Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nonyabidness23

Your own post explains it, America has 2 battlegroups stationed off the coast and has pledged there unwavering support.

No one is going to over run the IDF a small territory is easy to defend.

So anyone that commits to the attack risks there country being turned into a nuclear wasteland.

You should read about the samson option.

If Israel didn't have nuclear weapons and wasn't "backed by the US", it would have ceased to exist a long time ago - as another Holocaust would have been committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Banzai600

go watch CH4 news at 7pm last night, GRIM . They have a guy reporting from inside Gaza. In fact you should tune into their news every night. CH4 fired queasitons at Herzog last night too , got heated. Like all guerilla warfare, hamas wont be thwarted i dont think , it'll be the innocent ppl they hide behind who are being wiped out, like always.

But overall, this is sickening to watch and hear everything. Pretty soon , as in days, nobody will be able to put a count of the thousands of innocent dead in GAZA.

the US & UK atre stretched with UKRAINE/RUSSIA , Nth Korea / CHINA/ Taiwan etc.....and everything else going on. be careful what you bite off, but i thnk its too late for all that now.

I dont know how Iarael will root out hamas - hamas need to be held to account for last weekend,absolutely. but thats no reason for israel to keep the bombing the place into oblivion, almost there. on a quest for utter annihilation of the gaza strip - becuase thats what are are doing right now.

You cant kill over 2 million ppl to reach 110 thousand of hamas, i think is the number they reckon there are of hamas ? - if you think this is justified, take a look at yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭hymenelectra

Israel should get out of the middle east.

If I moved into an estate where every single household around me was out to murder me, I'd be gone.

Southern Atlantic, off you go, nobody would care.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,000 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Can they not take them on but at least turn the water back on?

Can they stop bombing the one entrance that allows humanitarian aid in?

Can they stop blowing up ambulances?

You asked for alternatives. Israel have most of the choices here. To suggest they don't is not reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/07/30/how-israel-helped-create-hamas/

ISRAEL SUPPORTS HAMAS:

"During Netanyahu’s fraud trial, writes Gidi Wewitz, the prime minister is quoted as declaring,

“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas,” he told a meeting of his Likud party’s Knesset members in March 2019. “This is part of our strategy—to isolate the Palestinians in Gaza from the Palestinians in the West Bank.” (Emphasis added.)"

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

is it just me or does anyone else get the impression, they have somehow stumbled into somewhere like Broadmoor?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

No they definitely aren't going to stop and they definitely will be seeing a massive uptick in terrorist style attacks in the future because of their actions now unfortunately.

And no every civilian death is the fault of Israeli terrorists, they are the ones dropping the bombs, missiles and white phosphorus on Gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭McFly85

Prioritise increased security and address the situation that allowed Hamas though in the first place.

Increased efforts into uncovering an cutting off supply chains for Hamas to limit the weaponary they can get into Gaza.

Recognise the need for civilian evacuation and support UN directives to allow for the greatest number of civilians possible to be removed from the Warzone prior to entering Gaza.

The above might not work, but at least a respects the idea that there are civilians that have the right to remove themselves from danger.

The idea that cutting water and power, levelling entire areas, setting unrealistic evacuation timelines for over a million people before going in for more destruction is somehow necessary is what I really disagree with. I don’t think it will result in the destruction of Hamas or increase security for Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Both are that's something that's not readily accepted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,000 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So you think the only option is to starve the populous to death, raze the city and slaughter civilians?

You sure about that?

They do have the capability to fire a missile in through an open window. They could exact revenge on those responsible without committing genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Nah, it's just attracted the anti-semites and RuZZian apologists. Most have been threadbanned enough elsewhere so they need a place to vent, and lying, demanding proof then rejecting it, all in their well-worn playbooks. Plus a fair few arguing with other posters who they have history with (again, see 'threadbanned elsewhere')

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

More countries hate Iran around the Middle East but overall, everyone kinda hates each other, whole region is a cluster ****

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭scottser

every civilian death is not the fault of hamas. that's an extraordinarily obtuse statement to make. i suppose you support the siege of gaza and israel's refusal of international aid and humanitarian corridors, the indiscriminate bombing of civilian targets and the killing of united nations staff?

mate, israel has been given licence to commit all kinds of atrocities on the palestinians and we're all expected to wave our tiny stars of david in support. i find this whole thing abhorrent and any right-minded person should be disgusted at this slaughter, not wishing for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

have criticised those governments as well.

