Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hope you have the same energy then now you know it just didn't happen at Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

You'd have time for him if he just came out and said it was all for money, the 2034 world cup posts from the players that have gone there are just weird, dystopian stuff.

For all the furore of us leaving all our senior midfielders leave in the summer it's good to see it was all a waste of people's energies, klopps midfield 2.0 is a bif upgrade, Henderson is a distant memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

That's the question he was asked by The Athletic. He's either outright lying or, at the very best, being extremely disingenuous.

As a Spurs fan, he was a player I never really rated but I actually admired him for how he presented himself in public. This is shameless stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Henderson has completely ruined himself in England with these nonsense interviews. Makes him look stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Apart from Torres and Diouf, has anyone else exited the club in such a negative way?

It's bizarre that Naby Keita (22 mins played this season) ended up getting a better send off than the captain who lifted the Cl and every domestic trophy available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The con job that FIFA and Saudi Arabia are pulling for 2034 is so brazen and for Henderson to be a part of it is beyond disappointing.

They have awarded 2030 to countries in Europe, Africa and South America thus eliminating any country from there to bid for 2034.

2026 is in North America.

So, they have basically cleared the field for the Saudi Sportswashing Project.

Depressing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

They're well paid for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Well you've got the c*nt at the top coming out and stating it outright, Money will be continue to be spent on anything and everything to deflect/distract/distort.

Would be great if Australia put in a bid and won it instead, but its obvious what will ultimately happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Gerrard also promoting Saudi Arabia 2034

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yeah and plenty were not happy saying we needed to keep henderson for his experience. Like fook we did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

This has been a blight on football the last 2/3 years. there's even an Arsenal fan arrested over it last season, but yes off course Anfield is the problem!

Post edited by Ottoman_1000 on

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Saudi Arabia want to pay me a few million to post some nice tweets or messages here I'm available, so hit me up MBS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭abff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

The EL is working out quite nicely so far, new players getting game time to bed in, players coming back from injury and players with domestic suspensions (more of an issue than injuries so far this season) all getting time on the pitch, pretty much everyone is getting game time, which keeps the squad happy. Also the level of competition in the group stages isn't great so won't take a huge amount out of the players either. Really hope we take it seriously once we hit the knockout stages and meet tougher opposition, as we have a great chance of winning it. Hopefully we can continue the good start and momentum against Brighton on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,116 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sounds like Brighton will have some problems at full back Sunday.

Estupinan is injured.

Lamptey is a RB playing LB, and playing well, but struggles to play a couple games in a week and played 99 minutes in Marseille in an energy sapping game. Either he plays, tired, or Igor the CB plays there.

Veltman has to start at RB then, who also played 99 minutes Thursday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think myself and some others were worried about strength in depth

It was never Hendo/Fab or Sobo/Mac (they were bought first).

It's more would Jones, Thiago and Elliott be sufficient depth. We've since added Endo and Grab now but let's wait and see how we get on of we ever have to play a big game without Mac and Sobo.

It's going great so far.

Post edited by noodler on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Almost a 1/4 of the season gone, Spurs top, based on results tomorrow it's possible we could go second. Fast forward to 1/2 the season gone, Spurs still top, Liverpool on their tails, come May Spurs still hanging on, pipping Liverpool to the title by 3 points. At what point does the fact they have 3 points they shouldn't have matter. Will we all just hold hands and sing que sera sera. The situation needs sorting now, as I just know it's coming back to bite the PGMOL where it hurts. The unthinkable is very probable, this Spurs team is evolving, and pipping Liverpool to the title this season is not farfetched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I ain't a dig back in posts merchant but that's not how I recall your take on it,we all have our moments when we are actually right,it will be different the next time, it's going as well/ better than any of us expected, good times to be a Liverpool supporter for a lot of reasons, let's enjoy it.

• Advertisement

It's alright, I know what my take was.

