Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I haven’t seen the evidence.

Quote this post and link the evidence please.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Augme threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭grumpyperson

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Hummingbird Project

This tweet from Von Der Leyen is in no comparable to the war in Gaza. War in Ukraine and the cutting off supplies food, water and gas there totally different and much more sinister than Netanyahu trying to clear Gaza to prevent humanitarian disaster. One (Gaza/Netanyahu) is designed to prevent humanitarian disaster, the other situation (Ukraine/Putin) is done specifically to target civilians and cause humanitarian disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Augme

*Posted this before I saw the threadbanned*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,519 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its amazing how according to the hysterics the Israeli's ONLY kill innocent women and children. A 100% rate like that is incredibly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In what circumstances are you ever going to see the evidence for yourself?

Given the nature of the atrocities?

Well?

Unless you want to look for it yourself in the dregs of the internet.

It will always be mediated through another party. It has been confirmed by President Biden based on confirned evidence. That is evidence in itself. Such a claim would not be made lightly.

If you wont accept that that is on you but as far as Im concerned Bidens confirmation makes it a statement of fact and anyone who says otherwise is an atrocity denier at this point.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭grumpyperson

There appears to be no evidence of the baby killing attrocity. It appears to be an effort to manufacture consent to starve over 2 million people to death that Netyapu calls Human Animals.

The Israeli terrorist organisation IDF have been murdering and plundering Palestinian's for a long time. I've no idea why you're pushing the USA narrative. Even Varadkar has pushed back against the proposed destruction of the Gaza power plant.

Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Who is saying that?

Would be pretty incredible to think they never take down one legitimate target surely. All the money they get/spend on defence, their intelligence agencies have taken a bruising after the weekend but surely they can still identify a legitimate combat target now and then!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Hamas started this. They started a horrible chain of events. It is an escalation of the status quo realities as bad as they may be. Hamas are fighting an unwinnable war. When you look at the various ways of resolving this or winning the war from their perspective it is unwinnable.

Therefore the only way of fighting is for the complete annihilation of the planet. No outcome results in them winning their land back. That’s not stubbornness by the west, it’s a calculation based on the militaries in this and the various regional and global escalation points if it escalates beyond regional conflict.

So the outcome is not possible for Hamas and you therefore have to call them madmen. At what point do you not value your own life over your belief in a piece of land or trying to prove yourself right beyond death and say I am going to take my family and make a better life for myself elsewhere.

Take your family and get out. The stubbornness of belief in history and nationalism is a form of mental sickness and we see it all too often and everywhere nowadays all over the world. Get out, make a life for yourself, never forget your loved ones but make the world a better place not a horrible warlike place.

Israel is going nowhere and never will do the war is not winnable for Hamas and Hezbollah. Israel will give them hope of starting another generation but if they don’t learn the lessons and start another war in another generation the same will happen again. Calling score on war crimes and oneupsmanship is futile in this situation.

Post edited by Hummingbird Project on

Well actual evidence from credible sources might help.

Not the USA where weapons of mass destruction in IRAQ proved to be a lie.

And thats it, just the truth and facts is what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

the weaponizing of imagined/concocted "atrocities" in order to demonize your enemy is an age old tactic. it makes it much easier to slaughter them once you've demonized them.

the Jews of all people ought to understand this.

Again - you wont ever see the actual evidence.

President Biden is a credible source. You are referring to something that happened 20 years ago under a different administration.

At this stage there is zero reason to doubt Bidens bona fides in this matter.

As far as Im concerned and I think the wider world in general is concerned this has been confirmed as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

RIP Kim

her mother grieves her dead baby tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

Hamas has 2 million hostages and an ideology that says they will get eternal life if they die in battle.

I don't see how they can be defeated.

Even if you were to take out each one they have indoctrinated some million children ,some of whom will carry on their fight.

I saw that the population of Gaza went up from 340,000 in 1970 to 2,000,000 now.(correct?)

Is that some kind of a policy or just a by product of social norms and living conditions?

I seem to remember Hamas (or was it the PLO ?) had a policy of using children/babies as "suicide" bombs a good few years ago.Just coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

A US President saying something makes it a fact as far as you are concerned!

Good to know.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

The atrocities have been confirmed as fact. More with every passing day.

The assault on the festival was an atrocity and it spread from there to whole families.

The Jews know? You mean the ones on the receiving end of the atrocitie

The dead know.

• Advertisement

They can’t win. That’s different from not being defeated. They won’t be defeated because Israel follows humanitarian law and will allow them to resettle and regrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

CNN interviewed a US Palestinian lady. You can hear the rockets exploding in the background constantly. She is so used to it that she doesn't even flinch

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

I saw a very good outline on youtube today.

It gave me a new insight into an ex Tory MP and Campbell. They can seem to communicate normally and deliver information when they wish.

I will admit to a degree of bias in favour of the Palestinians. I would not feel good being kept kettled in to a small area, in particular by having my home and land removed by a group adhering to a religion I would have little regard for.

If you have no freedom, no justice and no hope for the future, I can understand people turning to desperate measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

What will make Gaza so difficult to control is the religious fanaticism so entrenched there.

1500 dead jihadis in Israeli maybe as many again returned alive to Gaza and how many were providing unit support.

Thousands, all in. All presuming/hoping they would kill and die fighting and the big thing, Not one careless Whisper or text or blabbing.

That's discipline, that's the power of the fanatical theology.

Egypt needs to be told in no uncertain terms that the massive aid it receives is contingent on it opening a corridor and resettling the population of Gaza.

Earlier you were trying to discredit the eye witness testimony from the attacks confirming rape among other other atrocities.

Now it is glib remarks about the US President confirming the reports of atrocities with babies. Such confirmation would not be stated lightly.

What will your next denial be?

Why is it only the reports of Hamas atrocities you "just ask questions" about?

Any excuse to avoid accepting that Hanmas carried out those atrocities and condemning the atrocities.

They raped. They slaughtered. They mutilated. Deliberately. Civilians. Children. Babies. That is Hamas. That is how they fight.

That Hamas carried out multiple atrocities both in scale and victims is beyond doubt.

And your posts try to gloss over that and seem more concerned about these glib remarks and questions.

Not seeing the woods for the trees.

Good for other posters to know that I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Why should Egypt be complicit in Israel's ethnic cleansing and land seizure?

When Russia invaded Ukraine, there weren't that many loud calls for Eastern European countries to just make permanent room for the affected Ukrainians so that Russia could just have what it wanted.

This from the guy insisting a named woman was raped with zero evidence.

Do you believe everything politicians say or just US Presidents?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Hamas have no chance of fighting a war like Israel with a military as it has none. It is a complitly lopsided fight. For example Israel can inport tanks planes guns into its country. Hamas cant as what comes in and out of Gaza is controlled by Israel. Therfore they have to go gorilla and fight dirty.

Their reason for fighting is as legitimate as you can get... its for freedom. So it is gorilla warfare rather than terrorism.

• Advertisement

An eye witness? Is that the Israeli soldier, Raz Cohen, you said she was there as a civilian not a soldier? Is that her?

Advertisement