Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That's obviously useless local management. Set at least one mandatory day for each functional group and then the rest of the week can be flexible

Bringing bikes and escooters on to public transport at rush hour..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Keir Starmer.

It's like AI had a shot at making up a human name and failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's like AI had a shot at making up a human name and failed.

FTFY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

This often happens in pubs particularly the later it gets. Scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you've a day off from work and it's nearly lunchtime, and the news is terrible, and you still have to clean the jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This week will just be a gigantic TA & a pain in the sweet fûcking hole

1) woken earlier at 7.40 by my deaf neighbour doing the gardening. brushes and shovels and assorted tools bashed against walls, scraped over the paving, noise made is enough to drive a corpse mad . Guy used to working nights but he needs to factor in that doing that especially with his hearing deficit isn’t cool. A real nice guy which is 😝 because if I hated him it would be easy to make his life suitably difficult but….

2) later in the week I’ve workmen coming to paint the interior of my place ( it needs it )… but I’ve about 6 hours work myself to take stuff off shelving etc that will all have to be boxed and stored away. Got the boxes but haven’t started the process of packing stuff away. I’ve a wall mounted TV / satellite box, artwork, PS5, hifi thing, record player, loads of old DVDs, records and CDs on shelving and it will be 🙇🏻‍♂️

3) have to go get my flu shot and covid booster, at least I’m booked in.

4) I’m supposed to be organising and booking a holiday, when I’ll have time, 🪄. Anyone’s guess. It was THE priority but now down the list..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

The rugby anthem "Ireland's Call" boils my piss every time i hear it at the start of international rugby matches......it's a dreadful song. Come to think of it, "Zombie" and "Celtic Symphony" are now starting to fall into the same category of piss boiling territory when all the sheep in the stands get going on it....

Vicious cycle though.. starts with one person being an animal and then everyone else just has to live with it. It's not like everyone would do the same thing. I always lift seats but I certainly don't nor should you expect me to lift a seat covered in someone else's piss.

• Advertisement

As I get older I prefer to go while sitting down. So I have to wipe the wet seat clean which means everyone else benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Why would they lift the toilet seat and get someone else's piss on their fingers and use the same unwashed hands later licking the red sauce off their fingers while munching on a snackbox at 3am?

Maybe I am unlucky…. But sparkling water 500 ml bottles. No matter which brand I buy, they all seem to have a much weaker fizz than normal.

Use some toilet paper, don't touch with your bare hands, duh.

Celtic Symphony is less about having the craic and more about trolling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Not trivial but don't think it warrants its own thread.

I had a flight cancelled (ATC problems) back in August coming back from a 3 day break. Managed to get home via a very circuitous and uncomfortable route but only a day later than planned.

I made a claim off the travel insurance for some of the out of pocket expenses, they tell me the claim is void as the trip was longer than 35 days! What sort of egregious bullsh!t is this?! Asked them to look at it again. If I don't hear from them by this evening I will generate a new claim.

I don't need this crap as I've got one of those ambulatory blood pressure monitors on right now! (More TA!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The D4 media telling 20,000 football/rugby fans not to do something will only have one outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm like a bag of cats. Aside from the chronic shoulder pain and the fact that I haven't slept more than about 4 hours a night in almost two months, I got no lunch today, my dad is getting on my last nerve and my mother just told me I look - direct quote - haggard.

Tomorrow's going to be a shıt-show in work because of the Budget and I'm just not here for it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The needy bastard fúck everyone else mob…

the slip road in the park, from parking to exit, , only wide enough for one set of vehicles… so there are traffic lights at each end… needy bastard driver on seeing a pal, stops, winds down the window, two lads gazing at each other lovingly, 12 inch wide smiles and start yapping, the entire road at 5.45pm is blocked, cars are having to go two wheels on the grass verge to pass, about fifteen of them, two cars sound a horn which doesn’t even register… they scrape past…the two gimps are there yapping for 3 or 4 minutes… until a big Merc comes that doesn’t want to get its tires dirty or clip the gimps car or scuff it’s belly on the grass mound.. he holds the horn, for 10 seconds.. the conversation continues unabated and then a few seconds later they move off… your man needy baśtard #1 passes me walking with the biggest happy idiotic grin going, like his 4 minute conversation was akin to winning the lottery… a fûcking weird assed and inconvenient pair of fûck pigs, that particular generation idiotically weird, needy and completely selfish to what others are requiring..aka a safe a convenient passage home.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I keep on looking for the green/red cap to put on the milk bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Waking up desperate for the loo 30 minutes before the alarm is due to go off.

Even worse is when it's your husband and you're a light sleeper.

I really hate complaining about good weather but my home office is south-facing and I'm blinded and roasting on sunny afternoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Loitering people. There's a smoking area in the pub and most of the regulars smoke outside the entrance, yet one smelly looking git insists on standing directly opposite my flat in the entrance to a car park a few doors down from the pub. I'm going to give him a belt one of these days to get him to clear off from there and loiter/smoke somewhere else.

Or follow him to his midden and stare into his living room window smoking a joint for fifteen minutes a day every afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah some of these lads really couldn't give a **** about the result

Only over for the bants and insta posts

After a bad result I go into an inner rage that I come out of about an hour later. These lads would just back on the piss and start dancing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Hmmm time for me to post a link to a song with an incredible guitar track in it ...

Seahorses - Blinded by the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Archeron

I had that problem during the first summer in covid because my desk (repurposed wardrobe) was in the conservatory. I only thought after about those car window blinds for baby seats. I think they stick on with a sucky pod so could be moved to follow the sun. Block the glare at least.

TA that during that hot summer I did an interview in that sweltering room over teams. I wore a shirt and tie and nearly died of heat exhaustion. I lost about two kilos in sweat in that hour and I didnt get the job. I suspect looking like you're having a massive heart attack during the interview is what they call a red flag.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

When you live in the UK but love visiting Europe.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I downloaded an app called ball sort . It a simple game, but l’m stuck on level 101 😡

My Dad is agin Netflix in the strongest possible manner for reasons none of us have ever been able to figure out. Like, he has never paid for it and we're pretty sure he's never even watched anything on it.

Anyway, my folks had been happily watching the Taylor Swift documentary Miss Americana for about an hour or so there - he loves Taylor Swift - and he asked my mam why there were no ads. Cause it's on Netflix, sez she, and he literally got up went "Netflix??? For god's sake!", then stormed out and has been sulking up in their room for the past half an hour. The man is clearly insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sorry but I burst out laughing at that 😬😬

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement