Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭howiya

What about this much lauded Israeli intelligence apparatus? Are you telling me they don't know who they are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭McFly85

My issue with it is that it’s unlikely to result in the destruction of Hamas - and if you’re going to carry out attacks on a population indiscriminately, I think the only way you might have to justify it is if you can guarantee your actions will be successful.

Dropping thousands of bombs into urban areas and removing water and electricity is showing severe cruelty to Palestinians. Many will lose their families and their homes due to this course of action.

How many of those will be radicalised then, join Hamas and keep the circle of violence going?

Israel aren’t conducting a targeted attack to destroy an enemy, they’re holding Gaza under siege with little option for anyone who doesn’t want to be in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The Palestinians never accepted Israel in the first place.

The UN voted for resolution 181(II) for the partition of Palestine between Jews and Arabs. The Arabs rejected this and launched a war which they lost.

80 years later, they still go on about it and do not accept the right of Israel to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Any Hamas casualties aren't innocent. What did Mary Robinson suggest Israel should do? Throw flowers at Hamas? At Hezbollah (who are also attacking Israel?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭howiya

We should be looking at the safest option for civilians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What should Isreal do so? Sit back and do nothing?

UN does something pro-Israel: BAD!

UN does something anti-Israel (e.g., Zionism as racism resolution): GOOD!

Just anti-semitic to think otherwise. Like BDS and revisionism like "Naqba."

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Interesting, in some of the videos of the kibbutz attack, Hamas terrorists were actually going back to take dead Israeli bodies away in their cars. I did see in some of their plans for the attack posted online that it said to take hostages to use for future negotiations - have to wonder were they told to take bodies too to potentially stage at bomb sites.

Just a hypothesis, as I did find it a bit weird how out of their way they seemed to be going to collect bodies to bring back. Either way, I'm sure plenty of the hostages who were still alive have since been killed in Israeli airstrikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

What's the point of that - I take you up on a particular point and then you selectively quote your original post - cutting out the point I was addressing i.e. trying to criticize people as "screaming for confirmation"?

Here is your original post (#4904)

In the middle, I gave you the (made up) narrative on how Palestinian's were killed. You replied (post #4912 - I apologise for saying 5 posts later when it was actually 8!)

It appears that, for you, the method doesn't matter on "one side", but on the "other side" it does. At least enough for you to immediately jump to doing exactly what you had criticised literally a few posts earlier - i.e. asking for sources. Or should I say "screaming for confirmation"?

I merely pointed out your inconsistency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,000 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I think it's somewhat naive and childish to say this is "revenge" in the simplistic sense of the word.

Obviously some Israeli's will see it that way, but this is about pulverizing and destroying Hamas, a Jihadi terror organisation, and neutralizing its capability to carry out anything remotely on that scale ever again.

Is it about pulverizing and destroying Hamas? Or is that itself too simplistic? Is it even achievable?

The likes of Hamas give Israel the excuses it needs to commit war crimes. I mean there is no excuses, but they use it as one.

Netanyahu sees Hamas as an asset not a burden, as long as Hamas exists a Palestine state is not achievable.

Again though there is serious questions being asked in Israel, apparently it was reported in Israeli media before the attack that Hamas had been training for weeks on the border, it also transpires that a IDF battalion normally stationed in the South and were due back there on the Friday before the attacks were told stay in the West Bank looking over a pray meeting.

Given American intelligence have confirmed the Egyptian intelligence and claims, Bibi has some serious questions to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

The tunnels will be the issue,

the American experience with the Vietcong tunnels is instructive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%E1%BB%A7_Chi_tunnels

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Where does that say they were there as a soldier? Well? They attended the festival, they witnessed the attacks.

Yes in a rush to post I got the gender of the witness wrong. How exactly is that material? Or is it just another excuse you latch onto to avoid engaging with the evidence?

And you are obviously accusing them of lying. Because you do not accept their testimony.

Something which you denied only 2 posts back! So how is that telling the truth?

So you asked: "Can you show me where I said an eye witness lied about rape?"

Clearly, your own posts are proof of it.

Either you accept their evidence that rapes occurred or obviously you are accusing them of lying.

Which is it?

You have not condemned Hamas for the act of killing babies. Find me the post where you did so or you know, you could just do so instead of engaging in semantic games.

There is abundant evidence of Hamas executing babies.

There is abundant evidence of Hamas mutilating babies.

Stop pretending there isn't.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nonyabidness23

Disagreeing with the murder of children and Israeli revenge attacks doesnt make a person antisemitic, two things can be true at the same time a person can be 100% symapathic with Israel and the victims of the attack and completely condemn hamas and still be against Israel goin into gaza and indiscriminately killing.

Whats odd is people that want to pick sides in this Hamas or Israel, in the overall conflict between Israel and Palestine thats like a choice between hitler and stalin.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

@SafeSurfer no evidence 40 babies were beheaded....

