Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vince, Shawn and HHH ruining poor Tony's birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Thought Dynamite was excellent yet again.

Powerhouse Hobbs is a star.Can see WWE trying to get him next.

Christian just keeps getting better and better.Absolute legend!

Post edited by ConcertKing on

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm actually surprised Hobbs & Wardlow never got a chance in the WWE they seem to be the kind of guys Vince would love.

Both seemed to have tryouts in the WWE however I guess at the time they might not have had the right look as HHH was going after all PWG style guys and big men were out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*Mod Note*

@ConcertKing and @J. Marston Drop it, please. Someone posting ratings shouldn't descend into petty shots immediately like that.

I've deleted three posts that added nothing to the conversation, and Marston get's a warning for repeated escalation of nonsense arguements (via name calling). Concert, please avoid such escalations in the future too (given you're not a regular trouble maker, I'm leaving your warning at this verbal level for now).

Back to our regular scheduled programming....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

NXT had Undertaker, John Cena and Cody Rhodes on the show this week so I assume that is the reason for NXT's higher ratings this week. No big deal if you ask me, AEW still put on a decent show.

• Advertisement

It's funny however someone needs to change his password now.

Penta vs. Switchblade announced for next Wednesday.

That's one to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

He needs a bit of a rest especially from social media I think. He came across a bit unhinged this week. While it's not particularly rare for wrestling promoters to go crazy when other promoters get one over on them, it'd be better if he was doing it privately rather than social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

It's pathetic tbh.

The man keeps showing how thin skinned he is with this stuff and seems like someone who only talks trash when behind a keyboard, remember when he went on a rampage about bots and said he'd reveal the report, or when he used Cagematch ratings to justify how great a show it is. Not really how you would want your boss to act, not a great example to set for your employees when it comes to how to act online as well. He sounds like Trump the way he's spouting off on social media.

He's basically given oxygen to idiots that want to piss him off too. I was actually hoping AEW would beat them in the ratings (as unlikely as it was) but after the way Tony was being a dose, I was glad he lost. He had the chance to take it on the chin and now he's shifting the goalposts again and throwing some shade at Cena/Undertaker. Which is pretty dumb as I'm guessing some of the locker room have a fair bit of respect for them including the likes of Daniel Bryan and Edge (who was also consistently on shows (bar an NXT appearance) that drew over a million until he signed with AEW). What exactly are you saying about your roster?

That's to say nothing about the fact that shouting into the void only perpetuates the idea that they are minor league by comparison. We'd have all moved on and forgotten by now if he wasn't still moaning about it.

Mistico debuts tomorrow night on Rampage against Rocky Romero.

So a CMLL contracted wrestler now wrestling on a show that has ongoing working relationship with AAA that seems a pretty big deal.

Edit, It's Rampage next week.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

He's still tweeting 'odd' stuff.. and it's gone from him being salty to someone should check in on him maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

To quote a person on Reddit; Imagine Triple H tweeted something like "I almost died two years ago and during that time AEW signed Bryan Danielson and Adam Cole. That's when it became personal for me."

Imagine how unhinged that would be? Just thank the doctors for helping your mother and leave it at that. Odd man.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Exactly. The first part is nice and it’s good his mother is doing good and it’s been a year. That’s good stuff. The second part isn’t relevant and actually takes away from the nice message of the first line. Again someone needs to have a talk with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tony should take a social media break

It seems Edge / Adam reached out to AEW not the other way around

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

The weird thing is no one is throwing shade back at Khan from WWE so why is he continuing? Very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After showing up on NXT, will we see Jade on Smackdown as well?

Punk must be revelling with glee at Tony and AEW

Just like all the pro WWE brigade in here!

This is supposed to be an AEW thread and all I see is people taking shots at Tony Khan and putting down AEW.

Used to be some great posts on here from people but I can see why these people have stopped posting here.

Let’s be real though, it’s not like Khan isn’t providing a whole load of ammo here.

Hes throwing a mother of all strops, and it doesn’t need to be tribalistic to criticise what he’s doing right now. Don’t get me wrong, some lads who adore taking shots at AEW will thrive with stories like this, but it’s not a strictly WWE vs AEW stuff.

usually, I enjoy Coked out Tony on Twitter, but some of the DMs he’s sending people are way a line. It’s not “taking shots” at Tony to discuss this.

• Advertisement

Fair enough so.

Sick of the pro WWE stuff in this thread so will take a break from posting in here

Really hope AEW can turn things around as wrestling in general will be a much poorer place without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

This is an AEW thread and the owner is having a meltdown on Twitter….are you expecting people not to comment on it?

I actually prefer AEW to WWE, but commenting on Tony’s Twitter behaviour hardly makes me pro WWE or anyone else for that matter

The product is good especially Christian and Toni Storm, it is just Tony's social media posts are bringing the wrong attention

I’d agree with this. AEW has a lot of great stuff happening, and some of the character work has been great in recent months.

And that’s not the story around AEW and it’s not because of WWE whatever. The thing people are talking about is Tony Khan tweeting embarrassing stuff including DMs.

Yeap.

I find rating wars in 2023 funny, cause it’s extremely easy to just watch both shows nowadays. This idea that the ratings mean bugger all when people can easily watch both shows online is funny.

Khans response really should have been “look at the effort they needed to put in, to beat us when we weren’t in our usual time slot. Look how scared they are, that they dragged out taker, Cena and so on to beat us.”

Throwing a fit online isn’t the way to handle things.

Yes.

I mean nxt I felt was going to bear AEW in both the demo and total viewership, and I’ll be honest the difference in the total viewers did shock me a bit, but yes how Tony reacted to the numbers was poor. I mean AEW fans need to relax. @Agent Coulson tried to say there was WWE conspiracy over running Chicago when WWE have booked Chicago since at least 1985.

AEW fans have so much to be happy about but none of that is being talked about because of TKs tweets.

Don’t drag me into this current sh1t show.

you are totally derailing the thread now to get your own personal digs in.

I wasn’t dragging you into the current shitshow but work away with whatever CT you to use.

and to the incident you did say the WWE ran Chicago to stymie AEW when WWE/F have run that city for decades and not everything WWE does is a conspiracy against AEW.

• Advertisement

CMLL coming through the Forbidden door might just be the biggest achivement Tony has done if he can bring some peace to the CMLL/AAA rivalry/war.

Advertisement