the communist party of china, putin, assad ETC are fascists as netanyahu.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The sad reality is that a lot of posters on this thread would have celebrated that.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

just back from my daily jog. what a beautiful day.

as i ran along, the sun was shinning, Autumn leaves danced in the breeze, a stream babbled. laugh if you wish, but i thank my lucky stars, or whatever cosmic fluke brought me to this beautiful little slightly moist little atlantic island.

i will shower and then later i may tune into Sky, CNN or whatever for our daily dose of "one flew over the cuckoo's nest".

cmon IRELAND!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Traditional military campaigns against terrorist groups are more often then not , unsuccessful so why do the "ends justify the means" lot think it will be successful here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

That's the entire point though Rapidash — reasonable solutions are harder to articulate on forums like these because they are nuanced and hard to formulate, they require setting aside the temptation to rush to easy answers. It is the antithesis of reason to surmise that the fact that an alternative does not easily reveal itself permits anything and everything. In other words, it's entirely intellectually, morally and even strategically justifiable to say that what Israel is doing to Gaza now is not reasonable — even if we mere faraway citizens cannot present the perfect way forward, much the same way the decades of diplomacy and bloodshed have not either.

This is all the more so as there no Palestinian tanks rolling across the plains, no Palestinian air force, no Palestinian allies with warships in the Meditteranean, no fighting force in Gaza capable of occupying Israel or threatening its existence. Gaza is surrounded and Israel has full strategic flexibility to plan at its own timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Hamas started war, absolutely every civilian death is their fault, and the fault of every civilian who supports and shelters them.

They could free the children and elderly that they kidnapped. Would you give food and power to the country holding your children hostage, knowing that much of it will be channelled to their terrorist sons and brothers?

• Advertisement

They should probably just kill the 2 million to be on the safe side right?

You must have to have a really twisted mind to write what you did. And also the people that thanked it, absolutely sick **** cheering on the slaughter of innocent people.

No every death from from bombs is on Israels leadership.

Honestly can't get my head around the bloodlust on this thread absolutely disgusting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Why does Israel have a conventional military if it has nuclear weapons so?

There are different threats. Different weapons \ assets \ systems for different types of attacks.

Nuclear weapons are a last resort against certain types of attacks. That is all.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

This was always going to happen. Rightly so, most countries were appalled by the terrorist attacks in Israel and countrys offered support and made statements condemning it etc... we've seen Israeli flags and building being lit up in support.

However, now that Israel has decided on the route they are going down, you will hear more and more countries change their tune, well not change per se, just reminding Israel to abide by international law, proportionate response.

Already the news headlines are shifting the focus away from the terrorist attacks and on to the looming humanitarian crisis looming in Gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And you can guarantee that those two battlegroups will always be there if needed? With boots on the ground?

Always?

Regardless of who is President? Regardless of what other commitments or conflicts the US is involved in?

Anyone that commits to the attack - well if the attack comes from Palestine, how do you use nuclear weapons without turning your own state into a nuclear wasteland?

Your statement is without foundation. You simply cannot guarantee, cannot know, that in all circumstances, the attack will be of such a nature that nuclear weapons will deter it, or that outside assistance will come to the rescue.

You are the one who makes such a claim and there is simply no way you can prove it \ guarantee it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

The only people I’ve seen cheering on deaths of innocent people have been Palestinians. That and using a kidnapped 80 year old’s face on a pizza ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nonyabidness23

I genuinely don't think they understand what they are calling for, i think TV has nearly desensitized people to it couple that with the fact that they have never experienced it and it will have 0 impact on there own lives. Its easy hurl from the ditches in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Israel is like the US they only want to listen to other countries if they are receiving praise or sympathy. The Israeli leadership will only stop killing civilians if they asked to by the US or their own population and I have zero faith in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭thegame983

If only the Israelis would respond to terror attacks like we do here in Europe.

Do nothing and welcome more.

Not one person on this thread has argued in favour of killing 2 million Palestinians. Not a single person.

It's an outrageous fabrication. Please stop this fiction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

You can't negotiate with Palestine as they have a terrorist organization in Government. Hamas not allowing civilians to leave says it all really.

100% Hamas fault on all the deaths and destruction of Gaza

Advertisement