Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Happy with CP, its one I wanted to play but wasnt willing to pay full price considering the mixed reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Now that's more like it, that game looks like a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've been playing a bit of Sea of Stars this week and it's really good. Loads of charm and well worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭jj880

Mixed reviews here too then. Will give it a try for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Couldn't agree more on Sniper Contracts, got about as far as you did and I couldn't wait to uninstall it.

This month's games are now available. For Callisto Protocol you need to select the bundle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sony are rebranding their Bravia TV exclusive streaming service, Bravia Core, to Sony Pictures Core.

The service is also being expanded to PS4 and PS5 and a curated list of titles is included in the Premium/Deluxe tier of PS+.

In the press release they state that select titles from Crunchyroll will be added at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If I'm reading that right, PS+ Deluxe/Premium members get a classic catalogue from Core for "free". Partially explains the price hike. And if you buy Gran Turismo through the Core app, you get in game credits if you have GT7. I don't buy movies anymore, but might be useful to those who do. And "more to come" for PS+ subscribers.

It is doing a rewards type system for Subscribers, so that's something at least. Not sure if it justifies the price hike, will wait and see. I'm unable to find the yearly prices to compare, but i think it's about €40 more than Extra, so cheaper than most other movie sub services, but with the caveat that it doesn't include new films straight away. Seems like there's possibly an upgrade option?! Will see if I can get it (if available in Ireland already) and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

@Potential-Monke I know you felt the price hike was justified based on how it was less than the price of 2 X AAA games, but for me, €80 for a game is too steep and the rate of increase of PS+ smacks of greed by Sony. The addition of a movie platform doesn't make that any easier to swallow.

Good to see a new media app added for sure. Am I mad to think if you own Gran Turismo 7 Sony coulda thrown in a free rental of the film on this service. I find it amusing reading stuff like if you own PS Plus Premium this curated catalogue will be ad free! 😆 I should hope so.

It's available. Downloaded, automatically linked to my Sony account and ready to go. Currently 100 films for PS+ subscribers, nothing new but a good few classics. Looking forward to watching Tucker and Dale vs Evil again. You can buy Across the Spider-verse for €16.99 or rent for €4.49. Too expensive to buy, renting is a bit more palatable. Older films are cheaper for both, ie: Hancock is €9.99/€3.99 buy/rent. The Equalizer (1) €11.99/€3.99, etc. Can only Buy Uncharted for €11.99, no rent option. But it's IMAX Enhanced, for those who have the setup.

Has a Studio Access section, loads of behind the scenes, bloopers, random videos from loads of different films.

Does it justify the increase? I don't think so, hut some people may find use of it. I may use the rent feature at some point. There's a few of the free ones I'd watch again, and some I haven't seen so may give them a go while I still have Premium, will most likely downgrade to Extra next May.

The Extra is still worth it. Even with CEX trade in and Smyths prices, the Extra tier covers 3 new releases, and I'm still saving money than pre-sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Christ. If there's one thing the planet doesn't need, it's another streaming service.

Over the next few years I genuinely hope about 90% of them fold/merge with each other because its getting really **** exhausting. Maybe even more so with live sports.

Oh 100%, if I had a working computer I'd provably be back sailing the high season at this stage. Prime is going this month, that'll leave me with only Netflix and Crunchyroll, and Netflix may get the chop soon. But i also have a weird thing where I've had Netflix since it's been available over here and I kinda don't want to ruin the run! Same with CR. But I do use them.

Core will be used, but unless something else comes out to justify Premium, it'll then only be used to rent, if even. And true for you, sports is gone mad too, separate providers for darts, football, boxing, mma... too diluted and increases piracy, but they're doing it to themselves.

This streaming service has been around for a couple of years, but Sony being Sony they have to do it in a stupid manner.

The Bravia Core service that this was renamed from was exclusive to Bravia televisions. With a purchase of a tv you got 10 tickets to get any 10 titles to own for free and 2 years of access to the curated list included in Premium.

One thing it does have going for it is that it has the least compression of any streaming service with 4K streams having up to a 90Mb/s bitrate.

Post edited by sniper_samurai on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Netflix starting to offer games and Playstation starting to offer movies

Think they need to find something unique to offer to make it worth it, maybe they think the Sony catalogue is strong enough but I don't see someone upping their tier level just to get this

What was the name of the app? Was trying to have a look at it but couldnt find it

• Advertisement

If you're anything like me, you're searching for it in the store rather than in the Apps manager section in the XMB. Took me a while to figure that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I tried to set it up last night but it wasn’t playing ball. Quick google shows some are having issues with it so it wasn’t the amount of beer I had on board 🤣

Pictures Core working for me today. Jack and Jill 4 euro to rent 10 to purchase! Cheers Sony. Needed a good laugh today 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Question hopefully some one can answer please . I’ve a PlayStation plus sub, essential which was €59.99 a year . It’s due to renew on the 10/10/2023. Went and got €60 to add to the wallet , and when I go to purchase the subscription again it’s says it’s €72.99.

I don’t have a credit card or PayPal account and I can’t figure out how to set it to wallet to renew . Will it automatically renew on Tuesday with my Wallet credit or what happens ?

Cheers

It should auto renew from the wallet on the 10th. Don't try and renew manually or you'll be charged the new price, that doesn't come into effect for auto renewals until later this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Thank you so much for the reply. Hopefully it does. Thanks again .

Gotham Knights

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

Disco Elysium The Final Cut

Far: Changing Tides

Gungrave G.O.R.E

Elite Dangerous

Dead Island Definitive Edition

Alien Isolation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

Pity - with Gotham Knights being on Gmaepass, I was hoping Marvel Midnight Suns would come to PS Plus.

Advertisement