Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Give the Palestinians half of Israel, the bottom half. Should stop it I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This is getting to the level of the 9/11 conspiracy theories thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

You are naive if you think there are actors on this forum and others, on Facebook, X etc seeking to deliberately manipulate public opinion.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 27,680 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It isn't a gross misrepresentation. Not a single alternative has been put forward as to how Israel should deal with this.

"Hamas is now barricading itself behind more innocent people and is using them as a shield in Gaza," Annalena Baerbock told a news conference after talks with her Israeli counterpart Eli Cohen.

"Hamas has taken the entire population of Gaza hostage," said Baerbock, who also travelled to the Israeli town of Netivot close to the Gaza border during her visit.

"Their tunnels, their weapons depots and command centres are deliberately located in residential buildings, supermarkets and universities

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

That is totally disingenuous. Plenty of posters have posited alternative methods such as targeted assassinations of hamas leaders infiltration of hamas by paid informants to trap and kill hamas operatives. Just because you don't think these are good methods and would prefer bombing from above which throughout history has not had a great track record of destroying terrorist groups doesn't mean they weren't posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

There needs to be mass relocation of peoples to solve this.

What are you on about? Ad hominem on who? I pointed out the different response in Western countries to bombing in Ukraine and bombing in Gaza. I am not wasting my time with your inanity anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I never said they weren't good,

But definitely not disingenuous have you read some of the utter Schutter that has been posted repeatedly on here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,180 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Where do you think Jews should be relocated this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,680 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

We had a poster on yesterday suggesting that the Jews be sent back to where their grandparents were from. A lot came from concentration camps in Germany and Poland so that was presumably what was meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Netanyahu ignoring the warnings, hoping for Hamas to do something which they did therefore creating the perfect opportunity to strengthen his position, comes in quite handy considering half the country couldn't stand him... It all makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

Polls show the exact opposite, Netanyahu is even more unpopular and people blame him for this latest crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,917 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Extraordinary account of an attack on a Kibbutz from members of a WhatsApp group. Really begs the question where were the IDF and why were they so utterly unprepared

"But confusion continued to dominate and nobody seemed to know how many soldiers had arrived, if they were an organised group who could begin to control the situation.

People reported hearing shouts of "IDF, IDF!" outside, but did not know whether this could be trusted. It could be Hamas in disguise, trying to tempt residents to open up.

Golan had continued standing with his gun in his kitchen and he said he could see miltants with RPGs shouting "IDF, IDF."

"I text my neighbours saying I didn't think it was IDF, they had an accent and they didn't dress appropriately - they wore the uniforms, but they didn't wear them right."

This message was also being passed around in the group.

"They're also disguised as soldiers, do not answer anyone outside," one said."

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

the blood-lust from many pro-Israeli posters here is truly disturbing. innocent women & children in Gazza had no hand, act or part in Saturday's attack, but the desire to make them pay is sickening.

i swear there's posters on here with buckets of popcorn at the ready waiting for the images of mangled Palestinian children to be flashed accross our TV screens.

Sure. Can you show us a photo of one of these military ambulances?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Often said but doesn't make much sense to me. His reputation and legacy will be in tatters after this, given he presided over the worst terror attack, atrocities and casulties inflicted on Israel since it was founded.

I would say it was far more likely to be gross underestimation of what Hamas would be capable of or what form any potential action might take.

They probably expected a mass rocket attack or similar, possibly some sort of ground operation that could be contained by the IDF at the border region.

I don't think in a hundred years they would have expected 1,500 Hamas fighters to actually effortlessly penetrate the border defences like they did and fan out into Israel proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,180 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Oh, without a doubt, there are some on here that are loving this.

You claimed no solutions have been posited and there were just rants against Israel. To claim that when you are posting here every day is disingenuous to people on the other side of the argument that have posted a number of times why they think Israels methods won't work and are just cruel.

There is plenty of scutter here, some Definitely harsh on Israel but also alot of people want hamas to disappear but don't think Israel have thought their tactics through. They definitely haven't read a history book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Hmmm, you shifted the goal posts there a bit didn't you by bringing in Facebook and X when you knew full well I was talking about this website.

They could negotiate for the hostages and through their informants kill those responsible in time. They have negotiated successfully in the past for prionser swaps. Mossad has killed plenty of hamas operatives with targeted killings during peacetime.

I can't think of a terrorist organisation that has been destroyed through the methods Israel is employing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭scottser

Isn't it mad that expressing a wish that one Semitic people not annihilate another Semitic people can be considered antisemitism?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Bit of a sick thing to say. I don't think you'd respond very favorably if someone said there are pro-Hamas posters here who revelled in Israelis being murdered and were glued to the TV over the weekend with a bucket of popcorn in hand, cheering on as the death toll rose.

Some people maybe don't see the whole situation as black and white or as simple as is made out in the wider context, while still finding some Israeli actions like a total blockade of essentials deplorable and unjustifable. Plenty of people are pro-Palestine but also condemn Hamas and simultaneously recognise that Hamas also hold a great deal of blame in what is happening right now.

Whatever your opinion, suggesting that people on either side of the opinion spectrum have "blood lust" with the popcorn in hand rejoicing as kids on either side are killed and maimed, simply because they don't share your exact opinion, is actively sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beefcake82

Doesn’t look like what Gatling was describing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭buried

It's becoming increasingly clear to me now that the current Israeli regime wanted and even allowed this situation to happen. You have Netanyahu shmalzing all over the shop with a dooper's delight smirk that would put a King Cobra to shame. He and the rest of the hardline regime are openly delighted that they now finally have the backing of the neo liberal regime currently in situ within the United States.

And the Israeli regime have allowed this to happen. The Israeli regime are the current stewards, and ultimately the wardens of the de-facto open air prison that is the Gaza Strip enclave. An open air prison that they are ultimately responsible for, an open air prison that is within their territory. And what have they done? Basically ignored this prison, abandoned it, have no wardens or guards within the prison, have no clue what is happening to anyone or anybody inside it for the last 14 years. That is absolute insanity.

Imagine if the all the wardens and prison guards of Mountjoy just decided to insanely abandon and leave the prison solely in control of the inmates for 14 days, let alone 14 years, what would you expect to happen? Total chaos, violence and murder. And chaos, violence and murder is what is currently happening, but it is being allowed to happen. Either through maleficence or stupidity, and neither should be lauded in some twisted way to ignore the responsibility that the Israeli regime has/had and have made an absolute hames of.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement

Care to name and shame? With quotes to back it up.

I don’t see anyone cheering on this horror show.

Advertisement