Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,163 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I don't see that as viable, to be honest. The IDF are leagues ahead of anything that Hamas can muster in terms of in the field battle capabilities.

The likely outcome of Hamas' actions is another heavy handed Israeli response where Palestinian people are going to be slaughtered indiscriminately and more of their land is taken. Israeli incursions always end that way and Hamas don't have the ability to prevent that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Israeli media reports 400 dead and 2000 injured

I condemn hamas/Iran both want and celebrate this as gaza is a fermenting ground it needs to be levelled

Lots of Palestinians enjoy a quality life in Israel only those brainwashed want to continue the fight despite been offered supports from the west.

They have used a new level of brutality in this invasion so may they reap as they sow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭newhouse87

The way hamas treated and paraded innocent women shows the type of people israel are dealing with. Subhuman backard scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭jackboy

Once the battle enters destroyed built up areas the tanks and modern equipment will be less effective. Hamas could do a lot of damage then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

So West Belfast should have been "levelled" when the Provos were killing all around them?

Absolutely nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

It is undeniably distressing and morally reprehensible when any group, such as Hamas, chooses to engage in the kidnapping and killing of innocent civilians. These actions not only violate basic principles of humanity but also undermine any legitimate cause or grievance that may be raised.

Palestinian children have grown up in an environment marred by violence and instability, witnessing the loss of their loved ones and the destruction of their communities. They went wild when they got a chance to enter Southern Israel.

The Russian/Ukraine conflict has demonstrated the significant impact of drone technology on modern warfare.Considering the advancements made by Iran in this field, it is intriguing to ponder the potential damage they could inflict on the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF). It is indeed perplexing that Israel would miss an attack of this magnitude. One can't help but wonder if their intelligence capabilities are truly lacking or if there is another underlying reason behind their oversight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

SF and PBP are a disgrace, even now when Shani Louk has been named as the woman in the truck they refuse to condem the men who made the last few hours of her life a living hell.

One can only hope her son never knows of that videos existence when he is old enough to use the internet.

There is only one reason those savages attacked a music festival when they came across it and that was because they knew young women would be there, those guys are just like ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Last time it was tunnel's with lads armed with Russian anti tank weapons taking out Israeli vehicles from tanks to jeeps, I'm sure they have other suprises instore,but at the same time the Israelis learnt their lessons too most of there armour has trophy defence systems to protect against anti tank weapons and RPGs though didn't see any active yesterday when they destroyed several merkava tanks and APCs

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭thereitisgone

So you don't think Russians see Ukrainians as below them, wow, you don't really know a lot about Russians or there culture do you

Hohols as the Russians call them have for centuries been seen as sub human to the Russians by the Russians

In this war Russians see Ukrainian women there to be raped and Ukrainian kids stolen and indoctrinated into a Russian way of thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭Augme

When you look at the alternative options for the Hamas I think it is understandable why they've taken this option. As they said, "enough is enough." If they carried on down the same road they'll be wiped out anyway. Israel have made it clear their ultimate goal is to wipe out Palestinians. The international community don't care and aren't going to step-in.

At some stage you jave to fight for your survival, even if the risk is speeding up your own demise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Did they have to rape an parade lifeless bodies of innocent women? Thats the isis mindset. Who gives a **** if people like that are wiped out forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,507 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

As well as the German woman they were celebrating killing they appear to have captured or killed a British security guard from the same festival.

Wonder how likely other countries outside Israel will be to help against the terrorists given their citizens are being brutalized aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Their no comparison between NI and Palestine ffs, middle east is awash Sandel wearing camel satisfiers they are still in the last century

Now DT 600

I genuinely effing despair as somebody who is a broad left voter that there are people who claim to be on the "left" who eulogise Islamists who machine gun people in cars and parade a defenceless woman's dead body on a pick up truck.

I really do.

I would be of the general opinion, that, no, the "far left" are not the same threat to our society as the far right "paytriot" scum that pollute our streets and the thinly veiled fascist disinformation con artists of Gript, not anything like the same threat.

And then you see these people unironically eulogising the slaughter of women as "an act of heroic resistance", and you wonder.

Friday: "Standing with the victims of institutional rape and sexual abuse"

Saturday: "Celebrating Islamist gang rape and murder"

There's plenty of comparison. It's the exact same principle. Your call to "level Gaza" is mindless genocidal hate speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,782 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Hamas surely have a lot of anti tank weapons, anti aircraft probably.

This wasn't planned in a day and only for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Quite a lot to be fair and the Palestinians have it worse in regards situation than Northern Catholics.

The whole problem with humanity is the inability to see both sides. You're ignorantly biased and thus part of the overall problem but you're not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Well it is a war. If a german or British citzen was in gaza now they would get killed by isrealbomb.. But wait tourism not allowed into gaza because isreal blocks it..the world should stop visiting isreal for same reason as is unsave. If you go to a place that commits war crimes it is likely to be attacked.

I

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Probably the most brain dead post on the thread. Syria is a republic and Ireland is a dictatorship.

As for your views on yesterday - cop on.

That is for the Arab Street, the mujihadeen taking war booty, possessing them with their right hand etc.

In accordance with the teaching of the prophet, showing how they are following the examples of Mohamed, and that is why they had success.

They couldn't give a shi7 what their poodles in the West think.

• Advertisement

I hope that there is armed security provided by the State for Synagogues and any Jewish community events in the next few months here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes, it looks like the Israelis knew exactly what had going to occur and literally left the back door open intentionally.

Interesting take from an Israeli journalist on it here

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Thanks. I've chosen to just ignore whoever he/she is. Apparently, we're a dictatorship now. LOL.

Look at it from their point of view. It's part of God's plan, against the eternal and ancient enemy, the people of Khyber, ie the Jews. It marks Hamas as the vanguard of the prophet.

If you are ignoring the religious reasons and commands for their actions, you will never have a feel for why they do what they do.

The scenes yesterday were completely for the Islamic world, how it plays with those who in the West who support Palestinian statehood is of no concern to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I do not believe for a second Mossad or the Israeli government would let hundreds of it citizens be abducted or murdereded. Yes they're a sneaky bunch, but not that sneaky.

All Eyes On Rafah

When they attacked Bataclan in Paris lots of people on the left made excuses for it, talking about oppression in Palestine, the war in Iraq etc.

They ignored the reasoning of the men who did it, talking about their anger at live music, drinking, single women mixing with men etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Looks like Gaza will be rubble by the end of the day.

All Eyes On Rafah

750 missing and 600 dead and whackadoodles think it was all allowed as a black op.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Mullinabreena

I was always very pro Palestine until Hamas gained control from Fatah. I probably still am, but I think both sides have a right to exist in peace. There is nothing I can add to this thread only to say I pray for the innocents caught up on both sides of this conflict. There will be no winners here, its just horrific.

Advertisement