Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jey takes on Drew while Cody battles Dom and who is going to Smackdown

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems since the supposedly more enforced brand split, we've had more NXT stars and title matches on the main shows. I know it promotes the brand.

Funny hearing Ciampa and Natalya saying how they just sit in the back waiting patiently, considering this is an industry where people know you have to make your opportunities.

Speaking of Ciampa, are all members of The Way injured or something?

I see they went with one of their optional rules this week with the bell being rung after Nia attacked the non-legal member of the team. I've seen other times where the the ref saw but the match continued and it seemed it was only a DQ if the legal partner was attacked.

Is there a worse entrance theme to hear for an open women's challenge than Nattie's? I was reading it was supposed to be Tegan. On a side note I saw elsewhere someone say that when she called Becky a ginger witch, they expected Alba and Isla to come out. So out of curiosity I looked up and their last televised match was losing the titles in June.

To be fair how many times has Nattie faced Rhea now for the title, she gets "opportunities"

Nia build up as a monster, who can stop her, I'm surprised she didn't answer Becks open challenge

I think Cody or Jey should challenge Priest for his MITB

I did enjoy Cody winding Dom up about mami Rhea after Jey

• Advertisement

Yeah, seems she pulled double duty in India due to Becky not making it.

Omos and MVP attacked Cody at a Live Event, so likely his new feud

Not sure if it's due to her very rare appearances or her constantly changing her look, but don't think I would recognise Tegan if I wasn't told it was her. Of course I know she's the only one who has all those colours but outside of that I don't know. They do seem to be acknowledging that she was meant to be facing Becky last week. Will see now if she makes the most of this new opportunity. Hope she stays healthy.

They missed the opportunity with Drew to make the obvious comparison to Miz. Instead of making fun of his sword, comment on how he clearly has Miz sized balls.

Seeing Damien facing the four guys, I was wondering how he would do as a face now?

Setting up 8-man match for Fastlane? At first I thought maybe a traditional Survivor Series match.

Cody is a smooth mover in his suit

I'm guessing Cody, Jey, Sami and KO against TJD with McDonagh at Survivor Series

I do enjoy the brawling to end or open a show

Nia needs to stay away from a mic, Jade to debut to stop her?

Nattie needs to lay off the cosmetic work, good that Tegan got some Raw time and win

Tegan gets a shot at Becky tonight unless the baddest human Nia Jax takes them both out

Drew a guest again for Miz

• Advertisement

Becky injured so that title match off

I fear Chad Gable's push is gone, which is shame, was hoping he'd dethrone Gunther

Will Rhea be defending against Nia and Raquel at Fastlane?

Nattie helping Tegan

I wouldn't be against Shinsuke beating Seth

Johnny's return being treated like AJ's debut and not showing who it is for a few seconds.

Could Nattie be any more fake sounding? Just sounds really forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

long time since Nakamura was this intresting and would be a great Champion

cant say im a fan of these Make shift tag teams and then very likely winning the titles for a short period of time

would love another heel turn for Drew

Very good IC title match, was that Gargano return WWEs answer to Adam Copelands AEW debut. Thanks TNT for ending the broadcast when ye did

Damien has made no effort to cash in on a beat up Seth the past few weeks, waiting for Roman to return 😄

Becky vs. Tegan tonight for Nxt women's title

Will someone be leaving Raw for Smackdown for Jey or is that scrapped now he is tag champ again, will Adam give an update?

Becks getting Xia attention next

Lol at Rhea's piggytails but Shayna against Rhea given their Nxt history could be good, will it be a fatal four way with Nia and Raquel at Crown Jewel for the title?

GTS from Shinsuke

Seth can go better in heels than me, raided Elton John or Lady GaGa's wardrobe 😄

The slow full heel turn for Drew is done good

I thought for a moment KO might turn heel, glad he didn't, decent main event

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

GTS from Nakamura, nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't know if that's true, look in my eyes what do you see? 🤣

Excellent Raw, as weird as it is to say. The NXT title being treated as a secondary women's title on Raw works, it should be secondary even if it is Becky holding it and with Rhea not defending then it makes some sort of strange sense. Actually the women's division in general came out strong from this week. Seems like just about everyone got involved.

Some interesting developments and really like how the stories are tangling together. Can kinda see the hints of Survivor Series already.

Oh and Ludwig Kaiser vignette was random but found it gas, especially Owens just going 'what the hell was that'

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Best thing for Punk return is to get all the Anti AEW ballacks out of the way first

It will be very much a bigger version of his AEW debut when/if he comes out at the end of SS to stare Roman after the champion vs champion match (which itself could be epic)

• Advertisement

I assume it's Becky who's getting the lesser seen women some tv time.

I see they're still doing the background bits, with Drew and Rhea chatting/flirting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bronson Reed vs Gunther is an intriguing one next week, I foresee shenanigans. Tag Titles have never been as relevant to the WWE since the Attitude Era tbh, even if it is makeshift teams holding the belts. Presumably they'll main event again next week.

The way the world title defenses have been going the last few months, Drew could probably cut Seth in half with his sword and Seth would still retain the title😂

Screw that after Rollins recent comments I want Punk vs Seth at mania if he is actually coming back (not sure he is tbh I think WWE could be trolling tbh)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe he will debut in Saudi in November since they pay so much money.

Yes for me Punk vs. Seth is the money match with or without a title

FFS Cody and Jey already dropping the tag titles back TJD, why?

Is Cena and Knight going to get a tag title shot and reign, I thought Cena was gone again soon back filming

How can WWE keep Jimmy and Jey feuding until WM for a singles match payoff, I find Jimmy's storyline just not making sense for me

Looks like Gable's push is over back to comedy

Seth raiding Becky's wardrobe

Jade really getting the big deal big star treatment without any match

Tegan and Nattie for the tag titles, another random pairing

Drew's slow descent into madness is fascinating at the moment. His promo was really good. I'd love him to win at Crown Jewel but I don't think he will, I don't think that's the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Another strong Raw.

Really think the women's division is looking better these days.

Nakamura/Ricochet and Gunther/Bronson were awesome too. Definitely some interesting developments outside of that.

Tag title change was weird alright though, just so Cody could be face to face with Roman?

Presumably we're getting Cody and Jey VS Jimmy and Solo at Crown Jewel but would it not make more sense to be for the titles.

• Advertisement

Piper's ring gear reminded me of Awesome Kong's.

And what's with Tozawa's random appearances these days? He's also winning matches on Main Event against NXT guys.

Advertisement