We are heralding the performances of Sobo and Mac (to a lesser degree). They were already signed when Fab and Hendo were allowed to leave.

So it was never a Sobo/Mac vs Fab/Hendo discussion.

Letting Fab and Hendo go, before Endo and Grav were signed, was the discussion.

Your infatuation that fabinho was a serious loss was a big thing iirc, that was never going to be the case on last year's performance, apologies if I have the wrong poster but I don't think anyone else could see a role for him going forward.

That's nonsense. I don't even think there was another poster with any Fabinho infatuation outside of wondering whether he could be as bad again.

You'd do well do find any post that supports this strange interpretation.

Whether or not Fab/Hendo, relegated to the subs bench, could still serve a purpose within the wider squad or whether they should be sold before we have cover was the discussion.

Wrong poster so, apologies,grey cells ain't going so good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

For the money, the Fab offer absolutely had to be accepted I think. Was just way too good an offer for a player who looked so utterly crocked (and continues to as far as i'm aware - has since been dumped by Brazil too). The Hendo one seemed premature without a replacement lined up - though to be honest pretty happy with the way it's all turned out, particularly in light of his nonsense since.

Also wonder if we'll go back in for André in January for the long term DM position. He's taken Fab's Brazil spot, and is into the final of the Copa Libertadores with Fluminense's next month. If we got him, we'd have an absolutely monster midfield with real depth and serious youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I have to say the Hendo thing doesn't interest me at all.

He was a good captain whilst at the club and was very successful when there but I'd still regard Gerrard as been the best captain we had over the last couple of decades.

Ok what they're doing at the moment doesn't sit right with some but frankly it doesn't effect me and that's a selfish pov but what else can I say.

Liverpool fc moves on with new players and just enjoy the ride.

.. The law, what fcking law. Someone call the police, a ref corrected the offside, after restarting the game, he must be tracked down and placed behind bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just today the Chelsea game was stopped after the restart, while VAR did one additional check on Sterlings goal - breaking that supposed oh so important rule, and no-one cares, because it's just not a big deal to do that. VAR confirmed the call, and play restarted again, and everyone carried on with their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Eight years ago today Klopp became Liverpool manager!! What a ride it's been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,204 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What team is likely today?

Ali

TAA Matip VVD Robbo

Endo Mac Szobo

Salah Nunez Diaz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'd say gomez over Trent for at least the first hour. Midfield is probably Mac, Szobo, Gravenberch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Elliott starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm disappointed that Gomez has lost his place. He's been very solid at RB the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Don't want to jinx it but I'm confident of the win today

We have a lot to offer, as does Brighton, there will be goals, Brighton have conceded 14 goals in 7 games, only the bottom 4 teams have conceded more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

4-1 Liverpool

Nunez hat-trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Nice of them to have the Beatles playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Bloody hell

Mac Allister asleep. First 20mins has been evident that both sides need to be on the ball and aware of the lack of space.

Ali won't be happy either TBH

• Advertisement

Saw that coming, Alisson must have had more touches than anyone on the pitch 20 mins in. Shocking how we are playing it around the back since the game started, play a forward pass ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Jesus that is absolutely awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That was like some of the abysmal goals we would concede last season. Jokeshop. Goal behind yet again.

Brighton working hard. Two on top of Elliot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Muck pure muck

Standing still waiting for a pass

Also the pass into McAllister wasn't on ffs

Alisson and VVD, like two kids in the park, playing passes to each other for 25 minutes straight.

This is not football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Slow passive passing just for the sake of it. That goal is on Virgil, the pass was slow and he fell into the trap that Brighton set for him. They knew that chance was going to be presented sometime in the game... Caught hook, line and sinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

We're playing like it's still Thursday night. Dreadful so far.

Brighton better all over here.

Quicker, stronger. We're fast asleep.

We're so easy to play through, we're making them look like a teams of Messi's

• Advertisement
Advertisement