Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,040 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

All the more reason to give Ukraine the means to attack these factories. The USA wouldn't stand for it for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ukraine attacks factories in Iran , think about that for a minute, it would inspire a Iranian call to arms for Muslims across Europe to make their way Ukraine and engage in jihad against the unholy jews and Christians,as well as Russia getting bigger and better weapons from Iran ,

The Ukrainians don't need any other countries getting involved when they are currently struggling to get the supplies it badly needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,040 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Russian factories - my man, Who said anything about attacking Iran??

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭goodlad_ourvlad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I'm starting to wonder why we've been supporting them so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I think this is a a major problem Ukraine have. Time. I know Time is not good for Russia either. Just look at where the attention of the world is now focused on, it's on Israel. The longer this conflict goes on the more things that will happen across the world and the attention will not focus on Ukraine and the help that they need and fully deserve. Time plays for Russia in my opinion (I might be 100% wrong) but the world's attention and support will get dragged to other conflicts and issues and away from Ukraine and that's the last thing that Ukraine need to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Russia and Israel have been allies of sorts in the past. I very much doubt Russia wanted this to happen or encouraged it in anyway. They have enough problems already to contend with in Ukraine without incurring the wrath of the Israelis. Iran is the prime suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Mike3549

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Palestinians gained combat experience fighting for mercenary groups under Putin in Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭rogber

Where is everyone watching these videos? I don't see them on outlets like BBC. Have they been verified? Might they be AI videos created by Israeli security services for propaganda purposes?

Probably not, but so hard to know what's real these days unless verified by reliable organisations

• Advertisement

The average pro Palestinian I've met in Ireland can generally be summed up as "I hate Britain. Therefore I must love Palestine, because Israel is like Britain and Palestinians are the Irish"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

1) Afghanistan was a war 'over there'. Ukraine is a war 'on their doorstep'. indeed it's in their house as they see it and is painted as by the Moscow regime, a defensive war in their minds. Add in the Kremlin propaganda of nazis set to take them over and it plugs into the historical and existential threat that the Kremlin uses and which was never in play in Afghanistan. That will up their already scarily high tolerance of bodybags for the motherland, a tolerance almost unimaginable in the 'West'.

2) They've millions of potential cannon fodder material in the hinterlands that can be exhausted long before Moscow and St Pete's are unduly bothered. Now it is a finite 'resource', but it seems it's not running out yet. It's certainly not big enough to take more of Ukraine, but it might be to hang onto the bits they've already stolen.

3) Hundreds of thousands took to the streets in the US and across the world to protest the US Vietnam war, never mind thousands dodging the draft and it took years for them to pull out. Millions took to the streets across the world including in the US to protest the US Iraq wars and they stayed there for another decade. And that's in democracies. We're not seeing close to that kind of scale of disquiet in Russia and I don't think we will any time soon.

4) Russia's been planning for war for a long time. The US certainly has stockpiles and production capacity, though even they have had to ramp that up. Yes, the rest have the potential to massively outproduce Russia. The potential. It's not even close to there yet. That ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM is also very much in play. How long will the democracies support Ukraine militarily before it becomes too 'expensive', more pressing domestic issues take the headlines and the notion of stalemate and peace talks comes in to get it over with? That's where putin can currently afford to wait.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Bakmutize gaza it's a hate filled slum, and every other so called holy site used s an excuse for unholy wars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

It is not just human lives that putin is sending into the meat grinder in Ukraine but increasingly out of date equipment that although still dangerous and capable of killing maybe easier to destroy than the equipment that was sent in to invade Ukraine with the first wave of troops last year. Will the moskovytes have much ability to continue fighting effectively with troops that are increasingly only partially trained and using equipment designed decades ago?

4- How can democracies decide helping Ukraine is too expensive when not providing them with the equipment they need to stand up to putin would be massively more expensive if they are encouraged by any sort of success in their empire building?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And what is Russia giving Iran back for their drone supplies and technology?

