Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to get a thread ban overturned?

• 12-10-2023 11:45am

Hi,

I've been threadbanned from the thread "Hamas strike on Israel" in the Current Affairs/IMHO forum for abusive posting on Tuesday evening. I PM'd the mod concerned, @Ten of Swords querying the circumstances of the ban and then PM'd the relevant poster, @Augme , to offer an apology.

He/she replied back to me accepting it and also said they didn't think it was worth a ban and would offer support if I wanted to challenge the ban which I thought was quite decent of him/her. I subsequently PM'd @Ten of Swords again with this info. However I've had no response so I'm wondering can you guys take a look and see what can be done.

Thank you.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Augme

Just here to confirm all of the above. The OP has been a decent poster on the thread and I never felt their comment was worthy of a thread ban. Its a discussion forum, posters will disagree and might say things they regret in the heat of the moment. They had the decency to apologise to me and it was genuine and I'm sure they learnt their lesson. I can understand why the orignal mod took the position to ban them so im not criticising them either. Tough job, have to make those decisions quickly. I'm happy to lend my support to their thread ban being lifted anyway, for whatever its worth.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to the Helpdes, DRP doesn't cover thread bans, just forum bans and points based warnings. Thread bans are classed as moderator instructions and not something more formal and with a record, like forums bans and warning points have.

• Just a quick note to say this has been resolved. Thanks to all who posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement