Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jj880

Reality Oasis guys seem to having some tech issues. Official live feed available here if they dont get it sorted:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Tempted to get the lot now, but gonna avoid buyers remorse and just wait to see

• what referral schemes (if any) show up
    • what the reviews for the Elite strap with Battery are like

Also it doesn't ship till October so I can afford to wait a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

I tried an earlier build of Duke 3D for quest 2 after supporting them on patreon.

Was good crack but it's a shame they didn't use the high resolution pack and make the 3d model of the guns move in your hands.

The guns just stay there statically.

As for the Quest 3 I'm not going to bite for a while because I'd really need a wider FOV than the quest 2 to make the upgrade worthy.

I think it's meant to be the same FOV as the quest 2?

Quest 3 is better according to Meta Connect. There is some debate on how to measure it accurately though with recommendations to wait until its reviewed by non influencer types post launch. Some good comparison specs available here:

https://www.uploadvr.com/quest-3-specs/

• Advertisement

For me it's the wider sweet spot that is most attractive. Hate that tiny spot that moves when u get really active and sweaty.

So the Portal 2 VR mod has been updated to support Co-op mode!

Do any PCVR players want to join me in the coop mode, which is separate to the story?

Theres a somewhat annoying video of 2 guys playing it here:

I promise not to be as annoying as these 2! 🤣

Completed the single player and co-op many times on PS3 and Switch. 1 of my favourite ever games. Dont have PC version though. Id imagine some parts would need an absolute iron stomach in VR.

I can't believe I haven't yet played it, and I own it on several platforms!!!

Oh boy. Im a bit jealous. Portal 2 is a masterpiece. Single player and co-op.

• Advertisement

It might be VR first this time :)

Same as Return to Castle Wolfenstein and RE4.. both of those I played first time via VR :)

I havea PCVR / SteamVR key up for grabs for the first to pm me.

It's for Zero Calibre.

Got it in the latest VR humble bundle but own it already:

Looks like a great game. I have a backlog of shooters Ive barely played (bonelab, ark and ade) and I got a key from you before so someone else can get this one.

Those bundles look like good value. Must keep an eye on them.

I randomly came across this video on Youtube. Never heard of the person before, but they seemed to cover everything in depth and compared it to Quest Pro etc and seemed like a very honest review. Said the FOV appears to be 15 degrees wider too.

I think based on this video alone I'm just gonna go ahead and pre-order it today

She must be Disco VR's cousin! 🤣

Ah the SideQuest lady! Didnt know she was called Disco VR on YouTube. She has a Quest 3 first impressions video up also with a few things she mentions for improvement but all round Id say its 90% positive and she recommends buying.

and so do I !!!... damnit more waiting ;)

The price of the case is a bit mad at €80 so just going to pick up one from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,241 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Caved in myself yesterday after debating about it over the last few days. Not happy about the extra for the storage (128 is too little, and the increase for the 512 is too much), but might offload one or two other headsets lying around to justify it in my own head. The improvements over the Q2 just about get it over the line but it's a close one.

Another set of VR lenses to line up as well adds to the cost, but definitely holding off on the Elite strap, until the likes of BoboVR have revealed their options later in the month.

I got an elite strap with Quest 2. Wasnt impressed so I returned it. Quest 3 has bigger side panels so maybe the meta straps will be sturdier but for the price I think a better 3rd party strap can be had.

Aye. TBH, I did have one Elite that cracked and had to be RMA'd, but didn't have any issues with an Elite+Battery (still gets the odd use), but unless they are substantially better, I'm not sure the 150 euro price point is justified compared to the far more plentiful options that have appeared over the last couple years.

Still might be the end result, as the standard straps can only be tolerated for so long, but worth holding off for the time being.

• Advertisement

Aye I just decided to keep it simple and keeping it all Meta this time... the Bobo offerings won't work for me as I don't like Halo headstraps

I still have the Frankenquest setup on my Q2, so I'll prob use that one while my gf uses the Q3 for sessions of Walkabout etc, I'm not ready to move the Frankenquest to another headset yet

I was tempted to include the case and hand straps, but then I realised the price of the case was crazy.. and also the hand straps didn't work with the wrist straps, it was an either/or with those.

So I'll just get a cheap case on Amazon, and wait for 3rd party grips.

100% on the case. 80 quid sounds very, very high. But at least you know it'll fit, which can be a bit of a hit or miss with early 3rd party jobs (PSVR2 ones were a joke).

It's still probably close to twice the price it should be though, so feck that.

Got a 30% off email so bought Virtual Desktop. What an absolutely amazing streaming tool. Light years ahead of airlink. So smooth and customisable. Walking Dead looks and plays great with it. Will make the effort now to get through a large portion of the game. Id say once I get 20 or 30 hours into it I'll start enjoying it. Especially with how it plays through virtual desktop. The movie streaming also. Amazing. Could be finished with the cinema now its so good.

Some 3rd party options appearing. Apparently these (Moslalo) were sold as NordQuest and Leesooy brand for Quest 2 and were a good buy. Might be worth keeping an eye on reviews over next few weeks. Generous battery size for the price.

For BOTH headset and the new strap arriving at the same time

Psyche!!! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paulie13

Got the same. Does anyone know where they're shipped from for Ireland? Seriously hoping that delivery date of the 16th is way off!

UPS seemed to say the label was created in Netherlands

My Quest 2 came from Netherlands 2 years ago using oculus.com. UPS. Very quick though. 2 days max.

Ordered big package shipped with UPS just last week. It also had to clear customs. Had it in less than 2 days 👍️

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement

Advertisement