Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on firewood....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Has anyone here actually bought the rathwood double pallet of hard wood, blocks how would it compare to say a 8x4 trailer load of blocks, also size wise, are the block all chopped to a similar size?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Just ordered a pallet there. I presume if you have a driveway they'll keave it there as opposed to out on the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

The guy who delivered to me had a tail lift and a pallet truck. Would think it would be handy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

They'll usually bring as close as possible to where you are going to store it, the stipulation is only there to cover them against people who expect or ask for it to be put in the shed.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

can anyone vouch for the quality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

Just placed an order from Rathwood for the €189 crate, thanks for the heads up here.

I placed an order with Rathwood last night and got a approx delivery date of 19th Oct, I’ve now just logged in to the customer portal to see that the delivery date has now been pushed out to the 14th November now, that’s crazy, I think I’ll have to give them a call tomorrow and see what the craic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,462 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Thanks for the heads up. Mine is pushed out another two weeks also, on top of the three weeks already delayed.

Time to cancel. Ridiculous service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Shouldn’t be cold until mid November anyway, forecast is 20* today

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Logs at the top from rathwood. Smaller pieces in general. Pieces at bottom left over from TJ O Mahony order last year.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭SteM

Yeah, I don't think we lit the fire until mid November last year, but the only worry I would have is that if an order has been pushed out twice and it's now due 14/11 what's to stop them from pushing it out again? Also it seems they're not even mailing customers to tell them, you have to login to the portal to find out.

I’ve just read this and had to double check my estimated delivery date, I thought it was this Saturday but it’s the 14th November! That is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I've gone from Oct 19 to Nov 10

If it gets pushed out again I'll cancel

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Have two pallets of oak on order from Rathwood (thanks to this thread). Just checked and delivery was 20th Oct but is now 30th of October. Really annoying. As others have said, if it gets pushed back again I'll cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I ordered two pallets last night and the exact same thing happened. Having said that when I was ordering the pop up was showing over 50 pallets had been ordered yesterday alone. I'm not in a great hurry for my order but if they push it back further than the 14th of November I'll probably cancel the interest free loan I have given them.

I'm glad I paid with credit card rather than debit card, after looking at online reviews I wouldn't be surprised if the firewood was cut from garden furniture returns.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Has anyone ordered from Monahan’s? Wondering what rhe delivery times are like, 1.2m crate of ash for €319, tempted to cancel Rathwood order and go with these instead

Ended up binning Rathwood and went for the ash from Monahan’s instead, they said it would be delivered by the end of the week or early next week. Will revert with some feedback once it arrives if anyone interested

Also cancelled Rathwood.

Adding 4 weeks (plus probably more) to the delivery time was taking the piss.

Exploring other options.

I got a callback from Rathwood this afternoon and they indeed confirmed that there is a delay in getting the timber into stock and that has led to everyone getting a later delivery date. They could not confirm if there might be further delays, all they said was it would all depend on their suppliers and it was possible. I decided to cancel as the way I see it, why should they have my money already while they arent in a position to tell me when I would have the blocks, it really isnt worth the hassle.

• Advertisement

Anyone who cancelled Rathwood orders, how long did a refund take?

Still waiting.

They said in the email it can take up to 10 days...

I've cancelled other non firewood orders recently. One was same day refund, the other next day.

Snail service with Rathwood.

Seems like they deliver and refund slowly! 10 days is ridiculous if it takes that long. Thanks for the reply.

up to ten days doesn't mean it will take that long, it depends on the banks not just the merchant

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

cancelled rathwood also, 5-10 days they say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

It can take up to 10 days for a refund via a PTSB card. I'd imagine other banks are similar timeframe.

Ordered from Monahan’s Tuesday morning and getting delivered tomorrow at lunch, happy with that turn around.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Can't see me using Rathwood ever again with this fiasco.

• Advertisement

It’s hardly a fiasco, a retailer got low stock because of a sale price, what’s happening around the world and you class this as a fiasco

mad with any bargain it’s worth a try but if you can’t wait for the restock then crack on 👍🏻

Advertisement