Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That looks like the ICCU issue. The fuse blows on the HV battery and you shouldn't drive it afterwards.

Strange that the house tripped though. Wonder was there a power surge that blew the car and tripped the house?

There's an active recall for the ICCU in Europe since earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

I drove mine to the dealer (4 mile journey) after ringing them first for their confirmation that it would be Ok to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

AC went on my car last week, works fine on DC. Wait of over 4 weeks for the part to come from Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

@niall.. I drove mine for about 10km in order to get home after ICCU warning. If you are at home I'd advise not driving. The fact it won't charge on either Zappi or granny would suggest a car issue to me. Is Zappi tripping mains when you try charge? Hopefully it's not damaged.

Call your dealer, they will collect your car but before you arrange that make sure you get a loaner agreed.

The dealer is not obliged to provide you with one and may suggest that you must ask the AA for this (the AA provide cover and collection). AA will do this but the policy is very temporary, as in couple of days only, whereas dealer loan will be for as long as you need. Sounds like they can fix this issue quicker now but I was 5 months waiting on mine and grateful the dealer I had covered us for a loan car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niall..

Update: car picked up by AA and taken to garage. Confirmed needs a replacement ICC unit. Waiting to hear from Hyundai Ireland when part will be available. Hire car for two days but going on holidays on Thursday for two weeks. Dealer has agreed to give me a loan car on my return if not sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

Well timed holidays. Also a great time of year to go. Hope is sorted when you get back

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

It seems Hyundai have really upped their game dealing with the iccu issue, giving away free holidays now 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

Hi

thinking off buying my first electric can and I am looking at a Hyundai Ionic 5 what are the thoughts on this model is there anything I need to look out for

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

According to my dealer, this "Service Action" is to do with AC charging not DC, And it's DC that is causing some cars to brick.

He was trying to get me to leave it until next service, but after a bit of pushback its now booked it for the update in 3 weeks. No Loaner car, and estimated to take "the morning".

Trying to understand what he means there. If the fix is for the ac how can using a dc charger brick it? I presume I am missing something obvious here

• Advertisement

I have mine since Feb. No issues whatsoever. Lovely to drive. We looked at all models in the class from other brands. We have oftentimes noted how we are happy we didn’t go with another brand.

The only issue is the iccu which you can read about if you scroll up. It seems to be on older cars, or is only showing up on them now anyway. If you are buying a new car it really shouldn’t be an issue as would imagine the problem has been engineered out in the factory

I can’t talk highly enough about it the only problems I have are small ones which would have with any car. Eg if I plug in a usb with music then there is no other port to get apple connect with my phone (i never use wireless) so small stuff really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

No just that there are 2 different problems. There's a DC issue that could Brick it (and need new parts). But separately, there is an AC issue that can be fixed via software only. And the service action refers to the latter.

That makes sense then thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Are these run flat tyres? I think that's what the Ioniq 5 comes with as there's no spare wheel in the boot.

We are being quoted 255 for Pirelli and I think they're run flat.

A lot of places saying you need EV specific tyres, is that true?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I don't think it comes with runflats, there's a bodge repair kit in the boot instead.

You ideally want low rolling resistance tyres to optimise efficiency, but they're not actually required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭denismc

No, they are tubeless tyres, run flat would be even more expensive.

There are no specific EV tyres but consideration should be given to things like noise, grip and efficiency depending on your preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Has anyone priced trading up to a 224 plate? We have a 221 executive with close to 50k on it, was wondering if it would make sense to change in 2024 or keep another year. I know the prices have gone up nearly 5k since so that probably won't help things.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭D_D

Got my ICCU software update done, hopefully it'll help prevent any issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭John arse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭joe1303l

If you’re changing for the sake of a number plate, it could cost you €20K. Doesn’t make much sense unless the 241 model has significant improvements over your existing car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭John arse

Watched a video over the weekend (the Ioniq guy in the U S now) but he was saying that Hyundai are removing spec items for 2024 to improve profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Dozz

Hyundai started down the penny pinching route a long time ago.

Dealer was telling me that they are starting to renege on warranty issues if the service intervals are gone over by a few 100 km's and they dont offer the 5 year service plan anymore.

Even the specs of the Ioniq 5's were cut when the recent grant reduction was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭D_D

Ouch! Think we were over by like 1,000km on last service.

I've considered whether to get a new car in January, we are on PCP since Jan 2022.

I guess depending on what our car is worth it might not cost a huge amount to upgrade but I haven't looked into it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭browne_rob5

A guy on the Irish EV facebook page was mentioning 23k to change to 241 from a 221 73kw Premium Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Your not too far wrong, equivalent model is now €47k OTR, we paid €40k for ours. The trade in offer was €30k, bit disappointing which equates to €135 monthly uplift in repayments..

Needless to say we'll be keeping what we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

How come I was quoted €54,000 yesterday for a 224 77kw one that's priced on the Hyundai website at €50,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Metallic, delivery charges and probably gap insurance and paint protection been added to your quote?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

Advertisement