What started out as a last ditch effort to stave off bankruptcy, ended up being widely successful and he, mistakenly, attributed all the success down to him. Nothing to do with the format, the production, the set up etc.

From that he obviously took the view that despite his wealth and incredibly fortunate and privileged life want he missed most, what he wanted and needed more than anything, was adoration. Not just from those around him, but from everyone.

The bitterness stems from continually being shown up by the likes of Obama, Clinton, news interviews etc. And rather than look at his own shortcomings as the reason for his failings, he strikes out and blames those.

Once he sees that that bitterness actually gains him attention, and support, the only option was to continue down that path.

And that path, because he needs bitterness, must continually be increased to keep peoples attention.

The 90s had the fumes of the 80s when being a Property Tycoon curried some degree of awe and quasi respect. The lack of regulatory oversight and rampant Regan capitalism gave people like Trump the chance to make away like bandits. From there on in the noose kept tightening, the cultural landscape increasingly hostile to the shítheads who seemed less something to revere and instead something to mock or interrogate.

Then Obama came along, a black president and bring openly mocked by a ... well, peekaboo in public on TV broke something in his brain. I think that was the point Trump just lost the plot, to have a whole room of powerful people laugh at Donald Trump, former Titan. Egged on by an African American of all people. I mean, it was the Birther movement that seemed to be the first salvo of Trump's insanity.

Post edited by pixelburp on

It’s odd the way the World works sometimes. That we can actually attribute Trump’s 2016 presidential run to his reaction to Obama’s roast of him during his own term. For those who might not know, the image above was displayed during a 2011 White House event where Trump himself was a guest. It humorously illustrates how a Trump White House might appear, based on the gaudy stylings Trump had already become infamous for at that stage. The crowd enjoyed this rather blunt joke….with the exception of one member, who soon after built up a vendetta against Obama. He himself would run for president, and we all know what happened after.

Although the White House retained its normal paintjob under Trump, I do like to think that the Obama team did a decent job of illustrating the spirit of what we saw with Trump’s White House.

Seems increadible that one stupid joke was enough to put democracy in peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,440 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The bitterness comes from the system catching up to him. Decades of criminality coming home to roost.

Just imagine how much ketchup is thrown at the wall knowing Trump Org is in arrears and his only chance of getting any money recovered is after all its debts are paid - all those decades of stiffing contractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Trump was going to cause WW3 they said, during 4 years of peacetime. The imagination doesn't need to stretch that far to know all the chaos currently in the world would be blamed directly on Trump. Meanwhile the Biden thread practically lies dormant and he avoids criticism that would be heaped on Trump if he was still Potus.

Trump Warns: Biden's $6 Billion 'Ransom Payment' To Iran Is 'Extremely Deadly'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxiPHoB4fC0&ab_channel=ForbesBreakingNews

• Registered Users Posts: 82,440 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You could always give a go at cogently offering any criticisms you think you have over in the thread instead of complaining about your own lack of bother to. When asked to actually drill into any of your empty rhetoric, and substantiate it with facts on policy, you disappear.

No, none of the money in escrow in Qatar was involved. That is fake news. I would be 'very leery of your foreign policy opinions in the future,' Burty330.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Thats entirely it Burty, Trump the madman would nuke the world they said, he couldnt be trusted to have his finger on the button, the Commander in chief.

Remind me again what global conflicts were there during his tenure ?

Trump is right yet again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Trump was respected on the world stage. I wouldn't listen to anybody who disagrees. Walking over the DMZ with a tiny security detail says they would be wrong. . We know the $6million would not have been given to Iran under his watch. Whether that would have prevented the conflict is unknown. But you know they would be blaming it all on Trump if he was still Potus. Blood on his hands , he must stand down etc etc. . Meanwhile not a peep is said about Biden. Pure cultism.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement