Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I saw a photo of a completely charred baby in a crib over on Reddit/2ndyomkippurwar earlier today.

Do the photos you need to see specifically have to have decapitated babies or would a charred one do you? If so I can link you over.

I also saw a photo of a dead baby in a crib and you couldn't quite see if the head had fully detached through some blurring to protects its identity so not sure if that ticks your boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,389 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are you denying that Israel engages in war crimes? This is droll.

I bet you also believe Al Qaeda did 9/11 because "they hated our freedom." Drink more kool aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Do you seriously think the Provisional IRA happened in a vacuum? Of course they didn't. Neither do Hamas exist in a vacuum. They exist because of oppression. The more a people are oppressed, the more they turn to extremism.

Giving context as to why something exists is not an expression of support for something.

In fact Israel itself has continually primed Hamas. Here's Benjamin Netanyahu calling for the FUNDING of Hamas. Is he in any way to blame for this current awful situation? Hell yes he is. He should resign immediately not just because of his appalling security failures but because the below is genuinely treasonous towards his own people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Either it has been documented or it hasn't which one is it ,

It's been denials after denials we've all read the same posts over the last near week,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What are you blathering about?

The point is that you seem to think the treatment dished out by Hamas is the fault of Israel, when in fact throughout history people hate and kill for no real reason. From the Tutsis to the Armenians.

A group like Hamas hates, that is all. It doesn't matter now nice Israel is to them, they will hate and want to kill them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The fact you won't debate honestly the point you made, and the point I just destroyed just proves it's built on quicksand.

Whataboutism doesn't cut the mustard.

Ill ask again, do you think the Nazis wouldn't have had the Holocaust if the Jews were a bit nicer to them?

What proof are you looking for exactly

"i still have no proof babies were beheaded"

Photos or videos is that what you really want ?

Have you noticed nobody has disputed the number of deaths in Gaza why exactly is that ???

Laughable, so your position is Hamas did it 'just because lol' and Israel did absolutely nothing to provoke or stoke all this intergenerational hatred through it's own war crimes.

There seems to be nothing you have to tell me from here, I've gotten the fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,519 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hamas did it because they want all Israeli's dead.

No other whataboutery/apologies are relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

if true & verified then these are atrocities, there's no denying that.

i have not seen these photos, and i have no desire to see them either. no doubt we will be seeing plenty of pics of mutilated, burnt and starving Palestinian kids, which you can add to your collection.

• Advertisement

yes, and the civil war was just over states rights.

But, the states rights to do what?

Here, yes, they want Israelis dead, breaking news spoiler alert. That's just the tip of the Iceberg, go deeper: why do they want them dead? It's not Adrenochrome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The contents of that article makes you wonder about the US confirmation that Egypt warned Israeli officials of the looming terror attack, but that the warning was not acted on.

Netanyahu denies such a warning was received, despite US officials confirming that it was brought to the attention of Israeli intelligence and military officials. It's a bit of a stretch to think the leadership weren't made aware of its contents.

More denial ...

I thought nobody was denying it yet it's your opening paragraph

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Haha, you're hilarious, a moment ago you were only just asking for proof. Now that I say it's available, you change the goalposts. Can't make this **** up. Laughable.

I can't believe people like you are literally at the point where you are arguing that Hamas aren't animals that would decapitate babies, but instead they are good people who just shoot them in their cribs and burn them instead.

Seriously, talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I didn't believe for a second that Hamas decapitated babies. Sure rape and kill women and children, but not babies. They're not evil, right?

Neither the Israeli or US State departments have been able to verify this pervasive claim that they were beheading babies. The WH even went so far as to walk back Biden's remarks which seemed to confirm it, when they had no confirmation. But by all means, score all the internet points about it anyway, utterly tantalizing accusations right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

I'm as far from a conspiracy theorist as you can get, but I too have wondered.

I'd class Netanyahu as nearly as bad as Putin in terms of his obsession with power and his willingness to say anything and do anything to get it and maintain it, certainly as bad as Trump. Like them he's a duplicitous, evil bastard.

All funny ha ha, but facts matter and sure don't comforting lies make great excuses for future war crimes.

