Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Rawr

Well at least she’s self aware at the end.

I hope she enjoys living out the rest of her long life in her beloved banjaxed homeland where her content will never be monitised. Good job there buddy, an own-goal for the textbooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 82,392 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nobody has the votes to be speaker, including Jim Jordan. The party nod means nothing. The floor vote is all, it's a constitutional officer appointment not a party promotional label.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

Vile cnut. Theres a similar witch in ireland that behaves the same way on social media she showed up at the rally there a while back in Kildare. Scum should be deported.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Russian airstrike in Syria. I'm sure Arab's all over the world will be protesting for Russia to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

I know there are obvious reasons, but on the surface of things, comical that the Russian air force is active in Syria and MIA in Ukraine.

I think this isn't recent?.?

But it just shows war on the ground in a very few scary minutes for one young soldier/medic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Looks like Russia withers the storm can resupply using NK/China and iran to rearm, throw endless more bodies into battle even from outside Russia, it has an ability to make people fight.

The low morale collapse of Russians never came, was it all propaganda? yes it was.

New war in middle east they help start will deflect attention.

Ukraine for all its best efforts have reached stalemate

Could still be overwhelmed despite having having inflicting heavy losses on an army that dosent seem to care after 18 months.

Armistice is more likely to late now but the west took it to slowly but still supplying components from western companies to enemies is crazy.

Don't see how the west can survive longterm our freedoms and commerce are our enemy, those who controlled it people and borders will win.

Post edited by dennis72 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Rawr

Today’s weather brought to you by the “Ukraine is losing! Sue for peace now!” Brigade.

• NK / Chinese weapons: *At best* retooled Cold War surplus that the Russians have already been exhausting at an alarming rate. The NK stocks are more limited and Russia won’t get all of it.
    • Troop Morale: Russian troop morale and ability has been a consistent problem since the early days of the war and will continue. They are poor fed, poorly clothed, poorly armed, very poorly supported and unlike the AFU are often not there by choice. This will be a factor thoughout the conflict and is no magic bullit.
    • Stalemate: We’ve covered this to exhaustion. The AFU are making a creeping advance though hostile and mined ground without any air support. And yet they still drive forward. Their advance is working. It is working slowly, but it is working against all odds.
    • Could still be overwhelmed by RU forces: Did you see what the Russians attempted last week, and what happened to them? Russia has the numbers, but still lack all the factors of a quality armed forces to make use of those numbers. The Russian Army is a tragically stupid meat grinder for Russian youth.
    • Armistice: As before, when this comes up. What peace deal to YOU envision is fair for a people who have been invaded by an aggressor that aims to destroy them? What does that look like?

“Don't see how the west can survive longterm our freedoms and commerce are our enemy, those who controlled it people and borders will win.”

Trying to make sense of this grammatical headache. You do get that Russian invasion brought about an rarely seen consensus to arm Ukraine despite Russian protests and threats of force? That damn near the entire EU woke up to the nature of this threat and you even have Finland joining NATO? (Damn near impossible a few short years ago). I see a Western World that is finally understanding the need to defend itself from bellends like Putin, and Ukraine I feel is proof of this.

Russia doesn't have the task of liberating if it can hold the 20% and it is doing a good job, losses on both sides but Russia is better resourced and brutal about it.

Ukraine has a smaller population to pull from and it appears they are all in on a very long front they have to try and retake but the longer it takes the harder it become

I don't want a Russian victory I am seeing the long play is suiting Russia.

Holding a united support will fracture if progress is not delivered and the last month is stalemate territory imo.

The recent attack by Russia is not over I think they won't stop till the area is taken its also kill off the offensive in the south.

The offensive in the South hasn't moved in a month possibly weather related or movement of troops to protect other fronts.

Post edited by dennis72 on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

A "long play" of occupying a country that is actively attacking has never paid off in recent history.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭thereitisgone

I don't agree that the Russian meat grinder attack has killed the offensive in the south for the Ukrainians, have not heard of any troops being transferred from the south to the east

Actually what the Russians are saying one of the big reasons their attack is failing so badly is because the Ukrainians brought in reserves so fast, they simply wouldn't have had time to transfer from the south

Ukraine are a victim of there own success last year when they recaptured huge amount of land rapidly because the Russians were sleeping

It wasn't normal, but now that has been set as the benchmark, but now the Russians wont be caught out like that again

What Ukraine are doing especially down south is concentrating on Russian artillery, its been going on now for over a month

We dont know how this affects the Russian defense but the Ukrainians seem too, the numbers have been staggering and its definitely a change for the Ukrainians to actively hunt them so much

They are slowly making ground but also concentrating on softening the belly of the Russian forces, which is logical if you actually want to protect your own troops

Lets not get caught up so much in meters gained or lost, Ukraine are in this for the long game

And remember they dont need to get to the Sea of Azoz now, they just need to get in range so they can cut the supply route for the Russians

Little bit more patience and lets see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭m2_browning

Arabs / Muslims don’t give a flying feck about their own

Some of the richest countries are in the Middle East and yet they expect Europe to shoulder all their refuges while doing next to nothing when not deliberately pouring oil into the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭jmreire

If the Syrian Free Army had some of the air defense capabilities that they have in Ukraine, neither Putin or Assad, would be doing as many bombing raids. And if any Assad / Putin planes hit Israeli targets, they may regret it big time. Doesn't take much to disable an airfield, and what ever happens to be parked on it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

"Holding a united support will fracture if progress is not delivered and the last month is stalemate territory imo."

