Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Welp, I was wrong about this. It was 4.42am when I woke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The "ask a question" function when starting a new discussion.

Good in theory but the rejig of replies makes the thread pretty much impossible to follow.

Plus they all get marked as "Answered" as soon as anyone replies, even though the first reply could be someone going "Ask me arse".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

To be fair,that's probably a better answer than the majority of replies 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Given that they sell whisky that has been sitting in a cask for longer than that I think you will be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Are the casks not sealed when full so don’t get any air?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Drink it! The alcohol would have killed any germs in it.*

*(Very dodgy science)

Because I'm so innocent and inexperienced when it comes to alcohol, I had to look up what an 'airplane bottle of Jameson' is (which is trivially annoying). Since it's just a 50ml bottle of Jameson, again I say drink it! It couldn't do that much harm, could it?*

*Disclaimer: Ah, ya know.

A guy just walked past me with a kid wearing a snowsuit and wellies. It's fcuking 22 degrees out!

No. After the whiskey has matured for a few years there is less whiskey than before in the cask. The missing portion has evaporated. Evaporation is not possible if the cask is airtight. On the other hand a sealed bottle is airtight ro reasonably close to airtight.

• Advertisement

Motorbikes.

They must create the most noise for the amount of people they transport.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If it's open, how can you be sure it's actually Jameson it contains?

When you forget to order something for a birthday party and it's now too late to order it. 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I went for a shite only to come back to a different rugby score

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Nice day out as espoused in the happy thread….

but a slight TA was the two families or one big family who came in during our dessert. Each kid had some kind of tablet and proceeded to play games on them…. this is a restaurant and this is at the table….. Sound was max volume on each…. Crashing, shooting, skidding and assorted effects and with the kids roaring and screeching approval at ear splitting volume… both tablets and the kids at decibel defying loudness…. Daggers from other tables (and staff) not just ours…. Didn’t spoil the afternoon, the meal or close but brings home how unfashionable good and responsible parenting is nowadays…especially guilty are young parents I’ve noticed, just not thinking about the needs, comfort and entitlements of other people.

simple compromise maybe … “ ok bring the tablet, play games but the sound stays off “….

going to be a serious generation of entitled thunder cûnts hitting adulthood in about 10 to 12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

I'm tucked up on the couch watching Netflix for the last 3 hours, happy out with wine, a throw and a hot water bottle ☺️, suddenly a blue bottle has appeared out of nowhere and land on the screen, making a buzzing sound....I swear to God if I had a gun I'd shoot at the telly, beyond annoying, little fcuker.

TH, Repile is a great movie so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

TA'd I am actually working tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ThePentagon

Whah?! Jeez, I admire your restraint. If I caught a neighbour pulling that stunt on me, that rubbish would be spread all over her front step before sunrise.

A few weeks ago I was bringing in the bins on a Thursday morning after they were collected. There's a bus stop adjacent to our house at which a family of, what looked like, foreign tourists were waiting. The little girl of the family ran over, opened the lid of one of the bins, and tossed in her plastic sweet wrapper whilst I was in the process of pulling the bin into the drive. It wasn't even the correct bin - it was the brown compostable bin!

I was properly enraged but I couldn't really challenge her - she was about 8 years old and probably didn't know her ass from her elbow, let alone argumentative English. All I could do was let out a rather pathetic, high-pitched "What the f**k!" while she scampered back to her family. It was like something out of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. I'm definitely noticing as I approach 40 that I've developed a pronounced defensive territoriality when it comes our wheelie bins.

4.44 this morning. Getting mightily sick of being awake the wrong side of 5am.

Wait till you hit 50.

Was thinking the other day that people are burning out a lot sooner.

Now there is such a thing as a quarter life crisis, in addition to the mid life crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Harleys are the worst. Aging blokes riding inefficient heaps with an exhaust note like an amplified series of farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Lunch on Sundays is usually a nice family occasion, quiet and relaxing. However 2.35 the doorbell rings. Minutes from the food being plated… It’s a neighbour to thank us for a small favour…appreciated but the thanks evolves into a yapping session…. Where they end up without encouragement imparting all kinds of useless information about their business and everyone else’s around the place too. 😒

surely just picking up the phone or leaving it to the evening to express appreciation and thanks… 2.35 on a Sunday afternoon…. strange and some. 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

McDonald's Monolply is gone terrible

All electronic now and you win **** all

Won 6 mcnuggets but the place was so busy it expired and you had to redeem it at the counter and not on the self service machine 😕

Deliveroo cyclist, delivering stuff, in the dark, with no lights and no helmet. It's like there is **** all employment laws on the company and complete ignorance on behalf of the people who work for them. Why would anybody care about deliveroo drivers and their plight if they can't even follow the rules of the road and can't even guard their own life and cost to the tax payer if the do get injured or killed, for the sake of 20 quid ? The company is having a big laugh over all this. And the government afraid to say anything against big tech. The drivers need to organise, unionise and grow up.

Also, get off the **** pavement.

Driving home earlier just before 8 and went past 2 cars driving just with sidelights.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This message

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's to show your a hardman with your designer coat.

Socks should also be white and pulled up as far as they can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who don't know the difference between working in a hospital and working in hospitality. They're not the same thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People too lazy to lift public toilet seats and pissing all over them. Disgusting, they'll never do this in their own toilet at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement