Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 frequent lurker

Well done.

I didn't get it and not surprised as I felt I didn't do well in the interview. Annoying thing is the competency I failed on I actually felt was the stronger part of the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭countyireland12345

I also passed. I am absolutely thrilled. Well done to everyone else who passed, and commiserations to those who didn’t get the result they wanted this time, at least it’s practice now for next time.

There have been a couple of batches before now. Where have you all been placed? I’ve heard of DCEDIY and DSP, but not much else.

Have people expressed an interest in a Department to PAS and has it been fulfilled? Is there any skills matching?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭res1

Well done to you all.... its a long and sometimes heartbreaking process at the best of times....Heres hoping now that those of us on the lower chain will now be assessed and maybe called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ladysmith

I got through, delighted. Well done to all who passed and commiserations to those who didn't, hopefully you will get it next time. It was my second time to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 curtains22

Your interview results will hold for the location which is your first preference so you won't have to interview again. When you might get word on your first preference will depend on the number of vacancies and demand for your no 1 location but if you email pas they might be able to give an indication. Someone posted a few weeks ago here about, locations and qualifying numbers for the last batch of interviews. Dublin was 1111 and over but Meath and Kildare were a bit higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 redguywhy

Does anyone know what panel or number on the panel they’re currently working off? I think this most recent interview round was batch 2.2 for Dublin. Are they on the panel for 2.1 yet? Just trying to figure out how fast or slow things might move.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Mumof220122016

Mine was for Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

I am delighted, I finally made through. Third time the charm.

I emailed PAS to enquire how many people are ahead of me and I will share when I receive their reply.

Congrats. So what does that actually mean? Is the number of people ahead of you not your own OOM less one? Will PAS confirm they will proceed with the InterD panel before the Open one or something? TIA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 BigElmo

Generally they give you an OOM for your batch only, so there is an unknown number of people ahead of your batch's OOMs.

Exactly. At this stage we do not know how many people are left from batch 2.1 to be appointed before they move onto my batch 2.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FlexBrowne

I made it through. Few times trying. Made it to an Internal AP panel but it expired without getting a post. I'm on the Wexford Panel now....

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FlexBrowne

Me too. In Waterford but would take a post if offered!

I think this is the first Wexford panel, the others were for Dublin, Meath & Offaly so hopefully not too many in the queue!!

Post edited by Mumof220122016 on

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EO2019

Wexford had a panel from July but I think it’s moving fast.

Reply from PAS:

All candidates from the batches ahead of yours have been assigned or are in clearance. We should begin the clearance of batch 2.2 later on this week.

Great news thanks @agnena

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Anybody know if they are planning on taking more from the persons who passed the initial tests?

I am in a similar position to the last competition and I was called to shortlisting and interview that time.

I'll be disappointed if they don't go any further down the list of people who passed the tests. Im hoping to get AP after about 15 times applying !

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Given the demand for staff at all grades across the CS, I would imagine they will call several more batches.

There was just over 2 weeks between batch 2.1 getting interview results and batch 2.2 being contacted about shortlisting, so I'm estimating we will hear by end of next week about a new batch. Guessing, but somewhat educated guessing :)

• Advertisement

This great news! Can I ask are you on the Open or the InterD stream?

Thanks Agnena. Which email address did you use for PAS? I emailed the clearance address to ask about movement on dublin panel but no reply so far.

I emailed PAS to check about Wexford panel & was told -

“All candidates from the batch 1.1 have been assigned-We work slowly through regional panels, so it could be a number of weeks before your position is reached”

For anyone waiting on Dublin, PAS have said they intend to hold interviews in Q4.

PAS.....😂😂 That really narrows it down 😂 are we not in Q4 ??

I am on both the open and the interdepartmental panels and this morning I received something that looks like the start of clearance process for the interdepartmental position for Dublin. It also states that PAS doesn't know when an open position will come up (should I refuse the interdepartmental one). There is nothing in the email with regard to the proposed Department. Is that right?

Haha yup, I guess they just mean in the next few weeks or months rather than 2024.

Might just mean you moved faster off the inter. I understood that departments had to pull from each equally but sometimes between internal/inter and open comps the ratios can get out of line..someone else might be better informed. I would imagine you did not get a Department because they may just be getting you ready in clearance and will have no idea what dept will pull you yet ?? again someone else may better informed all just guessing.

• Advertisement

PAS sort clearance first and then once that has been approved and references submitted, you are then offered a position and you have a certain length of time to accept or reject it. The Inter panel probably moves a lot faster, would be great to hear if anyone on the Dublin Open panel gets called for clearance this week or next.

Advertisement