My Last post on this .

There is nobody going about 40 Babies on here other than you, page after page after page your going on about the same thing rapidly followed by denial after denial ....

Nobody else is doing this but you ,you done nothing but brought a lot of attention on yourself for some pretty disgusting reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭facehugger99

'Search apartment blocks for terrorists' says the lad sitting in his comfy armchair, thousands of miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭boetstark

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Nonsense.

I made this point before, but the idea that Israel is to blame for this latest round of violence is scutter.

There is a narrative floating around that if Israel were a bit nicer to Hamas they could have peace.

Tell us all, why did the Nazis try and exterminate all the Jews in Europe? Were the Jews a bit mean to them? Surely they are to blame for their own fate?

Sure have a chat with Hamas and see what they think about civilians

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

+1 million innocent people told to leave within 24 hours.

looks like the Israeli fascist state is looking for its own final solution.

the irony, the tragedy. makes any decent person want to weep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Those who carried out the atrocities are all dead. The planners will be killed in the next few months and however long it takes after that. Chief among them will be Dief. He has survived seven attempts on his life so far. I don't think he will survive an eighth. Any right minded person won't shed a tear over his death. The new departure will be if Israel goes after the al qassam and Hamas leadership in exile. Will the Billionaire Mashal be targeted ?some pro Israeli posters will deny it but the Israeli right and Hamas have two things in common : they don't give a crap about Palestinians civilians and neither of them wants peace with the other. So even if Israel reach their objective of purging Hamas from Israel and a more moderate government forms in Gaza nothing will change with Likud and the far right in power in Israel. The West Bank is proof of it. To the pro Israelis on here that's still not Israel's fault, because for them they can do no wrong in their eyes.

Hamas started this conflict and, rather than unconditionally surrender, they've decided to continue it - fully aware of the consequences.

They launched a further 150 rockets overnight at Ashkelon.

Israel has no choice but to eliminate the threat from Hamas once and for all. During WWII, upwards of 500,000 German civilians died. It's an ugly but unavoidable feature of war that civilians will die.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,681 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A number of newspapers in the UK have seen pictures of the baby victims of Hamas. They are refusing to publish the pictures because they are too distressing, so people like you who want to pore over those pictures to find a gotcha moment that Israel is not telling the truth will be disappointed not to get your thrill.

The stories are harrowing.

"A rescue team who visited the kibbutz, where the smell of rotting bodies still hangs in the air, told how they saw a pregnant lady lying on the floor of the first house they walked into. When they turned her over, they saw that her unborn baby had been sliced from her womb. 

'We saw a pregnant lady lying on the floor, and then we turn her around and see that the stomach is cut open, wide open,' Yossi Landau, an aid worker at the NGO Zaka, told i24News, his voice cracking with emotion. 

'The unborn baby, still connected with umbilical cord, was stabbed with a knife. And the mother was shot in the head. And you use your imagination, trying to figure out what came first.'"

There are posters like you on this thread, denying the reality of the genocidal campaign of Hamas, just like there were people who denied the reality of the genocidal actions of the Nazis. A proportionate response to this genocide is needed, just like in World War 2.

Of course, you will come back and say, but, but, but, where are the pictures of the beheaded babies. Take a long hard look at yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nonyabidness23

And i suppose you're in the thick of it you are?

You're the lad trying to act tough on boards give your head a wobble.

"What's the point of that"

Everything. I addressed why I thought what you were raising wasn't very important in the big scheme of things and you ignored that to persist with explaining the nuts and bolts of your argument. Honestly, I think we are done here lest we bring the wrath of the mods down upon our heads. Have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,000 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Why would Israel want a more moderate government in Gaza or specifically the far right Politian's there?

To be fair, there were a lot of posts about it when it was first presented as truth. It was useful fodder for some and immediately latched onto in their confirmation bias that Palestinians are sub-human. So it was very important then. But then when it looked like there was no reliable source for the story, it switched to criticizing people asking about the source. Then when no confirmation was forthcoming still, people switched to saying it didn't matter.

If it mattered enough to you for it to be significant when you thought it was true, it should matter enough for you for it to be highlighted that there isn't actually a reliable source for it at all. That is all (I understand) SafeSurfer to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

You are just being ridiculous now. I gave you the evidence that you claimed didn’t exist for the witness being an Israeli soldier and you now argue yes, but he wasn’t an Israeli soldier at that specific moment in time?

I never claimed the witness lied. I am saying that an enemy soldier is not an independent witness in the crimes of their enemies. Would you believe unquestionly everything a Hamas fighter alleged? Of course not.

If the evidence is so abundant why is it not available?

Did Hamas behead 40 babies as has been widely reported? Yes or no?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement

How many more reports and witness accounts do you lot need and still enjoying denying it ...

What's the actual mentality behind it

Advertisement