Lots of points you made in your post that don't make much sense to me but particularly your point about progress not being made by Ukraine. Political leaders in the EU, America and others (which together have economic resources multiple times the size of putin's) have committed to support Ukraine in the long term as they are the victims of a completely unlawful attack from putin's forces. No one of their supporter countries have said anything about reducing support if any targets of progress by Ukraine are not reached. In spite of there being no specific targets to meet Ukraine is making great progress in destroying putin's war machine and in doing so improving the chances of a peaceful future for many countries living close to the borders of russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭thereitisgone

This is analysis from one of the most level heads on twitter about the Russian attack on Avdiivka

Some really good points

Definitely worth a read

None or little movement in a month, is being ignored, while there is unity a force cannot maintain combat op if no return offensive has stalled at a time when the weather changes.

The main concern of the west is to protect infrastructure from missile and drone attacks

This war is stalemate

• Advertisement

I don’t get the whole “when weather changes” line of argument

The current continuous gains by Ukraine are repeatedly reported as being made by small and agile dismounted units with a continued utter destruction of Russian missile and artillery units and the hunt for helicopters

The tanks are held back for counterattacks as seen in the complete and utter destruction and humiliation of Russian attack that outdone the already epic Vuhledar failure

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Seanmadradubh

"I don't want a Russian victory I am seeing the long play is suiting Russia."

B.S. If you don't want a Russian victory then you wouldn't be online trying to convince people that a Ukrainian victory is a lost cause, because such sentiments actually help Russia. Duh.

Are you just ignoring the losses of putin's forces that I posted in reply to your recent post about progress? Progress by Ukraine is not just measured in km2 of liberated territory in my opinion. The Ukrainians have taken back large areas of land from putin's invading force and in spite of territorial liberation not being as fast as some would like in recent months the losses being inflicted on putin's troops are huge as detailed in my post above that you are simply ignoring. Since an increase in attacks by putin's forces in the last few days the losses of moskovyte troops have been running at close to a thousand a day and high levels of losses in tanks, armoured personnel vehicles, artillery and other equipment as well as strikes on infrastructure putin requires to feed their front lines in Ukraine and the ships they use to launch attacks on civilians in Ukrainian cities mean they are becoming more and more an ineffective force in Ukraine making a complete collapse and withdrawal from occupied territories more likely. Who knows how long it will take to ware down putin's forces but the armed forces of Ukriane are not going to stop until the last soldier fighting for putin in Ukraine is turned into ferttiliser or gone home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

"Winter is coming" is just copium for the Russians and their supporters - they think they've won if they last till the winter.

Last year Ukraine took Kherson in mid-November.

And stopped

Until the summer Counter offensive, unfortunately it doesn't look another Kherson will be happening before the year is out ,in the scheme of things Kherson was a suprise we were all expecting a long dirty drawn out fight building by building,but instead the Russians withdrew to stronger defensive positions which they still occupy.

Winter is coming isn't Russian copium it a simple matter of fact

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Seanmadradubh

The Kherson offensive stopped because it was finished, not because of the weather lol.

Aaand destroyed Wagner in Bakhmut which nearly led to Putin leaving brown stains in his geriatric nappies

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

"I don't want a Russian victory I am seeing the long play is suiting Russia."

There is absolutely nothing either short or long which suits Russia. There is absolutely zero path to "winning" for them, other than totally wiping out every Ukrainian on the planet and everyone who has ever heard of Ukraine. The will to fight on to reclaim their lost lands will never expire regardless of what land Russia happens to occupy with military hardware. Even if it happens that the battle lines are still in the same place in 10 months, or 50 years time, Ukraine will still be fighting for their right to survive and Russia will still be sending their young to die for no reason.

Russia is the only ones in a position to end things, and they do get some say in how badly they want to be penalised for Putins idiocy. But they are not able to "win", just decide how badly they want to loose.

• Advertisement

Kherson was cut off to supply lines before putin's forces were forced to withdraw and slow progress by Ukraine armed forces in the south will be effective at cutting off supply lines to putin's forces in a much bigger area regardless of the time of year. Even if they don't push on a whole lot more, the land bridge to Crimea is now becoming increasingly narrow and supply routes through Melitopol are already being hit by sabotage and within range of some of the missiles that have been supplied to Ukraine. Here is an update on further progress in the south:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement