Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

We have, and he's utterly unable to articulate his reasons. I reckon he doesn't even know himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m a bit pissed off that the Aviva didn’t get a semifinal and also Amhran NāFhainn wasn’t played for the Ireland game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

My TA I actually have given up caring what song they play at matches. They can play the birdie song for all I care.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Major insomnia tonight / this morning and my satellite TV box is not working, or the network is down although their site says otherwise… the boxes ain’t pairing…. This is since i did a software update…

fuckin corporate cûnts… ‘updating’ is supposedly meant to make the service better and eradicate any problems… NOT damn well cause us more….. 🤌🏻

• Advertisement

There's a fox calling somewhere in my vicinity and now I can't help but wonder if it's caught in a football net or something. The dickheads around here leave them out all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Thanks to a combination of population increase and Bus Eireann incompetence my bus wait in the mornings has turned into a soul destroying experience. When I get to the bus stop there’s about 5 people there. About 2 minutes before the bus comes along this number usually increases tenfold. Bus Eireann in their wisdom have replaced their aging coaches with new single decker green buses which have only about two thirds the capacity of the old buses. When one of these buses comes along instead of one of the new double decker buses there’s a collective groan due to the uncertainty of the bus not having enough seats. People are getting stranded at the bus stop every morning as a result. There was an utter clown this morning who pinned himself up to the door of the bus when it arrived going “I was here first! I was here before all of ye!!” Even the bus driver had to tell him to calm down. I can see this type of behaviour becoming more common on the route unless Bus Eireann replace their “minibuses “ with more double deckers. It’s shocking incompetence!

Wednesday traffic. Why didn't I just leave the house earlier? I'm awake since 4.30.

My bus is obviously the first one through Terenure/Rathgar/Rathmines in an age as there's absolute hordes getting on at every stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

People !

Everyone is annoying me today so far, but maybe it says more about me than them TBF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Nope! From a range of sources, I can tell you ppl have gotten to be outrageously/insufferably demanding and annoying since covid. It's not you(as they would like you to believe) it's them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Full days training tomorrow that I neither want nor need. It'll be a massive waste of time and what's worse is it's in some rugby club in the arse end of East Belfast and lunch isn't even provided.

Meeting my sister for an after-work drink and there was a guy standing in the door of the pub smoking - like, literally blocking the entrance - and he gave me an absolute filthy when I asked him to excuse me. Twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who name their kids after themselves, say John is the father and the son gets called John Junior. Why do they do this? It's confusing, "not you John, it's your father I was talking to", and it's as if they have zero imagination in picking a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Or names that are variants of each other. Know twins called Sean and John. Brothers Harry and Henry, Niall and Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Heritage and memory. But yeah it can get confusing people have to judge by tone of voice. Or an an ‘Óg’ at the end as they do down the country.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I know one Junior who is known as "Junior" a la Henry Jones Jnr, but not as a compliment or "the pup".

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Went into Aldi at around 10 this morning and bought beer and some other things. The cashier muttered something and put the beer aside. Wouldn't sell it to me. I always buy beer in the evenings. Is it illegal to buy it at a certain time?

One for the thick thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My goddaughter's eldest is the fifth person in his family to be given a heritage name, as his dad and gdad are still alive, they end up being called by their number!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

10.30am Monday to Saturday, and 12.30pm on a Sunday. The tills are programmed not to let them scan before those opening times, so the cashiers can't do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

All the Mental Health awareness bolloxology that gets promoted and pushed at work. Truth is, if you spoke to anyone there about any mental health issues you’re having they won’t want to know. There’s an old saying, Don’t tell anyone your problems. 80% of people won’t care and the other 20% are glad you have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Was walking home from work, driver completely not looking tries to pull out of an industrial estate whilst I'm half way across the front of their car. Like how the f**k can you not see someone standing right on front of your car, so bad.

I then walk no more that two minutes up the road, stop at the pedestrian crossing and out of nowhere a completely different car goes flying through the red light just as everyone was about to cross the road.

What the f**k is happening out there people? Has everyone just completely switched off today?

Professional contrarians and people who'd argue over whether the sky is blue on a given day. The Tina Satchwell thread is full of them. Is it not fcuking exhausting being so hostile all the time, like?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

"Liber-dee". "Depu-dee". "Chari-dee".

You know the Irish people talking like Americans thing is an epidemic when even newscasters are beginning to talk like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

My lover is a gobshyte.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Workmen who think it’s a grand idea to finish day two of a job, by leaving a steel ladder up against a beautiful antique sideboard that is about 60-65 years old. Really beggars belief…. They came highly recommended but the absolute epitome of stupidity, wankbag carelessness and disrespect…four fellas on the job, maybe the foreman or senior guy might be mentoring them, maybe ?

the sideboard was covered with a single sheet of plastic to prevent paint splatters but seriously…. That is not potentially going to prevent scratches or dints. there was plenty of room to leave the ladder erected and free standing without it having to be folded and leaning on anything, least of all antique furniture…. We all makes mistakes but jeeez, common sense just ain’t that common. That’s beyond dumb….I’m sorry. It shouldn’t have been left against any furniture ffs. Antique worth a few grand or a throw together IKEA piece… PEOPLE ! 🚷

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Archeron

The toilets in Busaras. If i ever get murdered by crazed cannbal headhunters, i know it will be in there. Such an ominous creepy place.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,290 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sum fucker on an electric scooter gave out to me because he siad 'i was in his way'

its a pedestrian square ye prick

They have scared the sh1t out of me since i was living in Dublin aged 17 . A kip

Has Boards changed again . I usually go to my comments, but that seems to have disappeared . And now it’s bright blue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭djdunny

Feck sake. Did they not learn from the last time to just leave things as they were.

WE DONT LIKE CHANGE!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement