Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PK@rte.ie (again). The All New (Patrick Kielty) Late Late Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,862 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I am assuming the PK you are referring to is Pat Kenny. "And after the break I'll be leering at yet another supermodel who has a book out"

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If they're going to do country specials why can't they include blue grass and jug bands in that category, like this bunch, Mules and Men I saw at Wild Roots festival in Sligo this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭toggle toes

I suppose if they were to start adding other music specials the L.L.S might attract a younger audience. Something they could do with at this moment and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭squonk

I really Weber about the country music special. It seems like a closed shop. I haven’t ever watched i must say first up but from reading the impressions here and seeing some YouTube clips, it looks to be the save bunch trotted out every year. To me it looks like whoever is producing the show is in cahoots with the bigger acts so the same clique get a look in every year and the smaller guys are left to struggle on in smaller venues.

There’s no way they’d get a big American nand on. It’s show them all up. I’m not ready a country music fan but the American guys are very slick and extremely good at what they’re doing. It also seems like it’s getting to a point there where it’s a very fresh genre with acts very capable of holding their own with mainstream pop acts. Certainly a huge departure from Nathan Carter doing knock off Dylan covers or wee Daniel shiteing all over a Jimmy Buffet track.

What’s shay most in ask this is that we actually do good country ourselves. Admittedly it’s country folk so acts like the Whileaways etc. don’t get a look in. Just like a poster above mentioned, the stuff we are doing well isn’t in show here and the fresh Irish C&W acts aren’t being a lookin either. If the Limerick was more eclectic they might get a broader viewer base. I’m certainly not going to tune in to watch the short if stuff that should have died out here in the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,611 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all! Oo’s on tonight then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Can't be any worse than the football

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Rugby me hole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Sweet, merciful Christ. 😑

• Advertisement

Agnes is looking..ramhar!

Put your glasses on your face, tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Jason fuckin Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Coolcormack1979

Just finish off the late late now.Jason bloody Byrne.good god .back to the football to see will kenny get booed off

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jason Byrne and Brendan O'Caroll coming on to the band playing Robbie Williams.

That's literally three strikes before a single guest says a single word.

I actually have a headache from that much crapness.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,570 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

McGuirks must have been closed early and Brendan didn't make it.

I saw Liam Brady has a book out, no doubt he'll be on in the next few weeks.

At least we have the rugby. I've wasted an hour and a half looking at a bunch of sissies in green.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The lowlights of the Stephen Kenny era - the absolute worst bits - are 5,000 times better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,980 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dear god OCarroll is on rte1 live and bbc1 on repeat. On other channels the soccer lads getting embarrassed and war and strife. End of days incoming.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Note how Brendan didn't have a snappy comeback from Patrick's quip about money, especially given his dubious loan shark leanings.

Total hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭John arse

Just had a look - Jason Byrne!!! For Fook sake😤😤😤!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Needs to stop with the RTE jokes now.

Its getting boring.

Brendan is well shaved, it must be high transvestite season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Would somebody ever tell Brendan O’’Carrollhow stupid he looks with his glasses on his head like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,570 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The football would send you to the drink, I went looking at the qualifying stats last night looking what our impossible prospects were, I thought maybe yes we could bang in 3 or 4 against Greece and get a few small miracles after that, could I be any more jaysus wrong 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

For the love of God

Haven't seen any of this 'new Late, Late' since his opening effort, but it's the same oul sh1te isn't it ?

Two absolute muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

In fairness that’s not unusual for most chat shows.

😑😑

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Advertisement