Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Would you say the same thing to Ukrainians about their fightback against Russian occupiers? That they shouldn't fight back for fear of retaliation?

Its tantamount to admitting that bullies should always be let win and never stood up to. Israel have been murdering Palestinians indiscriminately for decades - should they just sit there and take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I was referring the post about the young Palestinian boy whose family was hit when Israeli forces fired on Palestinian fighters. Try to keep up.

Levelling city blocks is indeed another story but sadly is just another part of war.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Im still trying to make sense of that post.

The poster is literally defending Israel’s killing of innocents by saying sure it happens in war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Sky News - Michael Clarke - Military analyst. - https://news.sky.com/story/israel-gaza-war-latest-hamas-palestine-sky-news-live-blog-12978800?postid=6563843#liveblog-body

"The overwhelming military preference will be for Israel to launch a multi-pronged attack into Gaza, probably from the landward and seaward side simultaneously, coupled with an even greater intensity air campaign in the hours preceding zero hour.

Attacking in urban environments is always the most testing and destructive thing for any military force to do. The defenders have buildings and rubble to fight from; there are buildings towering above any tanks, and tunnels and sewers running below them. Cities are the graveyard of main battle tanks and most sorts of heavy equipment.

The initial breakthroughs must be made - dangerously - with infantry, and in this case will be accompanied by drones, electronic sensors, high-tech personal weapons and everything that can give the infantryman some advantage against the group of three or four defenders waiting just around the corner with an RPG (rocket-propelled grenade)."

Is there any indication of an organised armed resistance to the forthcoming?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

Incredible reading some of the genocide appeasors on here attempting to justify IDF actions in killing hundreds of children, men and women. Like something you'd expect Trump or Farage to come out with tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,980 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You mean the executed babies. The babies who were deliberately killed in cold blood.

Which we assume you condemn utterly and without reservation, whether or not they were beheaded or not?

Or did you forget to do that? Because all I see are faux concern in your posts about uncertain reports about beheadings. You seem to have jumped on the uncertainty about exactly how the slaughter occurred as a way of dismissing or nor engaging with what has already been established as happening.

You seem more concerned about these points, than the actual deliberate cold blooded executions of unarmed civilians, children and babies.

In fact absolutely zero concern for the deaths in themselves -but feel free to counter that with a link to a post where you do so.

The executions themselves are the salient point.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

What are you talking about? I never said the killing of innocents is right. It absolutely isn’t. Unfortunately though it is and always will be a consequence of war.

That doesn’t make it right of course. But it’s not anything close to beheading babies and raping and torturing women.

What Hamas is doing is something far worse and I think most of those trying to defend them know that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Not true , a public information programme by some left wing NGO would turn them into Soc Dem voters in a week

< Snip Misread Post! - Its early >

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭brickster69

The Arch of Titus lit up in Rome in support of Israel. Obviously the clown who's idea it was never read a history book about Titus.The very same Roman emperor who besieged Jerusalem as a General, massacred the Jews, destroyed the Temple and used it's treasure to build the colloseum in Rome?

Woops, easy mistake to make i suppose.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Been reading up on their paraplegic founder , his views were indistinguishable from ISIS for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Levelling city blocks is indeed another story but sadly is just another part of war.

So levelling city blocks is sad but fine because war? Seriously?

I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Everything that is happening is part of war because war has very little rules, it's brutal by design.

There is man made rules but they a roundly ignored when it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

The fact that reports of mass rape at the music festival have been retracted by media outlets and the reports of 40 beheaded babies are what one IDF officer told journalists.

