Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Gold discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Rick off this afternoon - no presenter is filling in for him

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭alzer100

Wasn't listening to the end of Rick O'Shea's slot yesterday so I don't know if he mentioned being off today. I assume his absence was not planned, they don't seem to be able to get coverage of that slot at short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

it was budget day. He said before that he is not on during budget day as RTE need to use the "resources"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Glaceon

The studio presumably.

There are loads of other studios in the radio centre they could use.

Anyway the playout computer for automated shows would be housed in the Gold studio I imagine ?

• Advertisement

The attached file contains a photo of the studio that is dedicated to RTE Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭GSF

Just shows how old fashioned Rte is. Couldn’t they do a pre record? Anyway why is the budget such a big deal anyway. Most of it was leaked days in advance

Well Rick O'Shea is not on today either. He is still on the schedule but it could be down to anything. Hopefully everything is ok with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Listened back to the end of Monday's show on the radio player and Rick said he would be on at the same time on Tuesday

Maybe he has the lurgy and not budgetitis after all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

He's on sick leave, according to his social media.

So I wonder will Ronan still be handing over to Rick O'Shea when doing his last link at 10 mins to 1 o'clock?😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

"... I can see him outside setting up"

I thought RTE Gold would have handled the absence of one of their "live" presenters a little bit better. No announcement at all and no temporary fill in presenter, morale must be pretty bad in RTE.

Ronan obviously struggling with a bad throat but keeping going regardless. I’ve noticed it both today and yesterday. Maybe he’s recording a weeks worth of shows in one day?

Although he says at the last link that he will be back tomorrow with a clearer voice

Oh no, don't tell me... Vocal correction software?

Rte software can’t even play the right days tape sometimes - I don’t think they can fix Ronan’s sore throat

Doing all of those pre-recorded links is just too much for Ronan's chords.

Anyone else would have called in sick. Maybe he’s only paid by the show 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ZaK23-54

Will we ever know what the likes of Ronan Dave Fanning and Rick O Shea earn per hour for their shows?

€200 a show??

It probably all depends if you are self employed. But with RTE, even when your self employed... you may not be self employed.🙄

Ronan not sounding great again today - get well soon Ronan !!

gold doing a tv themed top 100 - music from tv shows, theme tunes and key moments in various series. Will they do an edit to reflect Matthew Perry’s passing when it comes to the Friends theme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Big fan of the Top 100's from RTÉ Gold but they missed a trick with the TV Themed one today (well so far anyway). Way too many songs that were used in TV shows and not TV themes themselves which would be really cool but would not last a full day. I know there are still 30 songs to go but I will be surprised if they change the mix of songs they've had since 11.

Not saying that the songs today are not good, but they could have split this Top 100 into 3, one for TV Themes, 1 for TV ads and 1 for songs from TV shows (but not the theme).

Post edited by ShaneOC on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I think "I'll Be There for You" would be in there anyway.

Nifty edit from Will just before the theme from Friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Seems like the Live Vault finished its run on Gold on Sundays at 6pm.

Dave Fanning takes over the slot starting with a Fab 50 from 1981.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Will there be 30 years of Fanning top 50s - one per week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ZaK23-54

Great to hear that Dave is on board At RTÉ Gold..

What about Mark Cagney another ex 2 FM ledge to join the team..

why is the 70’s show only an hour on Gold ..it just flies..and always has a few surprises

Advertisement