Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ultimately no as israel is blocking the egyptian border with aircraft in the air willing to bomb any supplies that come across.

so israel is the only one needing criticism as their closing of borders is about genocide and ethnic cleansing and land theft by forced expulsion.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Yeap, your response to Blanch is another example.

But it's weird in a post that has nothing to do with you, and where its been confirmed that a gruesome war crime has taken place, you make it about you.

The world doesn't revolve around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The border that Egypt doesn't want open because it doesn't want Palestinians.

Perhaps you and a few of the Hamas supporters can explain to me why Israel was generous enough to keep its border with Gaza open until last week and Egypt was not, and why Israel is wrong to close the border that a group of terrorists have used to massacre its citizens?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,743 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That's some thinking right there. If I throw stones at Mick Murphy and I hit four people standing behind him could I just say that it was bad shooting? With i get away with it? No I wouldn't. It's murder, wanton murder in Gaza but you know that already Blanch. I'm surprised at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Egypt could open its border to Gaza anytime it wants, but I guess it doesn't want 30,000 Hamas terrorists running around the place causing havoc.

So that was an open functioning border crossing last week?

Would you bring civilians into tunnels to lead them to safety when Israel, as has been mentioned already, is using bunker busting bombs?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

you are actually right.

hamas is an israely government and mosad created and funded organisation, funded and created to overthrow the PLO.

apparently netanyahu was involved in securing the funding for them in the 80s.

No it isn't and that wasn't the post you replied to yesterday. Own your posts and man-up.

• Advertisement

Murder and war crimes are not synonymous.

For example, the bombings in Omagh, Enniskillen, Canary Wharf, Manchester, Guildford and Brighton were definitely war crimes. However, while the Narrow Water ambush was one of the most successful of the PIRA operations, it probably wasn't a war crime. All were murders though.

Hamas supporters. You know me from the Sinn Fein thread. You know I am opposed to all violence and don’t condone any political violence. Yet here you are labelling me a Hamas supporter.

Hamas didn’t use a border crossing to attack Israel. They blew holes in the security perimeter and flew over it with gliders.

paul murphy and co already know where the problems in the middle east lie and who with.

because they actually deal in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

Hail to the poor dying Palestinian heroes. You remind me of those young Ukranians, except that the Ukranians are actually armed and fed and only suffering for five minutes in comparison to the Holocaust/genocide that has gone on since 1948 against the Palestinians. America and Israel, the world's greatest terrorists and criminals against humanity, will very soon be picking up the very heavy tab on their genocide against the Palestinians and so many others, around the world for so very long. So, Well done America and Israel, you got away with genocide since 1948.. But the bill is on the way ! The whole world can now clearly see exactly what you are, terrorists and criminals involved in the longest running genocide in history against the poor, un-armed, starving Palestinians in the largest concentration camp in history, the Gaza Strip and elsewhere. Yes, the Palestinians will die in hundreds of thousands. But it is a simple choice for them. They have less than nothing else to lose. America, all of you, have forced them into this death wish. You should all be very ashamed, but shame needs a moral compass, that Americans do not possess. It is not a war when American/ Israeli Imperialists conduct a Holocaust against practically un-armed teenagers, using the latest technology and killing toys like apache attack helicopters, Abraham Tanks, modern missiles and artillery designed for battlefield use, against teenagers with sling shots, stones, ancient rifles and pistols and a handful of kalashnikovs ? Why doesn't America tell the truth ? Why do Americans support the Holocaust against the poorest refugees in the world, in their largest and most vicious concentration camp in history, the Gaza Strip? It would actually be more honest for America to drop another un-necessary Atomic bomb on them, like they did on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, rather than continue with their awful lies and cover-ups for their genocide against the Palestinian people. What an example of the orchestrated lies and propoganda that America and Israel have spread about Palestine and Hamas for years. Most of the world know the sad truth. The American Empire and its thugs, the Israelis, have been conducting a dreadful Holocaust against the poor Palestinians since 1984. Up to now, their genocide was covered up by a compliant media. Now, the majority of people, especially in Arab States, Indonesia, Asia, Africa and South America are opening their eyes to the truth. The final reckoning is coming and soon.

Nah. What about deliberately starving them and refusing them water, medicine and fuel for the hospital generators? War crimes for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

As you well know there were 2 attacks on that crossing yesterday and people have been queuing there since Sunday morning. Any sign of my pro-Hamas post?

So it wasn't open, explain why Israel, which has just seen babies beheaded by terrorists coming across the border from Gaza should open its border and Egypt which just doesn't want Palestinians for no apparent reason should not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭nachouser

"At least 1,100 Palestinians, including 326 children, have been killed since Saturday, Gaza’s health ministry said."

See, that's the thing. One can condemn Hamas while at the same time thinking it's a bit **** that 300+ Palestinian kids have been killed.

• Advertisement

Did they cross the border???? Yes, they did. Should Israel tighten security and close up its border even more following an attack when under international law it is allowed to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Last week they knew this was coming

War crimes are intentional

Hamas leader lives in Qatar

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭beastfromtheEast

Israel and Hamas I don't care whoever murders innocent people are beyond evil.

I also fully understand there are innocent Jews and Palestinians.

One murder does not excuse another.

There are plenty of guilty evil murdering scum on each side also.

I have my own views on the political situation involved but that does not matter nothing excuses killing innocent people.

RTE 'The Red Cross has said five members of the IFRC network have been killed in the war between Hamas and Israel, including four paramedics as ambulances were hit today'. Terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭thereitisgone

As a civilian yes 100 percent when they are this good at building them, or maybe hamas dont like losing more martyrs

Where would you rather be in the apartment blocks or in the vast network of hamas tunnels

israel has aircraft in the air to bomb any supplies that come across the egyptian border, therefore they are the only ones responsible and the only ones who require criticism.

they aren't simply closing their border or any border, they are trying to starve the people as a method of genocide, ethnic cleansing and forced expulsion.

stating facts is not supporting hamas, it is stating facts only.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

So as your post even proves, he never said it. You are the one who says it refers to all Palestinians. And the genocidal language is your own interpretation of it.

Israel are not committing or about to genocide. Anymore than the Allies were trying to commit genocide when they blockaded Axis powers or laid siege to cities and islands.

If they deployed their full conventional military might, Israel could cause vastly more casualties. They are not doing so, and will not. And you know this.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,905 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Looks like Egypt is actually making an effort (with the US/UN) to possibly set up some sort of humanitarian corridor

Palestinians are already massing in the south of the Gaza Strip (hospitals, etc) so I'd expect a pretty massive exodus if a window does open

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

I ask any and all of you who can share my Palestinian friends message that I copied above as widely as you can. I tried to disseminate it on utube but all my messages are removed almost immediately as soon as I post them. Censorship and Pro-zionist news control is blocking any fair assessment of the facts. Please advise if you know of sites I can use to pass on the messages and requests for a chance to tell their side of the story.

He asks me to thank Ireland for standing with the Netherlands and Spain to overturn the attempt by the EU Commission to block EU Humanitarian funds for Palestinians. How do I do this, if not here, through all of you ?? Help me please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Longing

You must be joking.. I got as far as Hamas Hero's and that was enough for me.

Advertisement