Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gutter replacement cost

• 10-10-2023 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi

To replace existing allumium gutters on the four bed detached with white PVC retaining the down pipes what would you expect to pay.

Also for a seperate job recementing all the ridge tiles?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Not a clue, but would be interested in the same ball-park pricing myself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Klopp

My MIL who lives in a 3-bed end had the gutters and downpipes replaced with new Aluminum including Fasica and Soffits all made onsite about 18 months ago. The total cost was €2,600 and took two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭riddles

Got a quote to replace the existing gutter aluminium with decent quality PVC for 1400 that includes retaining existing down pipes. any ideas if this is okay?thx

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Klopp

I would be concerned about the new PVC guttering connecting to the existing aluminum downpipes you are retaining. The joints will be difficult for one as one is plastic, the other aluminum, and I would foresee problems later down the line between the two connecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

paid 2.3k this year for replacement of all aluminum gutters and drainpipes with black pvc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Can't help with pricing but confused/interested in why so many of you have need/want to replace aluminum gutters? My folks installed aluminum gutters on their house in an exposed and windy area of the west of Ireland when built about 35 years ago and they're the same as the day installed, can't see them needing replacement for decades yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I have PVC ones and they were installed by drunks, as far as I can tell as they didn't know how to calculate a fall. Hence my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭riddles

There's a few leaks not sure if the fall is right either

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Perks

You wouldn't just dress all the joins and do away with the leaks??

Have you inspected all the channels from above during heavy rain?

Advertisement