Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Gear Ordering and Management

Options
  • 08-10-2023 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how ordering of club gear operates in other clubs:

Are you subject to a minimum per item order requirement and what is it ?

What do you do when members order and pay online and this minimum is not met ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Often there is a minimum order but it's item dependent. Typically our treasurer send out an excel sheet, gives it a fortnight, merges them and then makes a call if the club will subsidise items that don't meet the minimum or not. Sometimes he will order excess on items that are likely to sell to meet the minimum.

The online shops are probably easier but I am not sure if they can give this option or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

With the online shops you order and pay up front. Last time the club made it up but you can see already that it's buying some gear that could be hard to resell to members down the line.

We held old club gear stock before and it ends up either being moved on cheap or in the bottom of an ex committee members wardrobe somewhere (or binned).

If the club refuses to make up the minimum then the members orders would need to be partially or fully refunded. Has this been done before ? Is it a smooth process ?

In recent years the club has become cashless which is great and it would be nice to be able to become gear less too.

Given that most shops only open once or twice a year and order turnaround time, I get the advantages of stocking summer jerseys but knee warmers, winter jackets, gloves, arm warmers...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Verge will let you order personal items when club shop is closed once postage is paid or at least they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

Yeah we were with Verge, switched to another crowd, name escapes me, but heard yesterday switching back Verge and the one of the reasons is "no windows" for orders, can order anytime. Most suppliers just have 2 "windows " one for Summer kit and one for winter kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Our club uses Velo Revolution - It's two windows (as mentioned by secman) and there are minimums but I think it's items rather than sizes. Far less going with the kit secretary anyway - all paid online, and then posted to home address. As a club member - far easier posted to me than trying to arrange collection.

I find the shorts a bit short on the leg, but then my venge boards one's are similar, so might just be my body shape - The vr speed suits I have in the same size fit fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

What is the min order with Verge ? We are with Roca sports so Sportful clothing and love their online shop as everyone deals with their own orders - min of 10 of any item needed to get an order through so I usually do an excel up first to confirm we have people going to order the items and then once I see 10 I say now go ahead and order bib's , jerseys but hold on jackets if we dont have the 10.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I could be wrong but I don't think its a minimum order, just that if you don't get over a certain amount, you get charged a lot more.

That would suit us better, very small club - we only managed to get 10 of jerseys/bibs for our last order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Verge change their ordering arrangements this year it used to be windowed and bulk orders now you place an order direct with Poland factory and it's shipped directly to your address. No minimum order amounts. I'm not a huge fan of verge but hard to beat that system.

That would really suit us, we did 2 kit orders with them but I had some complaints from members on the quality of chamois so we swapped - how are others finding the verge bibs ?

• Advertisement

I only have the tri suit and it's grand and any issues they're quick to make right. Boards kit used to be verge at one point and I wasn't mad on it but I believe it has improved a lot since then.

I only ever order the tri suit but lads in the club have the cycling kit and they think it's grand. I'd like to try velo revolution as I have some of their kit but the minimum orders are a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Verge bibs are savage, best they have been in years for me. They can’t be faulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

Slightly ot post here.

I've bought from the Verge bargain bin before, and for the price you can't argue with the quality. However, I noticed that they offer various club jerseys at a reduced price (either samples, or stock that was ordered and not paid for, I suppose). Question is, is there a market for such jerseys? I had the impression that it's considered bad form to wear a jersey from a club you're not a member of

Post edited by cletus on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

"I had the impression that it's considered bad form to wear a jersey from a club you're not a member of"

I have 2 Summer kits and a winter kit from a club I was a member of in Dublin, as I am based in a different county at the weekend, I shifted them down there and use them on solo or non club spins, rather that than waste them, but i'm fortunate have that option 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

I suppose in that scenario, at least you were a member when you bought the gear

Yes at least you were a member so your covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Yes Velo is a minimum of 5 per item and sizes don't matter

Advertisement