Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

We are off to my son's girlfriend's house today, she is 30. I'm not feeling old or anything 😀 , he'll be 30 himself next year. Doesn't look like we are getting this Indian summer day today that was forecast earlier in the week either. Always good to spend time with nice people anyway.

Hope they have the rugby on in the house. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and COME ON IRELAND!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Cloudy start but I see the sun try to burn through- might get a last glimpse of summer at some stage today - garden tidy day for me - weird being out in a t shirt in October but great nevertheless

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m as nervous for todays match as I am the South African game. This doesn’t bode well for my heart 😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Still very warm out there even with little sun. So in one way it’s a lovely Irish summers day out there. Haha

Into the 70s in the countdown 🙈🙈🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

i feel like we drop 10 days every day at this point

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Does Ireland have to win tonight's rugby match to stay in, or are they not at that stage yet?

No not at that stage tonight. Tonight is about retaining first in the group as it’ll give us and easier matchup for the knockouts. Scotland are notorious party poopers so I’m nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Busted was great last night in the 3Arena

Looking forward to the rugby tonight, a win, draw or losing BP means we're through. We our out if we lose by more than 7 points

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Enjoy the match all whoever's watching, been busy all day trying not to think about it! And happy "into the 70s" day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

30% off at Woodies!

Yes, great to get that Scotland game out of the way. I thought the Scots were going to get nasty at one stage, their prop Schoeman should be cited for pushing Sheehan over that hoarding.

This Ireland team are such a professional outfit under Farrell's guidance. Nerves will be gone again next Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Thought the game was a tad anti climactic as we were just too slick and professional to allow any slip ups. This team are a serious outfit, could win the whole thing yet could easily be undone by the all blacks next week. Suspect the nerves will be back for that one!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

What a day! Have put a pair of shorts back on. Just when I'm looking forward to cosy evenings in, a summers day breaks out. Suspect this could be the last sting in the tail for warm weather this year though.

Im telling you now the all blacks are not as weak as people think!! Nervy game next week.

Warm weather set to last til Tuesday night then cold spell incoming.

Thank god. I need a decent cold spell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Heading to Sardinia tomorrow until Friday night. Currently sunny and 27 degrees there so should be nice.

Gave in and signed up for YouTube Premium

My patience is just not able for the constant ads anymore hahaha 🙄😅

Happy with Spotify so no interest in 'YouTube Music'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Saw The LLTS PJs for sale in Penneys earlier. No mention of them being for charity and I haven't seen anything about it online either. I wonder are they doing it differently this year. I think they only had PJs and slippers for sale, there's usually a much bigger range.

Have a great time @Cork Lass . Just watched an episode of A Place in the Sun so envy you a little.

I’m tempted myself by YouTube premium but it’s soooo expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What are you paying for? Ad free content or additional services?

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

There's a lovely thread on bargain alerts on how to get YouTube premium very cheap. I'm paying about €3 a month for the family plan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I got the dogs out for a long walk around Maynooth yesterday ,around Carton and the old college grounds. I was hoping for a bit of autumnal feelings with the gothic buildings and the changing leaves. Instead I was in shorts and a t-shirt and stopped for a cold drink instead of a hot chocolate. Maybe next week!

I've now only got one birthday present to figure out before Christmas then I'll kick myself into gear. I can't be too organised because we do a family kriskindle on both sides so I still don't know what adult presents I've to buy for. I've 5 nieces and nephews but the last few years I went with vouchers because they're into the awkward tween ages, I might try get tickets to something instead this year.

We started our Christmas list on the weekend for our little guy, it'll be the last year we'll be able to fully pick for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I was at that concert too! Although, purely because I am a Hanson fan...the only Busted song that I knew was the Year 3000 🙈 Was a great night though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I'm just back from my walk, and today is a much nicer day than Saturday. It's not as humid and there is real heat in the sun. According to Met Eireann, it's currently 23° in The Phoenix Park! I saw a few people out walking with just vest tops on, which is very unusual for October. Looks like we'll have to make the most of it today and tomorrow though.

• Advertisement

Forgot about a few songs Busted had

Hanson were only OK for me esp when they didn't play one of my favourites 'Penny and Me' instead playing a cover of a meh U2 song 'in a little while'

'Mmbop' was very good

Overall a good night, next up is Arctic Monkeys next Tuesday (better keep it quiet or the boards police over in the Gigs and Events forum will give out to me for not going to small independent gigs)

Advertisement