Clearly, there are people jumping to believe it's real beyond all doubt so they can excuse 'what's coming to them.' We're sure going to show the Palestinians how righteous we are, slaughtering hundreds and thousands of them for the sake of the beheaded babies. What's that, it was all a lie? I thought only Colin Powell told those... hey maybe we should verify something like that first before we get emotional with our guns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭supermans ghost

Never thought I’d be agreeing with you, but this is a very good point. When the peace people formed in Northern Ireland they did not take sides, it was all about stopping the bloodshed on all sides. What we are seeing in cities like London is the outpouring of hate for both Israel and Jews in general, I saw a clip from somewhere where they were chanting “gas the Jews “, that’s not people interested in peace.

No easy solutions I’m afraid, Both sides have an intense hatred of each other, Israel has been under constant attack since 1948 and is a state surrounded by Arab countries who at different times have tried unsuccessfully to drive them out , 6 day war and Yom kippur war, this coming off the back of the holocaust, it’s not that hard to see why they would overreact to an attack on their people, however we might prefer they would have exercised more restraint in their response.

The fact is Israel has powerful allies and the Palestinians apart from a few rogue states like Iran and the likes of organisations like BLM and individuals like Jeremy Corbyn (an anti-Semite thrown out of the Labour Party) has none. Why is that?

Even their own Arab brothers like Egypt etc don’t want them or support them in any meaningful way, something which a lot of posters conveniently ignore. They have never had a great leader or spokesperson, Arafat was corrupt and enriched himself at the expense of his own people. Unless they reject Hamas they are done for, because no civilised state will negotiate with a group that has the elimination of Israel as one of it’s stated aims, simple as, if they do that, then this would increase the pressure on countries like the US, UK and EU to do the right thing and get Israel to have proper dialogue towards a workable 2 state solution.

I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

The last Israeli PM having a heated interview on Sky

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement

No the white house did not roll back the claim, there has been nothing from the Whitehouse no statement,no documented post on social media or on Broadcasts

• Registered Users Posts: 23,519 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thats the necessary script. How else can they deny what is inconvenient to their agenda?

It never happened, and if theres proof I'm not looking, therefore I saw no proof, therefore didn't happen since I saw no proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

People need to ask themselves a couple of simple questions, if you had it in your power to stop the slaughter of the innocents on Saturday would you stop it?

Now ask yourself if you had it in your power to stop the slaughter of the innocents in Gaza now would you stop it?

If the answer to both those questions is yes then you are a good decent human being, if it's not then i guess you'll have to live with that.

All human life is precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,681 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Except that there have been a whole heap of posters and posts on this thread who have repeatedly only focussed on the bad deeds of Israel.

What Israel is doing is horrific, but what was done to the children of Israel last Saturday is beyond horrific, just the music festival alone, not even thinking about the babies.

And we have had posters on here talking about sending the Jews back to where their grandparents came from, an astonishing level of ignorance, we have had the posts that talked about what Shani was wearing, we have had the posts trying to distinguish between whether the babies were beheaded, disembowelled or shot in the head. We have had the posts defending the pro-Palestinian protests and Twitter flags, which, let's remember went up on Twitter after the Israeli babies were killed and before any retaliation occurred.

The atrocities committed by Hamas are right up there with the worst the world has seen.

Again you claimed the "The White house" rolled back the claim they have no made any statement, in the evidence posted earlier the first paragraph said that the Whitehouse made no comment about it ,

But unnamed sources said so , unnamed sources isn't the White house or the President

• Registered Users Posts: 40,000 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

People need to ask themselves a couple of simple questions, if you had it in your power to stop the slaughter of the innocents on Saturday would you stop it?

Now ask yourself if you had it in your power to stop the slaughter of the innocents in Gaza now would you stop it?

You'll have to ask Netanyahu those 2 questions as it has started to sound like he could have stopped both.

The more pertinent question would be why he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Why don’t you explain why you have claimed Shani Louk was raped with no evidence?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Why was she undressed exactly.....

Deny deny deny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,681 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Hamas did it because their objective is to wipe Israel and the Jews from the face of the earth - from the river to the sea.

And when they are finished with them, they will be coming for the rest of us. Nothing like religious zealots on a crusade to eliminate the heathens.

Advertisement