Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭wassie

As @ForestFire posted - Amazon is actually got good choice for the Pixel 8. I ordered a clear case and 2 screen protectors for less then ten quid (£).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Mine is split, phone due 12th, watch is now start of November, but I ordered last night with watch coming in and out of availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Ah. I ordered like the second pre-orders went up so probably why mine are coming together

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Checked with the Vodafone shop. Their expecting pricing to be released on the 11th and available to order on the 12th. Hopefully the watch will be available with pre-order!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MarsyB

Cheers, watch is definitely available in preorder they showed me some internal papers saying that the pixel 8 and pro come with a free gift when bought 12th-16th.

However I say we may have to wait a month for it.

• Advertisement

If you decide to buy a blue, white or black pixel 8 pro. Does the colour of the phone have to be the same as the watch? I don't know if I should buy the white or blue pixel 8 pro 🤷🏻

Should have your choice of colour depending on stock. I orders the black phone and could chose any colour watch with it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Rang VM today. They confirmed that they will be selling the phone. Not up on website yet. Based on their pricing (upfront + monthly repayment) Pixel 8 is working out at €889.

Based on that, and the fact that if you go with Three you risk getting a locked phone and have to wait for a month or two to redeem the gift, I went and ordered direct from Google.

Undecided on keeping the Buds, so figure it's better to get them now and possibly flog them before they flood the market.

There is no risk with getting a locked phone with Three. I don't know why people keep going on about it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm fond of Spigen cases. Tough Armor or Rugged Armor models especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I accidentally ordered a silver watch with an obsidian phone so it is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Had planned on a iPhone 15 Pro to replace my Pixel 6A but the more I think about it it's very hard to move from what I know.

The difference in price is a bit mad as well (although I don't mind paying the money) but €850 for the Pixel 8, Buds Pro and a Maus leather case compared to €1,240 for the iPhone makes it look a super deal. I'm not considering the 8 Pro as it's to big for me.

The only thing that's making me hesitate is the fingerprint scanner. I never had an issue on my Pixel 6 but I replaced that with the 6A when I dropped the 6 and needed a replacement quickly and the fingerprint doesn't register about 70% 9f the time.

What are the Buds Pro like? I have a pair of Samsung Buds for the gym and Bose QC35 for around the house so the Pro would be for out walking the dog etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MarsyB

To all you planning watch colours if you're buying somewhere other than the Google store your only options is black and champagne gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Check your emails guys, just got mine that it's been dispatched by Google.

Now is anyone interested in a Pixel 7 Pro and Pixel Watch 😅😅

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Dispatch email came through at 2:45am.

Because people want to be sure if they are going to drop the best part of a grand on a new phone.

This question has been asked a couple of times across a couple of threads (if anyone has bought a pixel from Three to confirm isn't locked) and no one has replied confirming they have bought one and they unlocked.

I tend to agree with you that they wont be, but I had a Thee customer service agent tell me otherwise which is why myself and others are asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Same 8Pro and watch arriving on Thursday by the looks of it.

Ordered on evening of October 4th from Google Store.

Got dispatch mail here too overnight. Though the package is still waiting to be picked up by DHL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Having been using a Samsung Z Fold all the way from a 1 to a 4 and switching to the 8 pro as I've never been happy with the cameras ever since I changed from pixels to samsung so looking forward to that and to see if I can cope without the media monster screen of the folds.

I haven't needed a screen protector in a few years so what are the current best brands you'd recommend? Thanks

• Advertisement

Any off Amazon are decent enough if its the plastic 'glass'. I find they get damaged easily and need replacing after about 6 months, so buy them in a pack of 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

I see the watches are out of stock now, I didn't want to pre-order until reviews come out to see how the battery and modem are.

If it reviews well I'll probably order, as far as I know Harvey Norman are the only store offering the watch free too, has anyone ordered with them?

What colour pixel pro are people going for?

I'm undecided between blue and white

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Blue for me, because I assumed it would be the least popular.

I went with black as I figured it would go with more case colours (the metal on the edges and camera bump are tinted to the overall colour)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Ordered Pixel 8 yesterday lunchtime. Got a tracking notification today, currently at Awaiting Carrier Pickup.

Waiting on carrier pick up on Pro in porcelain/white.

I was all set for blue but changed to white at the last min😟.

My thinking was maybe some colored transparent case could work with the white to have a new colour look.

Watch is not shipping until 1st Nov....but I don't like they have left a large cancel button still for the FREE watch. I'm in fear I'll press it by mistake 😭

Any ideas for wireless chargers that work at 23W min for this phone?

As far as I know, anything other than the Pixel Stand Gen 2 will be limited to 12w

Edit: From the Pixel 8 Pro product page "Wireless charging rates up to 18 W (Pixel 8) and up to 23 W (Pixel 8 Pro) charging with Google Pixel Stand (2nd gen) (sold separately). Up to 12 W with Qi-certified EPP chargers (sold separately). Actual results may be slower."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Just had a text from DHL saying delivery is estimated tomorrow.

Advertisement