Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• I often wonder how it doesn’t happen quite frequently in airports around the world as it really is a free for all at the carousels. There’s never any validation required for anybody to pick up anybody’s else’s luggage, and having it in place would lead to huge queues and inefficiency. I generally have manky looking luggage that nobody would want to claim in 100 years, and tbh the most valuable commodity (to me) within is invariably stoma supplies as it is so hard to get the right ones in many destinations. The clothes I bring are pretty worthless, never bring Jewellery or electronics in hold luggage.

One time I took the wrong bag off the carousel, it had been almost identical to my own. I was travelling with my elderly mother from Tenerife and was focusing on getting her bag more and making sure she was ok.

Wonder what exactly was in whacker’s baggage? I remember as an 18 year old travelling with my friend to Bornholm on the night ferry from Copenhagen (there’s a book of same title) and she and I noticed we were sharing a cabin with a third person who had left their big clumsy sack of a bag on one of the bunks. I said “wonder who we are sharing with?” Label was a Danish name, as far as we could make out it was a male mane, but not being overly familiar with Scandi names we weren’t too sure, as some women’s names appear quite masculine. My friend said “let’s take a quick peek… looks to me like a man’s bag!” We eased the zip back a little, saw tons of shot wood planks & carpentry equipment. “It’s a fella! Wonder what he’s like! In Scandinavia they seem to put stranger men & women together”. An hour later a slightly inebriated blond lady, aged about 35, came in and said good evening in Danish, then English. Turned out she was bringing some DIY items from a Copenhagen hardware store to the island where she & her husband lived as the local hardware didn’t quite have what they needed for a little project. Besides, she enjoyed shopping weekends in Copenhagen and always liked meeting young backpackers like ourselves. We were stone sober, no way could we afford the prices of local booze on our very tiny salaries.

• I often wonder how it doesn’t happen quite frequently in airports around the world as it really is a free for all at the carousels. There’s never any validation required for anybody to pick up anybody’s else’s luggage, and having it in place would lead to huge queues and inefficiency. I generally have manky looking luggage that nobody would want to claim in 100 years, and tbh the most valuable commodity (to me) within is invariably stoma supplies as it is so hard to get the right ones in many destinations. The clothes I bring are pretty worthless, never bring Jewellery or electronics in hold luggage.

One time I took the wrong bag off the carousel, it had been almost identical to my own. I was travelling with my elderly mother from Tenerife and was focusing on getting her bag more and making sure she was ok.

Wonder what exactly was in whacker’s baggage? I remember as an 18 year old travelling with my friend to Bornholm on the night ferry from Copenhagen (there’s a book of same title) and she and I noticed we were sharing a cabin with a third person who had left their big clumsy sack of a bag on one of the bunks. I said “wonder who we are sharing with?” Label was a Danish name, as far as we could make out it was a male mane, but not being overly familiar with Scandi names we weren’t too sure, as some women’s names appear quite masculine. My friend said “let’s take a quick peek… looks to me like a man’s bag!” We eased the zip back a little, saw tons of shot wood planks & carpentry equipment. “It’s a fella! Wonder what he’s like! In Scandinavia they seem to put stranger men & women together”. An hour later a slightly inebriated blond lady, aged about 35, came in and said good evening in Danish, then English. Turned out she was bringing some DIY items from a Copenhagen hardware store to the island where she & her husband lived as the local hardware didn’t quite have what they needed for a little project. Besides, she enjoyed shopping weekends in Copenhagen and always liked meeting young backpackers like ourselves. We were stone sober, no way could we afford the prices of local booze on our very tiny salaries.

• what is wrong with this fookin site, I have a draft I can’t get rid of, let’s see if I can post this simple moan post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Hover over the upper right corner of the draft, see if a little x appears. Otherwise upsticks to X

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Ahhh butter's I think you might have misjudged, the salt of the earth , as being a good for nothing thief,

Didn't man of the people, with working class values AWOL Joseph Duffy, advise people when there there was problems with baggage in the airport to ask people to have an ol route around in the baggage to see if they could find luggage with name tags to return, to the person 😏🤔

I think butters you should find Salt a da earth lad appologise, and buy him some of the finest Dutch gold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭Tow

Female trades women

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Sure if you wurk in RTE 800 euros is nothing to get de leaking tap fixed.

So Joe is still on his mini holidays.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Today, Mrs Hannon still steering us through the storm, new week new ball of sheite topics...

• Chronic shortages of priests, there may need to be funerals without actual priests. What could possibly go wrong?
    • Caller with a stammer.
    • Woman caller had to have a shower fixed, called a plumber out and was quoted €800 to fix it, she got another puntereen plumber to fix it for €200. Are wimmin thought of as easy to get one over so to speak?...If it was me and it was an electric shower I'd have went with neither option and would have instead replaced it with a newer model, likely all in for €450-€500 and not a whistle of faults on the horizon for 5 or more year. The older models make your bathroom sound like the engine room of a rusty Soviet trawler.

• Advertisement

This Joe's fourth week off in a row, 🥱😏🤔

When Kevin said he was going to sort things out at Rte,I thought it was going to be more accountability, not more Holliday's 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Mini break???

Ridiculous from Lord Lard of Dollymount

I missed the promo - is the same dullard as last week presenting?

Joe has the first issue sorted anyway.

Irish Padres should adopt de German system. if you opt out of de Catholic Tax you don't get da sacraments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

Yes. It appears KT is getting the On Air Allowance again this week.

As people said earlier, how guards are useless,

My parents dogs were attacked badly in their own yard,

They saw the dog on camera, and going back into house,

Neighbours more or less told them to fcuk off,

Went to guards, couldn't have been less interested, told him, I'm just letting ye know and the neighbours if i see the dog roaming around I'll deal with him,

Guards said i would be in trouble and if it was down to him he'd feed them blue sausages, ( rat poison)

Not sure if it's guards are useless or they know that the system is not there for honest people

M

I wonder does she stay in the RTÉ canteen after Liveline until her tv show at 10.35 this evening, she could take control of the pool table in the downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Mary Lou giving Brian Dobson a bloody nose on News at One just there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

It's rare that I get a chance to listen to the news before Liveline but just heard the presenter (Brian) actually question his guest (Mary Lou McD), it reminded me of how good radio 'could' be if presenters/journalists did their jobs. It was only a few seconds but it was enough to remind me that it's possible at least! Unfortunately listeners tastes have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭calculator

• Advertisement

• Missed de promo… to get plumbers an dat I use the app Your Pro, have got tradespeople quickly & willing to do small jobs, often a list of them to choose from.

• Is Joe sick or what?

• Mary Lou didn’t like it either, but he remained good humoured.

• They know the system isn’t geared for honest people.

• That stupid advert about mental health is the state’s idea of care for seriously unwell people.

M

This wasn't on the promo, whoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Has Fathead been sacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Oh jaysus, kay tee is flying the plane again this week….

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm going to guess Joe extended the breakeen a couple of days because tomorrow is Budget Day.

• Advertisement

• Our government couldn’t care less about the vulnerable

Advertisement