Once verified I will be the first to condemn this barbarity but it’s always better to establish the facts first.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Nermal

It isn't 'equally disgusting'. Collateral damage is not morally equivalent to the intentional torture and murder of civilians. To take pleasure and rejoice in it is worse still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭rogber

I disapprove of both sides, find them both full of bigoted idiots who see only blame on the other side and not their own side. And this is reflected in the attitudes of their supporters around the world, who happily use one set of atrocities to justify another.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Hummingbird Project

As for the blockade being inhumane, I think people have it backwards. The best way to vacate Gaza is to prevent them getting the basics so they leave. It’s incentive to leave. However I do believe the bombing should have stalled a day or two to allow people vacate Gaza. It’s now starting to look like a slaughter there.

Personally, although backing Israel all the way up to this point, I think it is now looking like the bombing is some act of a dominant overlord like Russia slaughtering another people. Lots of families and children dying, there is no justification for that. I am therefore pulling back at this point and siding with Spain, Lux, Den, Turkey and we should be all calling for Israel to stop the bombing immediately.

"Gaza to run out of power around 12pm UK time

An update on the power situation in Gaza we brought you at 8.01am. 

Palestinian energy authority chairman Thafer Melhem speculated that the Strip had between 10 and 12 hours of power left, but that seems to have been a generous estimate.

We've just heard from Jalal Ismail of the energy authority in Gaza, who said the power will run out in just over three hours.

"The power plant will stop working completely today at 2pm (12pm UK time), due to the exhaustion of the amount of fuel needed to operate it," he said.

This comes amid a "total siege" enforced by Israel, which seeks to limit power, food and water to the entire Gaza Strip."

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-gaza-war-latest-hamas-palestine-sky-news-live-blog-12978800?postid=6563880#liveblog-body

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Of course I condemn the killing of babies, Israeli or Palestinian. Adults too for that matter.

However these reports are designed to excite emotions that lead to more killing.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Would you need a video to believe the baby killings are true?

But even if there's a video it could be AI generated because the Jews are good at technology, so you could dismiss that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Homelander

They literally, are not.

They are saying there's a difference between civilian casualties as a result of strikes on military targets in urban locations versus a terror attack that specifically seeks to murder as many civilians as possible.

If Israel really wanted to murder Palestinian civilians simply for the sake of murdering civilians, the death toll would be 100x higher already in Gaza.

That's not condoning Israel, supporting Israel, excusing or justifying Israel, now or historically. It's literally just fact.

Some people on this thread need to stop turning this into an incredibly childish debate where every single aspect of the conflict is black and white.

• Advertisement

How many more times?! I never said it was right, it absolutely isn’t. It’s a horrible consequence of war. But it doesn’t justify the butchery we’ve seen over the last few days.

Can you and others not just accept that what Hamas is doing, the atrocities they are committing, are not in any way acts of war but acts of terror which we cannot and should condone?

No one has retracted the reports of the deaths though of Israeli and Western civilians, children and babies.

I cannot believe you've just equated the Ukrainian armed forces with Hamas Jihadist terrorists.

Collateral damage - Disgusting language in itself. I am not however going to defend the actions of HAMAS in any way shape or form. I will defend however, the people who have been subjected to nearly 2 decades of imprisonment at the hands of the nation of Israel.

I appreciate you are entitled to your opinion - but industrial warfare brought upon a bit of land so densely populated is nothing short of genocide.

"Genocide, the deliberate and systematic destruction of a group of people because of their ethnicitynationality, religion, or race. "

Definition - https://www.britannica.com/topic/genocide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭crusd

I struggle to understand the mentality the sees the cruel and heinous killing of innocent people as a justification for the cruel and heinous killing of different innocent people.

Thank you, this exactly what I was saying. You worded it better than me perhaps.

This conflict is not black and white. It is not a simple as saying Israel Bad, Palestine Good.

A little less emotion and a lot more level headedness is needed in this debate.

Can you please share how someone living in Gaza would just leave? Just in case they are reading and looking to leave

Nope, no vague both sides.

Condemn the actual fact of the executions of the Israeli babies and civilians by Hamas in the recent attacks.

No whataboutery, no howevers, no both sides, no reservations.

Advertisement