This Hamas attack could have big repercussions for Russia from Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭farmerval

I'm pretty sure that Israel has way more equipment than it needs and probably some of the most technically advanced in the world. While the fat bloated American war industry spends enormous amounts of money on R&D and weapon development, Israel has been perpetually preparing for an actual war on it's own land. Very very different motivations.

Incidentally, whenever history on this era is written I think that Netanyahu will come out badly from it. A man with no morals, he sold that mobile phone spyware to so many dictators and general scum to try and play every side of the street. I believe the world is a lesser place from his actions.

None of which helped Israel yesterday, Hamas Literally walked walked into a major military base and massacred hundreds of soldiers and taking a lot of prisoner's,while taking next to no losses themselves,

What comes next will be a major reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

if Russia knew what was about to happen I believe they would have tried to prevent it for this exact reason. As you suggest Iran's drone factories will likely be wiped out in Israeli reprisals strike. Senior Quds figures may be targeted too. The only thing that might prevent this from happening is if America fears a wider war breaking out , they may put pressure on Israel behind the scenes not to strike Iran or to do so in a limited capacity. I doubt Israel will be in the mood to listen though. This is an intelligence failure that will live long in the memory of Israeli society.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭thereitisgone

Thats a fair point, twitter mainly but many other sites

I will give 1 example, one of the most gruesome videos yesterday was of a dead girl nearly naked in the back of pickup

Her legs have been broken and she looked like it was a horrifying death

Palestinians claimed she was Israeli soldier

She had very recognizable tatoos

This morning her mother in Germany confirmed it is her daughter and she was German and was attending a music festival near Gaza

which was over run by the Palestinians

The rave being over run on itself is hard to fake as there is hundreds of witnesses, some even on BBC

If there are still any doubts, the families of missing Israelis are compiling photo lists of the missing

Think you could match the faces of some if you went through the videos, but seeing those videos once is enough and many you will turn away from

EDIT

Her family have also confirmed she was robbed, her credit card was used yesterday in Gaza after her death

Post edited by thereitisgone on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Nowadays everyone has a mobile phone for recording.

The footage from the concert goers showed the Palestinians coming in on motorised paragliders into the concert.

Further footage later by one of the Palestinians showed the woman being kidnapped and pleading for her life being driven off on a motorcart by Palestinians back to Gaza and her male partner being led off on foot by the armed Palestinians.

These fighters were highly desensitised to killing and rape and murder of women and children.

This alone leads me to think these guys were in Ukraine and got away with that crap there and it's now accepted as a modis operandi of how to fight.

The west dithering on finishing the war in Ukraine quickly is now biting back hard as Russia will encourage the terrorist groups worldwide to wage war on all things western.

• Advertisement

I think its a bit of a leap to say they were in Ukraine, zero evidence for that

The Israelis have also been pretty brutal for years towards the Palestinians so i can see where they could be desensitized from

Im more interested where did they all of a sudden get this training and weapons to carry out this assault

There is one video not sure how credible they are but some Palestinian group thanking Iran

But that seems too obvious and that video i could believe Israel or USA could be behind

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

They could fight effectively enough, or for long enough to keep the gains they have.

It's already going to be expensive. We're in Cold War 2 and Europe will have to rearm to defend wherever this new Iron Curtain descends. Ukraine depleting Russia's ability to fight is 'cheap' now, but Europe also has to build up its stocks and militaries and it could be seen the money is better spent there.

As for Russia's empire building, that's mostly nonsense or drunk pundits on Russian TV. They're not going to go for Poland or Finland or any of that. They're utterly bogged down in Ukraine, opening a second front would be a disaster. And there's the nuclear war thing on top.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Agreed and if also Iran are somehow half proven to be complicit in this, it could be US making strikes on Iran not Israel

We know they already have form in arming Russia, America must already have been contemplating a few strikes because of that

This could be the final straw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭yagan

If you consider Gaza as an Israeli created ghetto then flattening it will make Israel the very evil it was created to escape.

That's truly horrendous, the poor girl.

(Rest of post deleted, I accept it was badly phrased and did not mean it to come across as it did)

Post edited by rogber on

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Seanmadradubh

Post edited by Seanmadradubh on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Seanmadradubh

Post edited by Seanmadradubh on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement