Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NFL Show now on ITV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Ive just flicked on and can report that he is a god awful atrocious dose on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Laura Woods came across as genuine football fan (Lions) and seemed to have a decent knowledge of the game at the very least.

Craig has admitted he doesn't know anything about the sport and is utterly clueless. Playing ignorant to get laughs is old hack at this stage.

When Woods got the TNT job they just panicked and picked whoever was free. ITV have another year in this deal and I can't see him still there next year.

I fawn for the BBC/Mark Chapman days.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

I was away for a couple of weeks, so watched the 3 episodes yesterday and today. It’s awful, really awful. The forced “Bantz” just doesn’t work with Craig Doyle. It’s painful to watch.

It’s the only bit of NFL I get to see, so I’ll have to stick with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Wembley game Jacksonville v Atlanta is (randomly) on Virgin Media 3 - in case anyone missed it in the listings.

I think Craig Doyle is settling into the anchor role now, not trying so hard or trying to pretend he knows American Football deeply, relating questions more to rugby, soccer etc

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Eeeesh.

Toy Story, Taylor Swift and Fashion Time.

This is what I was afraid of when they moved to ITV.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Reminds me a bit of Channel 4 having the late night games in 2014.

The coverage was two anoraks having detailed discussions on formations and tactics, then when they did the Superbowl it changed to 'A touchdown is worth SEVEN points, watch this video of a famous person you know'

Ah flip sake, it's been bumped for some bleedin Daily Mirror awards shìte tonight.

Fùckin ITV.

Sorry.

• Advertisement

Does Craig do the same "it's all just a big laugh" schtick when's he's covering rugby?

Like does he stand up and start stretching if they talk about, I dunno, that Boden Barrett bloke for more that 10 seconds?

That's was terrible.

Correction. You forgot to say:

With all due respect... that was terrible.

You know what I mean if you have seen the episode.

I don't think I can take much more of this. It really is dreadful television.

Is there anything on Youtube that's worth watching? A highlights package, or a decent analysis show from the US?

At the Broadcast Sports Awards UK...

Osi and Jason get Highly Commended in Pundit of the Year category

And Laura Woods was Sports Presenter of the Year

Winners (broadcastsportawards.co.uk)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Seamy Fitz

Agreed! I miss Chappers so much.

Accidental Partridge is going to a new level with Craig on no filter.

No Craig Doyle this week, didn't catch if they said he was on hols or anything, perhaps they've decided to just go with Osi and Jason.

I think I heard Craig say "See you next year" at the end of the last show. That's really annoying, given the stage of the season.

What’s on TV for those that don’t have Sky Sports or do streaming, for the coming season?

Is the NFL show happening (hopefully without Craig Doyle).

Tv listings not out yet for the season opening weekend. It was supposed to be a 3 year deal so this would be final year iirc

Saturday night coming we are spoiled with 2 live games on VM2 and TG4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Saturday night coming we are spoiled with 2 live games on VM2 and TG4.

I won't exactly call watching pre season football "spoiled".

• Advertisement

It was slightly tongue in cheek... a live game of american football is such a rarity on Irish channels to have 2 on at same time has a certain absurdity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Below link on the NFL site confirms all is the exact same this season for the NFL UK TV coverage, this is the final season of the existing Sky/ITV/Channel 5 deals nothing yet about main live coverage from 2025 though you would expect Sky to retain that

https://www.nfl.com/news/where-to-watch-the-nfl-in-2024-in-the-uk

Hmm. That's says J Bell & Osi will do the London games & Superbowl but doesn't seem to mention the weekly show, unless I missed it.

It does mention Gamepass on DAZN. I've watched a few pre season games on that, as far as I can tell they're free? I had a subscription last year but I'm sure it lapsed. Will be getting it again next month, though.

On the NFL website link I provided if you scroll down near the bottom for the daily schedules it confirms on Friday's The NFL Show on ITVX and ITV1. It's the final year of a 3 year contract for ITV so they are obliged to continue the show despite ITV clearly taking way less care with the show than the BBC did

Pre-season games on DAZN are free aswell as the NFL Network and select other shows, all regular season games are paywalled you need a Game Pass subscription to view them

I dont see any broadcast of NFL show in ITV or VM listings for Sepember 5th - 8th. Would seem strange to skip opening weekend.

I checked ITV4 also.

If anyone spots it in listings pls bump this thread.

Still no sign. The Jason & Osi podcast did it's season's preview on 9th Sept last year, and I do remember being amazed at how little promotion the TV show got last year. So I'm hoping they both just pop up next week.

I have just checked the ITVX player and all search results of NFL have vanished. Up until a month ago I had NFL shows saved in my ITVX favourites they had old series of Hard Knocks and a few other NFL bits uploaded on the player

I wonder if ITV have bailed out on the final year of their contract? It wouldn't be surprising especially after last season when NFL was blatantly not being taken seriously by ITV and the NFL show became 3 lads mostly bantering. I would welcome a return to the BBC even though their coverage declined and that would surely be the only other destination as the NFL wants decent viewership for the Super Bowl and the London Games

The Channel 5 Sunday morning End Zone show is still listed on Sunday morning at 9.15am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

While I've no idea where The NFL Show has gone, it doesn't seem that ITV are abandoning the contract.

Or, if they are they haven't let the NFL know yet! The NFL website has recently listed the Jets/Vikings and Jags/Patriots as the 2 London games that ITV (and therefore VM) will show this year. It also refers to The NFL Show being every Friday, though this could just be text left over from last year. I guess we'll see.

Where to watch the NFL in 2024 in the UK

The NFL Show is confirmed as cancelled, no replacement but two NFL London games and Super Bowl will continue to be shown live on ITV so should be the same with Virgin Media

Really strange for that to be announced so late before the season started with a contract in place, I can only assume the ITV ratings were horrendous in the early hours of Saturday morning graveyard slot compared to when it was on the BBC following MOTD and both parties felt it was better to kill it off for the final year of the contract. It's regressive for the NFL losing a highlights show on UK terrestrial TV

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/30258908/nfl-show-highlights-itv-axed-laura-woods-uk/

• Advertisement

I blame Craig Doyle. Now I’ve no NFL to watch :(

Advertisement